Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 10:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump has plans for them. He'd only release them if he d make more $$$ with the deal.
How?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:08 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,687 times
so you would rather leave them on the street to fend for themselves.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

You would rather have our own starve and die on the streets but take in ILLEGALS who should not be crossing the
border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's against the law to steal children from their parents if the parents are citizens. You can't just go and take someone's children even if they are homeless. Social services/CPS/DCF can, but at that point, the kids are generally put into foster homes or, in the case of teens, sometimes group homes, which I believe is a substandard solution. In any case, they're not caged in old Walmarts.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:13 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
so you would rather leave them on the street to fend for themselves.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

You would rather have our own starve and die on the streets but take in ILLEGALS who should not be crossing the
border.
What do you propose we do about it, other than call DCF to investigate? You cannot go and take children from their parents on your own. Homeless children go to school and eat two meals per day, they are often given backpacks to take with food for the weekend, etc. There is free childcare and there are shelters. Most homeless kids don't actually live on the street; they live in motels with their parents or crash at the homes of relatives.

Contrary to conservative belief, it is possible to care about both American children and other children. I know, mind blown.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:14 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Just illegal alien children or do you have room for the homeless children of US citizens and those separated from their families?
Nope, they have no problem with the little American kids sleeping in the streets.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 AM

6,748 posts, read 3,365,850 times
They must be overstocked with small size suicide vests.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:38 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
It's against the law to steal children from their parents if the parents are citizens. You can't just go and take someone's children even if they are homeless. Social services/CPS/DCF can, but at that point, the kids are generally put into foster homes or, in the case of teens, sometimes group homes, which I believe is a substandard solution. In any case, they're not caged in old Walmarts.

Please provide picture of foreign children being put in "cages" in old Walmart under Trump's watch. I'll wait!

Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And you'll be posting specific examples?

Or should we just take it to be a collection of pixels and nothing more?

We would be committing suicide to take in every foreigner that wants to come here and you know it so since liberals and ethnocentrics think we should take them all in or we aren't Christians how can you even ask for examples there all right here in this forum calling us phoney Christians.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Either the Muslim community has read the New Testament and understood it and plans to put it into practice, or Islam is a genuinely caring and nurturing faith after all, in spite of what some would have us believe. Where are the Christians...?

https://www.facebook.com/QadeerBaksh...yMTAzMDkwMDgx/
They may be looking to create a new pool of sex slaves and laborers.
In a Burka who will know if they are children or short slave traders committed to the caliphate ?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:51 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please provide picture of foreign children being put in "cages" in old Walmart under Trump's watch. I'll wait!

You can see a photo of children in cages under Obama's watch and also under Trump's watch. These have been extremely widely circulated; not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse or if you have recently come to the surface...

Photos show migrant children in cages under both Trump and Obama - Business Insider

Anyway, the point isn't really children sleeping on the street. If conservatives cared about kids once they graduated from fetushood, they would want to provide poor kids with medical care, housing, food, and all of their other needs. It's really just about pulling out the "what about HOMELESS WHITE CHILDREN???" card when someone expresses concern about homeless brown children. If republicans were trying to ensure that all kids had their needs met (i.e. were actually pro-life and not just pro-fetus), then I'd give more credence to the idea that American kids' needs should be met first. Since that is obviously not the case, the cries of "what about the CHILDREN?" can safely be ignored.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
What do you propose we do about it, other than call DCF to investigate? You cannot go and take children from their parents on your own. Homeless children go to school and eat two meals per day, they are often given backpacks to take with food for the weekend, etc. There is free childcare and there are shelters. Most homeless kids don't actually live on the street; they live in motels with their parents or crash at the homes of relatives.

Contrary to conservative belief, it is possible to care about both American children and other children. I know, mind blown.
Yet there are still homeless citizens, homeless children of citizens living in shelters, living on the streets of America.

And your solution is to take these children of incarcerated illegal aliens who are being housed by vetted employees of the US government and release them to un-vetted individuals of the Muslim community? Just like that. No background checks, no way to track them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies