Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 04:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Lol...the wishful thinking thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 04:11 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'll be voting GOP for the 1st time in my life come mid-terms. It will be a red wave. D's will not be able to comprehend how they keep losing.
Workers are not winning when wages have been flat for more than 20 years adjusted for inflation. Transferring more power to the Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street who have gone to war against the working class for the past 40 years is not the solution. The disabled currently get $700 a month to survive on. Do you know of any GOP candidate willing to massively improve support for our disabled? I dont.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:14 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'll be voting GOP for the 1st time in my life come mid-terms. It will be a red wave. D's will not be able to comprehend how they keep losing.
Yeah I don't think they understand that as they shift further left to really anti-Americanism, they are losing their traditional base and handing it to Republicans.....thank you very much.

I am leaning towards Democrats getting shocked again in 2018 like they were in 2016...we'll see.

My prediction was that Dims will lose even more in 2020 and when they have to admit compete defeat, they will rebound in 2022 and moderate the extreme leftists thinking to win back Congress.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:25 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

My prediction was that Dims will lose even more in 2020 and when they have to admit compete defeat, they will rebound in 2022 and moderate the extreme leftists thinking to win back Congress.
There is nothing moderate about denying people health care because they dont have enough money and transferring money from workers to Wall Street and big pharma. Thats radicalism.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:46 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Oh yeah that was another one . Remember they said the Wall was a false promise and it wouldn’t never get built ? Yet ground has broken on it . One more lie from the left .
Remember when we were told that Mexico would pay for the wall? One more lie by Trump.
My point is people are to quick to judge and not do fact checking. Both sides share the lie game equally. Don't get so caught up in the R and D or you will limit yourself.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:35 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There is nothing moderate about denying people health care because they dont have enough money and transferring money from workers to Wall Street and big pharma. Thats radicalism.
If its nothing but identity politics and muh Hitlers everywhere, I will not vote for them under any circumstances. If they went back to opposing war that would help. As for big pharma thats big da guberment again. They are the product of the FDA. Everything they are is a result of FDA polices. They are patent gate keepers.

If I were a democrat, consistent with the philosophy, I would create a budget offering to buy patents for drugs that cure acute illness like antibiotics for sums similar to what they make in chronic illnesses. The threat is as real as a military threat. The market is not working too well for antibiotics that cure acute illnesses. The reason is we don't act economically with such drugs as it is. If a pharmaceutical develops it, they will not get much of a return. One reason is a fed applications is a cure instead of a long chronic condition. If they do then they will be blamed for greed. Why would an investor be interested in that? So da guberment could simply offer to buy the patent for X and let the best people win. So a military style budget might be a good idea for the public good.

However no democrat would ever suggest anything both consistent with their rhetoric or actually do anything useful. All they do divide and accuse. . First it was white men. Now white women are to blame along with them. It went from divide and rule tactics isolating white men to white people are bad entirely. Now black men are already not having enough victim cred as male native stock. Islamic immigrant lesbians are where its at. Gays are also looking more expendable as many are just rich white men. Islam looks more promising.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Well with the dividing politics that labels everyone as a victim of something that the Left is practicing and their never ending attacks on Trump and the rule of law I don't know why anyone would ever vote for a Democrat.

Their platform is of one focus to impeach 45 and support illegal aliens in every way.

I don't think a persons skin colour or race has anything to do with their seeing the GOP as an alternative to the Dems screwy approach to running the country.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:58 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,323,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Let’s just hope people don’t get sick and tired of winning ..

#keepamericagreat

—-
Confidence that African Americans, Asians and Hispanics have in their personal finances improving over the next four years should be enough to help GOP leaders retain control of Congress in the midterm elections and reelect President Trump, according to a new survey.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...win-reelection

Vladimir Putin will help get Donald Trump re-selected as President.

#makeamericahateagain

Old 07-01-2018, 08:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
People who constantly brag about what winners they are are not as confident about winning as they claim. They wouldn't have to talk about winning. They would just win.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:00 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...the wishful thinking thread.
No kidding....Hispanics for Trump????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies