Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 02:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
I've been a registered Democrat for nearly 1/4 of a century. Rather than "walking away", I think the party's leaders need to take a long hard look at how they have steadily alienated the working class, particularly working class whites. Why do you think Trump chose to kick a hornets nest with his travel ban, threatening DACA, pardoning Arpaio, and separating families at the border? Spoiler alert: to get Democratic leaders all in a lather over non-citizens, so he could heroically appeal to the working class voter, while declaring that Democrats care more about "illegals" than about their own constituents. And it's working. I truly hope the Janus decision lights a fire under the elitist asses of Democratic leaders, and reminds them of the pro-labor values that reignited the party 60 years ago.
It shouldn’t just be white voters worried . All legal citizens including immigrants should be worried about the way the left is acting .
Now they are very vocal about abolishing ICE .. an agency that literally takes people like child molesters , drug dealers and gang members off the streets and out of neighborhoods.. neighborhoods that are mostly minority neighborhoods.

The raids aren’t usually happening in liberal elite enclaves like Brentwood in Los Angeles .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 02:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It shouldn’t just be white voters worried . All legal citizens including immigrants should be worried about the way the left is acting .
Now they are very vocal about abolishing ICE .. an agency that literally takes people like child molesters , drug dealers and gang members off the streets and out of neighborhoods.. neighborhoods that are mostly minority neighborhoods.

The raids aren’t usually happening in liberal elite enclaves like Brentwood in Los Angeles .
I agree, however, the Abolish ICE movement is reactionary to the treatment of asylum-seeking families at the border. Separating babies and small children from their parents isn't even in the same universe as taking down MS-13. While Trump continues to purposely orchestrate chaos, too many Democrats are still thinking he's a buffoon. I thought he was at first, too, but he knows exactly what he is doing, and should not be underestimated.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 07-05-2018 at 02:45 PM..

Old 07-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
I agree, however, the Abolish ICE movement is reactionary to the treatment of asylum-seeking families at the border. Separating babies and small children from their parents isn't even in the same universe as taking down MS-13. While Trump continues to purposely orchestrate chaos, too many Democrats are still thinking he's a buffoon. I thought he was at first, too, but he knows exactly what he is doing, and should not be underestimated.
Shouldn’t they be saving abolish Border Control ?

Also most of the protests seem to be AFTER Trump signed the executive order not to separate ..

Old 07-05-2018, 04:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Shouldn’t they be saving abolish Border Control ?

Also most of the protests seem to be AFTER Trump signed the executive order not to separate ..
I didn’t say that it is rational, or that I agree with them (I don’t), but his tactics are creating hysteria and reactionary behavior.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:25 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He CLAIMS he was a Democrat but when you peruse his Twitter account -- there is only pro-Trump posts.

Not buying he was a Democrat.
Please don't lie, I read his posts and he cried along with the crying liberals when Hillary lost. His decision to #walkaway was pretty recent, last 6 months if I remember correctly. The other accusation liberals are trying to pull to delegitimize the #walkaway movement is Russian bots, anything to deny the obvious just like before the 2016 election.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I notice the only ones talking about "walkaway" are REPUBLICANS. Even the guy in the video is just some "try to get famous any way possible" type that reminds me of Stacey Dash or Victoria Jackson.

The Right’s New Viral Star Is ‘Red-Pilled’ Hair Stylist From New York
Brandon Straka’s song urging Dems to ‘#WalkAway’ from their party transformed him from a struggling artist to a Fox News sensation. He also got a little help from bots.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ri...-from-new-york

Far fewer because as Trump supporters have told us, "college is for elitists".

What if one thinks "deplorables" is being too nice?
LOL, another attempt to delegitimize the movement. Look at it this way, it wasn't started by Republicans and if you do youtube videos there are videos of other people who posted their reason to walkaway. Hey, if you want to stay ignorant to what is going on, that's your choice. We may see another meltdown because you refuse to see the obvious. Stay tuned for Liberal Meltdown Two, the last one was entertaining and it will be funny watching it on the history channel.

By the way, I was raised around solid Democrats all my life, some, including me, walked away in 2012, a lot more walked away in 2016, they were disgusted by the current Democrats. Now the people who stuck with you are walking away. Our area was once majority Democrat, now it's majority Republican or Independent.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, another attempt to delegitimize the movement. Look at it this way, it wasn't started by Republicans and if you do youtube videos there are videos of other people who posted their reason to walkaway. Hey, if you want to stay ignorant to what is going on, that's your choice. We may see another meltdown because you refuse to see the obvious. Stay tuned for Liberal Meltdown Two, the last one was entertaining and it will be funny watching it on the history channel.

By the way, I was raised around solid Democrats all my life, some, including me, walked away in 2012, a lot more walked away in 2016, they were disgusted by the current Democrats. Now the people who stuck with you are walking away. Our area was once majority Democrat, now it's majority Republican or Independent.
I think I'll wait for the elections. The only people I see promoting this are sites like Breitbart, Fox and Trump supporters. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. He's never had a majority approval ever. The only reason Trump is in the White House is because of flyover country and flyover country is getting punched in the face by Trump's tariffs.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:15 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
We had "walkaway" here in California several years ago. People deserted the Republican Party in droves. The GOP is the 3rd party here. No. 1 are the Democrats, no. 2 are the NPP/Independents.
And people are "walking away" in droves from California because of it, I was one of them. Your state is hemorrhaging people because of your radical leftist positions and you won't even acknowledge it.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think I'll wait for the elections. The only people I see promoting this are sites like Breitbart, Fox and Trump supporters. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. He's never had a majority approval ever. The only reason Trump is in the White House is because of flyover country and flyover country is getting punched in the face by Trump's tariffs.
lol , the fact that MSM isn’t covering the walk away movement is pretty telling of the MSM.

Of course if they mention it they spin it as a “far right “ thing . When it’s not .

Trump’s approval rating has gone up by even Dems are telling Hillary to go away .
Using terms like flyover country are outdated .. the coasts aren’t the only camp in town and that’s all Clinton focused on which is why she lost , among many other things .
Luckily we have the electoral college and it’s not only up to CA or NY who decides the President is ..

Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
lol , the fact that MSM isn’t covering the walk away movement is pretty telling of the MSM.

Of course if they mention it they spin it as a “far right “ thing . When it’s not .

Trump’s approval rating has gone up by even Dems are telling Hillary to go away .
Using terms like flyover country are outdated .. the coasts aren’t the only camp in town and that’s all Clinton focused on which is why she lost , among many other things .
Luckily we have the electoral college and it’s not only up to CA or NY who decides the President is ..
Meh, flyover country can call themselves whatever they want but 50 people in Dubuque shouldn't be able to control a million people in the Bay Area and that's what we have now. At least we get the pleasure of watching Trump's tariffs hammer his supporters. They voted for it, they should get two scoops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies