Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 12:00 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times

Advertisements

Who are YOU trying to rule over?

I don't click on links of posters who may post links to websites containing viruses.
BTW I wasn't thanking you, I was thanking the poster whose post I replied to.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:03 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times
I've flown the flag and supported, respected and honored every President since Eisenhower (I was around for Truman, but don't remember him). Rep or Dem, doesn't matter, you respect the office and the process of our democracy. Stop being so short sighted, and support the principles that got us here. Agreeing with the person is far different from showing the respect for the office and the principle that got them there in the first place demands.

Use your vote to control what politician gets into the hot seat. If your person doesn't win, then the majority (yeah, yeah, let's not start that popular vote and electoral college stuff again) rules until the next election cycle, where......... uh, duh, yikes, the majority rules again!!!!!!!!!! It's the American way...... hate it, like it, love it, or exercise your choice and move to a better run country. More power to you, love for you to find happiness, all success to you and yours, but don't let the door hit you in the ........ Well, you know the rest.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:05 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Believe it or not, if you're a US Citizen, President Trump is your President.

Exactly right. Unless you are an illegal, Trump is your president. Like it or not.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:05 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,358,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We are in the US this week. However we have decided not to fly a flag on the 4th as we do not want it to be be interpreted in any way as support for trump.

Anyone else share this dilemma?
No delinma here. I love this country and am happy we finally have a president sho enforces the laws of the land. Radical, huh? Go Trump. You can leave the country if you would like.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:07 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't recall conservatives deciding not to fly their flag because it might indicate support for Obama. I guess this proves that there is TDS. I am not a Trump voter but it does seem there are so many on the left that need serious counseling. Life is too short to be obsessed with hating Trump. Every decision in life revolving around Trump in some way. Wow. For me my life is fine no matter who is in the White House.

I will fly my flag on the 4th and I could care less what anyone thinks about it. Just like I did when Obama was POTUS and just like I will no matter who is in office next time.
I'll fly mine on the 4th, as I do daily, and as I did during the Obama presidency. The OP's post is what is wrong with the intolerant left, yet they are going to have to live with reality until Jan 20, 2021.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:08 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Who are YOU trying to rule over?

I don't click on links of posters who may post links to websites containing viruses.
BTW I wasn't thanking you, I was thanking the poster whose post I replied to.
I know. And I posted a link to a very well-known website that featured an article about why it is ignorant to thank military members for their “service.”

I have no desire to rule over anyone. That is the whole point of being a libertarian.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:09 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
I imagine this is the first thing OP does when they get up in the morning.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Decided to fly the US flag along with a rainbow flag that I forgot I had. It was given to me by my now deceased gay neighbor. Hank was a die-hard Dem, a Vietnam Vet and a gay police officer. I will fly both flags in his memory.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:10 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I imagine this is the first thing OP does when they get up in the morning.
Mwhaha! I am looking very forward to seeing similar scenes this November.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:11 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Even though we have a disgusting president, we should still fly our flag. No one around here likes Trump but most do have flags, even if it's just a tiny one from a balcony. It shows that you are an American and that you care.

And ignore the haters who tell you not to live here because you don't like Trump. It's still a free country and you can live wherever you want and believe what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies