Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 06:47 AM

89,017 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I highly doubt they are. I've seen welfare queen in references to Dems too.
Because that's mostly true. There's actual research on this:

Are Welfare Recipients Mostly Republican or Democrat? - Tino Sanandaji, PhD

Chart, Democrats:

https://tino.us/wp-content/uploads/2...-1-695x632.png

Author's credentials:
PhD in Public Policy from the University of Chicago
MA in Economics from the University of Chicago
MSc from Stockholm School of Economics

Other info from the link:

Share of Recipients of each program that identified as supporters of Republican party:

Gov. Subsidized Housing 12%
Medicaid: 16%
Food Stamps: 20%
Unemployment Compensation: 21%
Welfare or public assistance: 22%
Disability benefits from government 25%

Data source:
https://www.maxwell.syr.edu/campbell/programs/Merged_Data_Set

It's in the Dems' best interest to keep a certain percentage of the population poor and on public assistance to maintain their voter base. They wouldn't be able to win elections without them.
And even worse, it's minorities (Blacks, and to a lesser degree, Hispanics) who are very disproportionately kept poor.

Now that Dem voters understand that you're supporting the maintenance and growth of a perpetually poor and welfare-programs dependent underclass that MUST be kept poor in order to keep most of them voting Dem, will you all still go along with that?

Get a clue... Why do you think liberals are SO on board with "open borders" that keep low-end wages depressed?

Old 07-04-2018, 07:03 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Chart, Democrats:

Author's credentials:

Share of Recipients of each program that identified as supporters of Republican party:

Data source:

It's in the Dems' best interest to keep a certain percentage of the population poor and on public assistance to maintain their voter base. They wouldn't be able to win elections without them.
And even worse, it's minorities (Blacks, and to a lesser degree, Hispanics) who are very disproportionately kept poor.

Now that Dem voters understand that you're supporting the maintenance and growth of a perpetually poor and welfare-programs dependent underclass that MUST be kept poor in order to keep most of them voting Dem, will you all still go along with that?

Get a clue... Why do you think liberals are SO on board with "open borders" that keep low-end wages depressed?
I am a liberal. Did you miss where I said there was something wrong with the system? I first noticed this when I had my daughter in 1996. That year we paid $6000 more in taxes because we were married over us not being married and one of us claiming the child. $6000 back then was our house payment for the year. We were being taxed $6000 for doing things "the right way".

Wanting to make sure everyone has access to health care and food isn't me wanting people dependent on the government. We are a wealthy enough nations that we can take care of the most basic needs of people who can't afford (at the time...some people need these programs temp). Do you really mean to say someone should suffer and or die when help is available but they've fallen on hard times so oh well. Do you really mean to say that you should eat your nice meal while others next to you go hungry and rationalize they deserve it because they are lazy. We're not even talking about sending it overseas. We're talking about our neighbors.

I guess I missed the memo on open boarders. Wanting to help someone escape a dangerous situation sounds more like open arms than open boarders but OK.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
There are shortages of a lot of things in this world. Stupid people isn’t one of them.
Yep. Always has been, always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Should be proud of the Flag but when I see a pickup with a flag. Can't help but picture an angry guy with a shotgun.. It's not accurate but you can thanks Murican stereotypes. Im sure that's how the world sees us..
I only can support it during say NASCAR races off the back of a work truck during the anthem or maybe a monster truck during the anthem (though I only recently saw that once and the truck never took it off for racing or freestyle.) The people who display the flag this way are the typical people who would have been annoyed with the anthem wheelers, yet would potentially break the flag code by flying a flag in a condition it could touch the ground. I always want to laugh if that happens just at the stupidity, but I would mostly be hurt because I do love America. When I own my own house, you damn well bet, I'll have a flag pole to display the U.S. colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OMG! - but guess what - this honor roll student didn't know what the flag code is either - so I had to look it up. I can bet that more than 75% of US citizens don't know the flag code - so I'll give you a gold star!
Despite being some liberal Kombat to some on this forum, I am a former Boy Scout and I AM and Eagle Scout as signed off by George W. Bush. I know about respect to the flag. The flag code basically is the American flag is the highest of any flag in America, you raise it after sunrise and lower it before sunset, you don't fly it in inclimate weather, don't let the flag touch the ground, don't display a tattered flag, you retire flags by folding it correctly and putting it on a ceremonial pyre (no flag burning), the flag cannot be used as clothing (though this often goes into rocky debates of if a shirt should have a picture of the flag) and on days of mourning or grief, you raise it all the way up before lowering it to half-mast (and not just half-mast up the flag pole.) I bolded the two two points that I hate on the general back of the truck case and underlined this particular case of the Trump flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Most of them don't even know there is such a thing as a Flag Code. This who do are going to read it one day, right after they read the Constitution.
I only knew of it through the Boy Scouts of America (soon to be Scouts USA) and I know numbers have declined since I joined due to several controversies including the gay issue on both sides as well as the Trump stump speech at the Jamboree last year #NotMyBoyScouts and I can say this as I went to the 2001 Jamboree and heard W. Bush from his recorded message (couldn't attend due to a weather rescheduled show.)

Old 07-04-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep. Always has been, always will be.

I only can support it during say NASCAR races off the back of a work truck during the anthem or maybe a monster truck during the anthem (though I only recently saw that once and the truck never took it off for racing or freestyle.) The people who display the flag this way are the typical people who would have been annoyed with the anthem wheelers, yet would potentially break the flag code by flying a flag in a condition it could touch the ground. I always want to laugh if that happens just at the stupidity, but I would mostly be hurt because I do love America. When I own my own house, you damn well bet, I'll have a flag pole to display the U.S. colors.

Despite being some liberal Kombat to some on this forum, I am a former Boy Scout and I AM and Eagle Scout as signed off by George W. Bush. I know about respect to the flag. The flag code basically is the American flag is the highest of any flag in America, you raise it after sunrise and lower it before sunset, you don't fly it in inclimate weather, don't let the flag touch the ground, don't display a tattered flag, you retire flags by folding it correctly and putting it on a ceremonial pyre (no flag burning), the flag cannot be used as clothing (though this often goes into rocky debates of if a shirt should have a picture of the flag) and on days of mourning or grief, you raise it all the way up before lowering it to half-mast (and not just half-mast up the flag pole.) I bolded the two two points that I hate on the general back of the truck case and underlined this particular case of the Trump flag.

I only knew of it through the Boy Scouts of America (soon to be Scouts USA) and I know numbers have declined since I joined due to several controversies including the gay issue on both sides as well as the Trump stump speech at the Jamboree last year #NotMyBoyScouts and I can say this as I went to the 2001 Jamboree and heard W. Bush from his recorded message (couldn't attend due to a weather rescheduled show.)
Is this disrespect? Am I unpatriotic if I think this guy is awesome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQG9-66Zeeg

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 07-04-2018 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: The founding fathers never imagined they'd need to make a rule against the flag touching manberries....surprise!

Old 07-04-2018, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
I know, right?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Redcolour...&wl13=&veh=sem

Old 07-04-2018, 08:07 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I saw a dork with a rebel flag outfit that almost looked like he was wearing a jumper. Red shorts with the rebel flag across his ass, red t shirt with some kind of rebel flag and logo across the back. I thought nice place for the rebel flag, on someone's ass.
Now I still support the right to fly the rebel flag on Civil War battlefields down south and in southern cemeteries and in private homes if that's their thing. Down south. Not up here in Pa. Up here the rebel flag is about as welcome as the Mexican flag.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:09 AM

Would anyone kneel for this flag?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-J...a8&athena=true

Old 07-04-2018, 08:10 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Chart, Democrats:

Author's credentials:

Data source:

Most non-working poor don't vote and republicans surely don't want them too. Working poor more so and more likely to be republican today as once unions pushed more democrat. Most unions of working poor have all been eliminated as corporate America won.

Many small cities like my depressed hometown vote republican. Though much of the population is poor big city transplants and local poor who don't vote. Voting is done by the oldest locals by far who remain and worked all their lives.

So any poll of poor .... especially welfare recipients. Is inaccurate if you realize most do not vote and a good % don't drive or lost licenses to have easy registrations when you renew a photo license. Most republicans DO NOT want easier voter registration as it might invite poorer voters. Catholics were a big democrat base that less unionization and abortion frenzy changed how some voted. Most are or were city dwellers originally and highly unionized that again is far less that helps republicans. The other Christian groups also using social things like gay marriage and abortion to steer voting too.

People forget how criminal records effect voting too of the poor and that corporate America does not want to hire. Blemished histories promote our Under-Class growth who don't get hired and mental issues to physical ones. Slower workers are daily hired and fired in corporations calling all the shots and hire and fire their easy call if they fear unions or want only top performing workers. Many will fall though cracks to poor ranks and under-class created.

It is clear that voting poor who receive government aid and benefits ..... would vote more democrat in a era where republicans run on reducing them.... common sense would you not say?

Last edited by DavePa; 07-04-2018 at 08:27 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 08:25 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Most Walmart shoppers probably don't even know what it means !

Old 07-04-2018, 08:52 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:

Walmart is making America great again! Thank you Walmart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies