Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 10:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And his character has what to do with repealing of some environmental regulations? Are the investigations into his personal conduct going to turn our environment into a third world country and harm millions of people?
It appears Trump supporters have stopped even trying to defend Scott Pruitt's character.

"If the allegations are true, keeping secret calendars and altering or deleting records of meetings could violate federal law as either “falsifying records” or hiding public records."

Whistleblower: Pruitt Kept Secret Calendar to Hide Controversial Meetings
https://www.thedailybeast.com/whistl...tings?ref=home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 10:11 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I believe Scott Pruitt is up to about 14 ethics investigations now. And that doesn’t include the disaster of a job he’s doing in the EPA. That’s spending taxpayer money on pants and shirts, retaliation, $120,000 Italian trip, using lights and sirens to jump traffic, $45,000 sound booths, $1500 pens, keeping multiple calendars to hide meetings which may be illegal, etc.

How this guy even has a job is amazing. Just goes to show how corrupt this administration actually is.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
How this guy even has a job is amazing. Just goes to show how corrupt this administration actually is.
I'm starting to think corruption is a job requirement as it is indicative of their ability to be "persuaded". Wouldn't want any of those rules or ethics to get in the way.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:19 AM

8,492 posts, read 4,550,068 times
Pruitt is the most corrupt of all the Trump toadies. If it makes any difference, he probably wasn't paying for dinner on his own dime. Likely paid by his lobbyist masters.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:21 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Here you go...

This would happen to me once... after that, there will be a plan in place to handle these types of disruptions.

Again as I said on page 1 - mind numbed robot reading someone else's talking points.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 AM

15,622 posts, read 10,378,651 times
I have read this woman who confronted Pruitt while he was eating at a restaurant was a teacher. How would this teacher feel if parents of her students upset with how she treated their children or disagreed with what she was teaching interrupted her family while eating in a restaurant, out at a park, at the grocery store and started to berate her? what if these same parents decided to picket her house to protest her teaching methods or treatment of their child and yell while her baby was sleeping?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-03-2018 at 10:36 AM..

Old 07-03-2018, 10:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have read this woman was a teacher. How would this teacher feel if parents of her students upset with how she treated their children or disagreed with what she was teaching interrupted her family while eating in a restaurant, out at a park, at the grocery store and started to berate her?

All of those parents are afforded an opportunity to attend parent-teacher conferences to air their grievances. And if that doesn't fit their schedules, they can arrange to meet with her at a time better suited to them.

The public isn't granted that access to tRump's cabinet.

Pruitt brazenly invites the public's scorn. No one should express fake outrage when he gets a teaspoon of it occasionally.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here you go...

This would happen to me once... after that, there will be a plan in place to handle these types of disruptions.

Again as I said on page 1 - mind numbed robot reading someone else's talking points.
More like a taxpayer confronting a government employee for doing a bad job. Also, Scott Pruitt is under endless ethics violations and on the front page of the Washington Post today:

Pruitt aides reveal new details of his spending and management at EPA
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...nl_most&wpmm=1

But like Trump, they ignore all of it while cheering when Joe Wilson screamed "You lie" at a State of the Union address to the approval of Republicans everywhere.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:03 AM

36,501 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It appears Trump supporters have stopped even trying to defend Scott Pruitt's character.

"If the allegations are true, keeping secret calendars and altering or deleting records of meetings could violate federal law as either “falsifying records” or hiding public records."

Whistleblower: Pruitt Kept Secret Calendar to Hide Controversial Meetings
https://www.thedailybeast.com/whistl...tings?ref=home

I'm not talking about Scott Pruitt. If he is corrupt, as many are in high government and private positions, then I hope he is booted from his position. My contention is over comments like these:

"This man is directly and significantly harming my child's -- and every child's -- health and future with decisions to roll back environmental regulations for the benefit of big corporations

He's not minding his own business when he trashes regulations that results in environmental factors that can affect millions.
The U.S. will become a third world nation if our environment goes to hell..........The guy is a menace to our nation.

I asked for knowledge (not an article listing vague projections) of just what significant harm, destruction of health and future, environmental factors, affects and how the US environment is going to hell due to rolling back some of Obama eras environmental regulations. For those who seem to know what specific regulations are being nixed and how it is going to affect millions, please share.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:10 AM

36,501 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All of those parents are afforded an opportunity to attend parent-teacher conferences to air their grievances. And if that doesn't fit their schedules, they can arrange to meet with her at a time better suited to them.

The public isn't granted that access to tRump's cabinet.

Pruitt brazenly invites the public's scorn. No one should express fake outrage when he gets a teaspoon of it occasionally.
So that makes it ok because every individual in the US can not make an appointment with members of the cabinet to air their personal grievances?
So if I have a grievance with any department head, politician or government employee and I cant get a personal audience its ok to harass and call them out on their own personal time in public venues?
Well bloody hell this going to get interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies