Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm just hoping that the meat was donated to an orphanage or some other place where it will be used.

And I agree that people are weird who are upset about hunting/killing animals, especially if they aren't vegans because someone killed the meat you're eating.

As I noted earlier, I'd rather eat an animal that lived a natural life than one caged up treated poorly. I actually encouraged my husband to hang out more with my uncles who hunt and fish so he can get more real food.

Pictures are just weird to me. I have no issue with her killing the animal especially if it will be consumed. I don't like when they kill elephants though or big cats that won't get eaten or used in any meaningful way but I also understand if those animals are a nuisance. I'd hope that the ranchers/farmers/property owners would consider other ways of protecting their property though prior to killing off animals, but sometimes it is necessary for that reason IMO as well.

People comment here with emotions, while not knowing anything about the subjects they have chosen to make a stand on.

Hunting in Africa, on an arranged legal hunt, is not like poaching an animal in the USA.
Game management is crucial to the species health.
The meat is consumed by the local villages and a very high cost is levied to remove the hide and mounts from the continent. Which goes back into the communities.

They have to manage the herds for the overall health of the species, and they help the communities by doing so.
I bet you think they go out and kill anything they want.... Far from it. The animal harvested, is chosen ahead of time, for some reason the wildlife management has agreed the harvest of that animal is needed. Hurt, deformed, very old....

Old 07-02-2018, 09:17 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
My opinion is that this woman is a jerk. Trophy hunting is repulsive to me, the Trump kids have done it too. Why does shooting an animal, especially a defenseless one for a trophy moment make you happy or tough?
They do it because they CAN do it. People do a lot of stupid things that are perfectly legal.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:23 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
This is the lie. Trophy hunting is not for meat. When someone kills a lion they are not going to eat it.
I would. They might be deliscious. They eat other delicious animals. I'd try it. If I kill it. I'm going to grill it.

If it's gamey, just means it has to soak in a brine or go a little extra on the seasoning.
I'd eat a lion. I'd eat a kangaroo too. As long as there is no parasites that can survive cooking, I'll try it.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:35 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Just becuase there is corruption in Africa does not make this right, and there are plenty of conservation projects that don't involve idiotic game hunters like this woman.

Giraffes Silently Slip Onto the Endangered Species List | Smart News

GCF Home - GiraffeConservation.org

Giraffe Research and Conservation Trust

Giraffe Conservation Alliance

Giraffe Charities - get involved and help giraffes - Animals' Charities

I have to assume you didn't read the article. The founder of one of the organizations you listed is quoted in it.

Quote:
“The giraffe in the photo is of the South African species Giraffa giraffe, which are not rare – they are increasing in the wild,” Julian Fennessy, Ph.D., co-founder of the Giraffe Conservation Foundation told Yahoo Lifestyle.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:41 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Good for her - more people should follow their dreams.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:55 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I thought the tweet in the first post calling her a "white savage" and referencing Neanderthal genetics were hilariously racist.

One may not like trophy hunting or whatever but to just go straight to race and suggesting inferior genetics because you share different views with someone is pretty low.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:58 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'd take them to where I grew up and show them the zombie deer as a result of virtue signaling because cityiot migrants/temporary residents didn't like hunting.
Wasting disorder is awful.

Finding dead fawns that look like skeletons was awful.
Bucks battling to the death some missing an eye, others dead from a broken neck from tangling antlers. Does scrawny and raggedy.

Farmers and orchards crops decimated because there wasn't enough food to sustain the population.

There's a big difference between healthy and what became of them. Malnourished. Aggressive. Older bucks killing off younger button bucks.
Nope. Hunting is bad. It's immoral. You have a grocery store.
Hunting deer also keeps the coyote population down.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:59 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People comment here with emotions, while not knowing anything about the subjects they have chosen to make a stand on.
This way of thinking is at the root of a lot of our problems, political and otherwise. It is very frustrating.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:01 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Anyone who finds hunting cruel should look at a slaughterhouse video, and see how your grocery store animals lived and died.

Hunted wild animals are taken out much more mercifully, after having lived a real life in the wild.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
It will be interesting when the next lion/tiger/cheetah/elephant kills a hunter and then posts it online with a body part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies