Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 05:08 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,080,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I remember 2006. What happened is that George W. Bush, he put us in two disastrous wars and we were headed toward the biggest financial disaster since the Great Depression," Steyer said.

There's no connection between the wars and the recession and if US Geo-Political Strategy is brought to fruition, then Steyer better get used to George W Bush being hailed as a Great American Hero by historians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 10:06 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,468,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There's no connection between the wars and the recession and if US Geo-Political Strategy is brought to fruition, then Steyer better get used to George W Bush being hailed as a Great American Hero by historians.
Another rocket scientist not following the thread. It is quite clear the thread is about the sound bite that Seyer stated a need for nuclear war. A statement he took back in the next sentence.

Read the title of the thread. Read the OP's first post. Its obvious. Comment of that or nothing. The article posted was one question from a much longer interview. To try to divine anything out of that is inane.

It should be quite obvious that the artiicle was a very small snippet of a very much larger interview that was package to raise eyebrows. And dumb eyebrows were indeed raised.

The real lesson is that this is a great example of media manipulation and this thread should never had been started.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,357,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Talk about unhinged. Add “nuke war” to the list of tds wishes. People need to take a break and regain thier sanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gbx?li=BBnb7Kz

“Left wing billionaire Tom Steyer suggests in a Rolling Stone interview this week that “nuclear war” could provide a “course correction” for the U.S. following Donald Trump’s presidency”
The tolerant left keeps on striking! Calling for nuclear war and Bill Maher hoping for a recession! All-Americans!

Old 06-30-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The tolerant left keeps on striking! Calling for nuclear war and Bill Maher hoping for a recession! All-Americans!
The intellectually lazy did not bother to even read the article. If they did they would realize that he retracted it in the very next sentence. They would also realize this was a small snippet from a much larger interview. That it as a classic case of spinning an article to catch gullible fish. Based on this thread it caught a bunch of them.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:26 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,376,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The difference is that the President has the authority and privilege to say things that affect national security, whereas you and Steyer do not. Thus, Steyer's such utterances warrant apologies. Trump doesn't owe anyone an apology, least of all liberals, you, or Steyer. His word, no matter how moronic you think it is, is the word of the leader of the most powerful nation on planet Earth. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation who doesn't have top level security clearance.
What a bizarre post. In other words Trump is above reproach and is pernitted to be the king of stupid.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
The intellectually lazy did not bother to even read the article. If they did they would realize that he retracted it in the very next sentence. They would also realize this was a small snippet from a much larger interview. That it as a classic case of spinning an article to catch gullible fish. Based on this thread it caught a bunch of them.
No, I did not read the article. I am here to enjoy some chatting, but now I retract my statement in my next post here, but reiterate that Bill Maher is hoping for recession, something I'm sure is on the minds of many a leftist at this point.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are reaping the benefits of this economy and living our lives. The bad news for your side is that the situation is improving quickly for most Americans.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
No, I did not read the article. I am here to enjoy some chatting, but now I retract my statement in my next post here, but reiterate that Bill Maher is hoping for recession, something I'm sure is on the minds of many a leftist at this point.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are reaping the benefits of this economy and living our lives. The bad news for your side is that the situation is improving quickly for most Americans.
Hmm, no, Its a silly thought to think liberals take their marching orders from Bill Maher. I can only think you came up with that idea because conservative take there marching orders (like a lemming) from a single source. What is that source?

I will give you this. You admit to your intellectual laziness. You would be well advised to work on this.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Hmm, no, Its a silly thought to think liberals take their marching orders from Bill Maher. I can only think you came up with that idea because conservative take there marching orders (like a lemming) from a single source. What is that source?

I will give you this. You admit to your intellectual laziness. You would be well advised to work on this.
Yes, such intellectual laziness for not reading an original article on a city-date forum ha! Your trolling is what most of us would call intellectual laziness, using personal attacks instead of focusing on the facts and decent debate. Carry on as you wish, as others will see you for you are doing, just as Americans are coming to see what the left as a whole is.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, such intellectual laziness for not reading an original article on a city-date forum ha! Your trolling is what most of us would call intellectual laziness, using personal attacks instead of focusing on the facts and decent debate. Carry on as you wish, as others will see you for you are doing, just as Americans are coming to see what the left as a whole is.
Not trolling at all. The thread itself could be called trolling since it used a headline that belied the actual content.

There is no personal attack. I stuck to the facts of the thread. Which clearly was that Seyer was saying to use a nuclear war to change the course.

You attempted to change the topic.

Either you are honest and read the articles that you post against or not. You did not but still felt compelled to criticize against a false narrative. Its real simple. Its called integrity.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Not trolling at all. The thread itself could be called trolling since it used a headline that belied the actual content.

There is no personal attack. I stuck to the facts of the thread. Which clearly was that Seyer was saying to use a nuclear war to change the course.

You attempted to change the topic.

Either you are honest and read the articles that you post against or not. You did not but still felt compelled to criticize against a false narrative. Its real simple. Its called integrity.
I did not post the article and am not the OP, but joined in the conversation. I would imagine that that is more common than not, for people posting on a topic. And, as far as changing the topic, your constant comments about people not reading this or that, instead of focusing on the theme being discussed is 'off topic'. I'd rather discuss the themes, the topics and the issues, instead of worrying who read what on pages of posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies