Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 05:29 AM

8,340 posts, read 4,319,512 times

Advertisements

They are not intolerant of opposing views, just intolerant of lies and stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 06:58 AM

62,680 posts, read 28,868,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Did you really just ask that question?

Ya'll want to turn back the hands of time on regulations and laws that Dems put in place. Things like the environment, women's rights, LGBTQ rights, etc. You support the idea of allowing business owners to not serve people they don't agree with. You support the idea of taking away a woman's right to choose abortion, you support the idea of pharmacists not supplying birth control, you support the idea of de-regulating industries that harm our environment.

Yet you proclaim you don't "force your views" on others. PUH-LEEZE!

You, you, you! Talk about stereotyping the entire right. No conservative that know of opposes women's rights but it depends on what you call rights. No one should have the right to kill the unborn, IMO. Denying gays rights? The only thing I oppose is a traditional marriage for them a civil one is ok in my book. Otherwise they can choose to live the lives they want. I have a couple gay friends and a gay cousin it's no skin off my nose. Any person/business should have the right not to do something that is against their religion. A person can always go elsewhere for their needs.

I have no issue with birth control either. In fact I encourage it. I don't know what you mean by de-regulating industries that harm our environment. Funny though, many liberals want unlimited migration and also want to give a pass to those here illegally and that does impact our environment negatively. Hypocricy, much?

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-07-2018 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-07-2018, 07:04 AM

51,603 posts, read 25,617,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
They are not intolerant of opposing views, just intolerant of lies and stupidity.
Lies, stupidity, corruption, inhumane treatment of children, ...

Every time I remember the "Pay to Play" outcry from the right over Clinton getting paid for a speech to Goldman Sachs and now the lack of any outcry over Pruitt's shenanigans, over the tax cut giveaway to corporations, over Russian money and influence in Trump's campaign, ...

Old 07-07-2018, 07:39 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Alex Jones
Sean Hannity
Milo Yiannopoulos
James Alex Fields
James Harris Jackson
Scott Roeder
Robert Dear
Richard Poplawski
Dylan Roof
Keith Luke

Need some more examples?

Do you really want to go name for name about how bad left vs right is.....really?

Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,211,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you really want to go name for name about how bad left vs right is.....really?
Do it! I've a whole list of names and groups I can respond with.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You, you, you! Talk about stereotyping the entire right. No conservative that know of opposes women's rights but it depends on what you call rights. No one should have the right to kill the unborn, IMO. Denying gays rights? The only thing I oppose is a traditional marriage for them a civil one is ok in my book. Otherwise they can choose to live the lives they want. I have a couple gay friends and a gay cousin it's no skin off my nose. Any person/business should have the right not to do something that is against their religion. A person can always go elsewhere for their needs.

I have no issue with birth control either. In fact I encourage it. I don't know what you mean by de-regulating industries that harm our environment. Funny though, many liberals want unlimited migration and also want to give a pass to those here illegally and that does impact our environment negatively. Hypocricy, much?
Thanks for proving my point beautifully.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:29 AM

62,680 posts, read 28,868,753 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point beautifully.

You had no point except to demonize everyone on the right for their views that don't agree with yours. I note you wouldn't counter one single view that I presented either. Some of the things you said I even agreed with but in keeping with your hatred of the right you couldn't even acknowledge it.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You had no point except to demonize everyone of the right for their justified views that don't agree with yours.
I wasn't demonizing anyone.

I was simply pointing out the conservative platform and logical conclusions of their actions. If that is demonizing to you, that's a YP, not a MP.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:45 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Do it! I've a whole list of names and groups I can respond with.

Micah Xavier Johnson

Donna Hylton
Maxine Waters
Jeremiah Wright
Chris Matthews
Rachel Maddow
Fredrick Demond Scott
Jesse L. Jackson
Al Sharpton
BLM
Bernardine Dohrn
Bill Ayers
Black Panthers
New Black Panthers

We can do this all day if you'd like....

Old 07-07-2018, 11:48 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,941,431 times
This thread takes me back to elementary school.... I know you are but what am I!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies