Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 04:40 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
That’s funny. I work with hundreds of people here on Long Island. More women like him than men that I know of. They absolutely hated Hillary and Bernie. I’m a white college graduate and I think he is the best thing to happen to this country in many years. I’m also not racist. I am against affirmative action, diversity and al that garbage but that is simply common sense. No one should be getting ahead based on race vs being qualified. We owe nothing to any race.
That’s a subtle way of saying that you’re a white identity voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 05:12 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
That’s funny. I work with hundreds of people here on Long Island. More women like him than men that I know of. They absolutely hated Hillary and Bernie. I’m a white college graduate and I think he is the best thing to happen to this country in many years. I’m also not racist. I am against affirmative action, diversity and al that garbage but that is simply common sense. No one should be getting ahead based on race vs being qualified. We owe nothing to any race.
White women without college degrees have backed every Republican candidate since 2000.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:13 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
So what does the other half think? that he's even more racist.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:31 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
So what does the other half think? that he's even more racist.

At least we know what CNN thinks; we do not even have to tune them in! They are so predictable. If they do not have bad news about our Administration; they make up news. They forgot they are supposed to report the news.

I don't like news stations that talk politics; that also goes for many of the FOX programs. There are good news stories as well as bad news stories about what has happened in our Country because of our President - not all good and not all bad. There is other news besides politics; I liked it better when the stations spent half a minute or a minute on each article and then moved on; with the exception of a few 'in-depth' article (which were not all politics).

In general TV is failing today. We pay to see the news, sports or entertainment and they give us trash. Sometimes I think the 'paid programing' out numbers the actual programs. If that was not bad enough; they repeat the same programs over and over again. The length of the commercials has increased to the point that I have to flip to find other programming and then I forget what I was trying to watch! Most of this trash is not worth our time!

Old 07-04-2018, 05:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
CNN aka the Clinton News Network aka the Very Fake News Network

Seems to be getting real desperate, recycling the same Trump is a racist stories over and over.

I guess even on 4th of July they can’t give it a break ..
Then they wonder why their ratings are so low .

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/polit...oll/index.html
Because only Fox, Breitbart, and Alex Jones is real news these days?

Trump is very much a racist homophobe who is pandering to a base that wants to overthrow everything the US government was founded on and replace it with a Christian version of Sharia Law.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
This is how fascism starts, in bits and pieces. Shifts in policy and laws one at a time. Trump is the closest to a fascist idea that this country has come to elect.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:44 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times
99% of people don't know trump dated a half black girl for two years. They just repeat what CNN tells them.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
CNN aka the Clinton News Network aka the Very Fake News Network

Seems to be getting real desperate, recycling the same Trump is a racist stories over and over.

I guess even on 4th of July they can’t give it a break ..
Then they wonder why their ratings are so low .

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/polit...oll/index.html
Shrug I would guess that a large percentage felt the same way about Obama. I absolutely think that Maxine Waters is. I would hazard that most elitists are.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:23 PM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Funny, the DOJ seemed to know he was a racist way back in the 70s and 80s...
Please source the DOJ where they "seemed to know he was a racist way back n the 70's and 80's"

Quote:
I don't think he's necessarily a racist in the traditional sense. He's just more than willing to single out minority groups for derision and happy to discriminate if he sees some financial or popularity gain for himself in it.
"financial or popularity gain"? Really? How much money do you suppose Trump had lost from the ultra wealthy snobs in Palm Beach when he pushed through to open Mar-a-lago to blacks and Jews? The wealthy elite in Palm Beach had made it a practice to blackball all who allowed blacks and Jews in to their clubs, well, unless they were workers at those clubs. Those who did allow blacks and Jews were often driven out of town. Trump was successfully in allowing blacks and Jews onto his property. And no doubt he was shunned by the snobs, which had probably cost him millions of dollars because of that and the other things he'd done to rile those snobs up. How is that a "financial or popular gain"? Please explain.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think he MEANS to be racist. I don't think he MEANS to be sexist.

He's that old school crowd that says things like "I'm not racist I have a black friend.".....oh well then of course you mustn't be racist -- lol.

Same with being a sexist. I respect women -- and admire their beauty. But if they are fat or say something I don't like I will hurl insults on their physical looks implying they are lesser human beings for not being pretty.

He is racist and sexist......he just doesn't know any better. He's a white rich man who grew up in a white, rich world.

“I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks,” Trump told Albany’s Talk 1300 in April 2011 as he mulled a run for the presidency at that time, which he did not ultimately pursue.
If a "racist" is someone who says they have black friends, or speaks in NYC dialect and refers to black people as "the blacks", then I guess racists are no big deal and nothing to be concerned about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies