Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 02:04 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
These Trump cult followers can’t listen to anyone but their fearful leader. They actually believe every word this man says. This is so dangerous for the country. Putin runs things. NO? When has he even said a critical word about him. Trump wants to be a dictator not a president.
Just like you As an Obama cult follower, you and your ilk can't listen to anyone but your fearful leader. TDS runs really deep in so many
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 02:14 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Idiotic post^^^^

You just invoked Godwin's Law. You lose.
I didn't lose. Trump invokes Godwin's Law - not me! He did say they're "fine people" after all, so what's your beef? If the shoe fits, Cinderella ...wear it!

Old 07-04-2018, 05:48 AM

20,094 posts, read 8,998,912 times
What's the Democrats plan to keep people from crossing the border and illegally entering the United States?

Answer: They don't have one. A clear signal they want open borders.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:40 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not an unfair question.

I support Trump because he is on the side of working Americans.

In the past, the closest we have ever come to a president that gave two ****s about the working class was Reagan, but even Reagan failed in certain areas.

Also, Trump doesn't seem to hold it against me that I was born both white and male.

That's a big deal to me and other white males like me (the only group still legally discriminated against).
Oh, momonkey...how can I help you open your eyes?

I wish you were right, I really do. I understand your concerns and frustrations. I have sympathy for those who feel left out, excluded, unfairly treated. I can see how Trump's outrageous outspokenness would seem like a breath of fresh air at first, and he would be mistaken for a welcome innovation, a non-politician who would not put up with foolishness. I get that. I understand how his brashness and criticism of the status quo resonated with many people who felt overlooked and left out. I understand how he was someone people like you, good salt-of-the-earth American workers, thought could speak for them and their concerns. I get it.

But Trump is anything BUT on your side. He is a con-man who is curiously deferential to Vladimir Putin, certainly no friend to our country or democracy. He lies, regularly and sometimes within one sentence (remember that letter from North Korea which he stated was a wonderful letter that everyone would appreciate and then without drawing a new breath, admitted he hadn't even opened, much less read it yet??)

Check out how Trump treated the illegal immigrants - yes, that's right, illegal Eastern European immigrants - who built his NYC and NJ projects. He stiffed them. Knowingly hired illegals, provided dangerous working conditions and little safety equipment, then refused to pay them what they were owed.

Is that being on the side of the workers? He doesn't care about you or anyone like you.

Trump doesn't care about his own family members - he refused to help with the steep medical bills for his unwealthy nephew's critically ill baby. He has been unfaithful to each of his three wives, and emotionally neglects his five children, except for Ivanka, and he has stated very unfatherly thoughts about her.

Trump brags about bringing back American industry - really? Look at Harley-Davidson. Look at the huge increase in our national debt, the cost of gasoline and other oil products, the tax benefits for the top 1% at the expense of the other 99% of us, the cuts in Medicaid that will impact the most needy, including the disabled and children with special needs, the selling off of our national lands to benefit wealthy private interests...none of these things benefit the American people at large in any way, and they can all be attributed to Trump and his terrible policies.

Claiming he was going to drain the swamp, Trump has instead made matters in D.C. much worse. It is as if corruption is a requirement to work at a high level in the Trump administration. Nepotism, special interests, bribery and emoluments infest it, throughout, most notably within the Trump family, and in the personas of Betsy DeVos and Scott Pruitt.

Do you really want your tax dollars going to line these grifters' pockets?? Do you really want to see our national forests and other publicly owned properties sold to benefit big oil and other special interests? Under Trump, it's happening.

Trump is a deeply flawed person, shallow, deliberately ignorant, narcissistic in his ways and with all the earmarks of the highly insecure. He is dangerously impulsive and self-indulgent, dishonest at all levels - so much that he doesn't even seem to realize when he casually lies and contradicts himself, as in the North Korean letter incident. He has a history of involvement with both the New Jersey-NYC and the Russian mob, has some extremely shady associates whose identities and dealings are currently being slowly brought to light.

Trump has a very dark, negative, misogynist and said to be criminal history when it comes to women and young girls, and I am not just referring to the "grab 'em" tape. His Trump Modeling Agency needs to have more attention paid to it and what became of the young women and underage girls, who were often imported from Eastern Europe, involved with it.

Trump has little knowledge of American history and government and what used to be called civics and shows no interest in increasing that knowledge, seems to confuse the presidency with having absolute power, has no knowledge of how a democratic republic functions and again shows no interest in learning, and is endangering our country and government on multiple levels at present.

I used to just think Trump was inadequate for the job because of his personal deficits, but now I think it goes far deeper than that, and I pray that our country survives this administration intact. This has nothing to do with Trump's personal quirks and indulgences, the comparative irritants of the national debt, misogyny, even his wasting our tax dollars on unnecessary golfing weekends and redundant post-election rallies.

It has much to do with those both in this country and abroad, who want to see our country both fail and fall, and who are using Trump and his glaring weaknesses to try to bring this about.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 07-04-2018 at 08:15 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Just like you As an Obama cult follower, you and your ilk can't listen to anyone but your fearful leader. TDS runs really deep in so many
Can you defend Trump without resorting to insulting those who do not support him? Try to defend him without mentioning Obama, Hillary, TDS, etc., or using ad hominem insults against those who have doubts about him.

