Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:36 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,110,337 times

Advertisements

“How can you support a murderous regeme”

Trump: “is America any different?”

Just paraphrasing.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:49 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Why do you care how other people celebrate the 4th? I think you should worry about how uggabugga is going to celebrate it.
they have every right to devolve into insane weaponized grievance mongering, and i have every right to point it out and laugh.

if you don't like it, there are other threads you may find more comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I'm going to the County Fair. I will wear my red and white striped shirt, and at the end of the day will watch the fireworks. I acknowledge the bad things in this country, the despicable things we have done in the past, and how far we have to go to be a genuinely good country, but I also hold all the great ideals and history of this country and the great things about being an American. The country is like any person; a mixture of bad and good. I can be critical of things I don't like without losing my love of my country. So I can enjoy the warm feeling when the Star Spangled Banner plays with the last brilliant explosions, and without guilt, feel that at that moment and in that place, all is well.
that sounds very reasonable. but i never understood why anyone would think having a county fair at the height of the summer heat was great timing. fall is much better.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
but it has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. it would be pretty stupid to go discuss this topic on that thread, don't you think?
Just following the ridiculousness of this thread with another.

Bless your heart.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:44 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'hate and obsession'? i'm laughing at ridiculous leftists gnashing their teeth at the thought of 'celebrating' anything having to do with the USA.
you seem seriously triggered. burgers and beer are for tomorrow
Celebrate the 4th by putting up a dozen more threads on CD forum about how you hate liberals and leftists after imbibing a few more hours of Rush Limbaugh. Wonderful existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.