If Trump's truly defensible, that should not be hard to do.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Is there EVER A TIME, when the Cowardly Dotard actually works at his JOB? ALL HE DOES IS GOLF, RALLIES, AND HANGING OUT WITH DICTATORS. WHEN DOES THE MAN ACTUALLY WORK???????
Actually, we might want to be thankful that Trump doesn't seem fond of "work", considering what a mess he's made of it on the few occasions he has given it a try.

At least the golf and rallies keep him out of more significant trouble, even at the cost of our tax dollars.

Hanging out with dictators, of course, does not equate with jaunts to Mar-a-Lago, etc.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:08 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
second Supreme Court Justice to be appointed
So? That has nothing to do with Trump. Kennedy decided to retire. Fail on that point.

Quote:
- Travel ban upheld
Goody. A discriminatory Muslim ban was upheld by the Supreme court. So once again that had nothing to do with Trump, but the SC. Another fail.

Quote:
- The market is up 6,000 points.
The president doesn't control the stock market. Fail #3.

Quote:
- GDP is up.
See my previous point. Have you ever heard of correlation not equaling causation?

Quote:
- Consumer confidence is up.
That's happening despite Trump, not because of him. You're really losing this argument, Dash.

Quote:
- Unemployment is down, FOR EVERYONE.
What did Trump do to cause this? Employers choose to hire, not the president.

Quote:
- Border being brought under control.
By locking kids away from their parents. But I'll give you that one anyway.

Quote:
- Business coming back the United States.
Wrong. Harley Davidson and other companies are leaving the US, not staying. And this is directly caused by Trump and his punitive tariffs.

Quote:
- Renegotiating bad trade deals.
Renegotiating by making enemies out of our allies and making bigger enemies out of our enemies. That's a great strategy.

Quote:
- Removed Obamacare mandate.
And where's that Republican health care plan we were promised? (Crickets). All the removal of the mandate does is drive up the cost of healthcare.

Quote:
- Cut job killing Federal Regulations.
Because rules were made to be broken, right? Just ask Scott Pruitt

Quote:
- Passed tax cuts.
Let's think for just a second. You know that will increase our federal deficit YUGELY, right? And we don't need tax cuts in a thriving economy.

Quote:
- Praised at Davos Economic Forum.
So a woman Trump hired, and can fire, said he was a good guy. This proves what exactly?

Quote:
- Won Government Shutdown Showdown. (Twice)
Great. The Republicans avoided two government shutdowns they would have been responsible for. It's a wonderful thing when people do their jobs

Quote:
- Signed spending bill favoring Democrats.
Wait, what? No policies enacted in this administration favor Democrats.

Quote:
- Persuaded NK to halt nuclear missile tests.
Because dictators can be trusted with handshake agreements, right?

Quote:
- Terminated phony Iran deal.
Which will free Iran to develop nuclear weapons at its leisure.

Quote:
- IG report slams Gov't Agencies, exonerates Trump.
Apparently not. Mueller has said nothing about Trump being exonerated. The IG report was about Hillary, not Trump's investigation.

Quote:
- Immigration Law being enforced for first time in 50 + years.
Wrong. Obama was enforcing immigration law quite nicely. Illegal immigrants were around long before Trump was inaugurated.

Quote:
All in just a year and half.
You want to start over on Trump's achievement list?

Quote:
Yet LIBS still scathing mad, eerily deranged, screaming in rabid frenzied outbursts like complete fools at people out in public. LOL
I'm not angry, just pointing out the flaws in your argument.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:11 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
What's the Democrats plan to keep people from crossing the border and illegally entering the United States?

Answer: They don't have one. A clear signal they want open borders.
Anyone that will not go after the employers is for open borders and that is pretty much everyone.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:13 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
How much is this one going to cost us?

Trump could address the American public re. NATO funding via television from the White House much more easily and efficiently - and economically. He'd reach far more viewers that way, too.

I don't think anyone would object to Trump traveling around the country to places experiencing problems (like the forest fires in the west at present), in order to meet with local leaders, encourage suffering people, etc. - but one rally after another just makes him look insecure and needy.

Trump has no travel budget. The Republican party isn't going to STOP this frequent flyer named Donald Trump.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:24 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why? Why on earth do people like Trump? That's what I will never understand. He's not classy. He's not charming. He's not intelligent or charismatic. He's certainly not attractive and is definitely not honest. He's not even vaguely competent and he is not diplomatic. What do people like so much about him that they would go to his self promoting rallies?
I won't go to his rally, but I can understand the appeal. He's the first president we've had in many years, if not a few decades, that is actually working for American citizens. Working to improve conditions for American workers, to make American businesses more able to compete on a level playing field with the rest of the world. To improve the economic conditions for all Americans. To do something for the safety and security of this country. To make the federal government responsible and accountable.

After years of globalists that put Americans last, it is a welcome change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies