Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don’t understand why anyone would want to advertise their political affiliation. Religion and politics causes fights so just vote and don’t advertise
It's never occurred to me to fight someone over a cap.

If I see a guy wearing a cap with the star and crescent, who knows, he may condone murdering homosexuals, killing unchaste women and be in favor of clipping clitorises.

Or, he may not.

He should be able to wear what he wants without fear of violence.

Same with a MAGA hat wearer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
It's never occurred to me to fight someone over a cap.

If I see a guy wearing a cap with the star and crescent, who knows, he may condone murdering homosexuals, killing unchaste women and be in favor of clipping clitorises.

Or, he may not.

He should be able to wear what he wants without fear of violence.

Same with a MAGA hat wearer.
But Trump is invoking violence with his rhetoric. The enemy are people who don’t agree with him. He is causing discord between us and we are falling for it instead of being the United States of America who will stand up to someone trying to divide our nation.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But Trump is invoking violence with his rhetoric. The enemy are people who don’t agree with him. He is causing discord between us and we are falling for it instead of being the United States of America who will stand up to someone trying to divide our nation.

Nope...and before you run and find that video where he is telling people to knock the crap out of them....he says stuff like that AFTER the left has already started something....

But, that's o.k., right?

Old 07-06-2018, 05:46 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,434,489 times
We know the bad guy was a liberal because he was a member of the Green Party.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
I cannot stand Trump but what is it with stealing the hat?

Remember

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/46442/

Edith the hat thief was sentenced to a fairly typical sentence for this type of thing.

Get over it people. Its a hat.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
The preliminary info I'm seeing on this is that the "liberal" was/is an illegal along with most of his family, and has a criminal record already (I mean Other than being an illegal immigrant). Kinda odd how someone looking like that, with a name like Jimenez, is listed as a "white male" though..... Apparently he's already been fired. No idea if any of this is True or not, but presented info sure make it look that way.
And the chants of "Disband ICE,Stop deportations NOW" and Stop ripping parents from their chilllldren", No Borders we are all people" will be ringing out as this person is carted off.
He was triggered by the mere sight of a hat and it ignited his fear of being torn from the bosom of his family so it should be forgiven. That and other excuses aren't far behind.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:51 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Always funny to watch Democrats spin and justify violence. Remember when liberals tried to blame Palin campaign materials for the terrible Gabby Giffords shooting? It was those targets, and that harsh rhetoric! Then you had HRC predicting violence from Trump supporters when he would surely lose in November 2016. While she was busily predicting something that didn't happen, her supporters, and Sanders supporters were actually attacking people at Trump rallies. GOP offices being firebombed, cars vandalized at Trump rallies, protests blocking streets, Antifa attacking anyone associated with the GOP, etc. Now we have Maxine Waters calling for harassment of elected officials, the Scalise shooting, and 16 year old kids getting attacked at a Whataburger over a hat.

Like a lot of other things in recent memory, I sure hope Liberals remember the precedent they've established. Now it okay to completely disrespect POTUS and scream profanity in the U.S. Congress. It wasn't that long ago Liberals were clutching pearls because a Congressman said "You lie!" to President Obama. Now Congressional staffers drop the F bomb, and that's fine.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
I always like how those who preach equality and acceptance are the least tolerant of anyone who does not follow their line of thinking..

Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Always funny to watch Democrats spin and justify violence. Remember when liberals tried to blame Palin campaign materials for the terrible Gabby Giffords shooting? It was those targets, and that harsh rhetoric! Then you had HRC predicting violence from Trump supporters when he would surely lose in November 2016. While she was busily predicting something that didn't happen, her supporters, and Sanders supporters were actually attacking people at Trump rallies. GOP offices being firebombed, cars vandalized at Trump rallies, protests blocking streets, Antifa attacking anyone associated with the GOP, etc. Now we have Maxine Waters calling for harassment of elected officials, the Scalise shooting, and 16 year old kids getting attacked at a Whataburger over a hat.

Like a lot of other things in recent memory, I sure hope Liberals remember the precedent they've established. Now it okay to completely disrespect POTUS and scream profanity in the U.S. Congress. It wasn't that long ago Liberals were clutching pearls because a Congressman said "You lie!" to President Obama. Now Congressional staffers drop the F bomb, and that's fine.

^^^Truth....

Yep....and lets not forget this beauty...

Quote:
"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.
Signed obama

Obama fires up Democrats: 'I want you to argue with them and get in their face' - NY Daily News

Old 07-06-2018, 07:07 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
FWIW, looks like he's been arrested and charged now... with "theft". Seems to me it ought to be assault... but theft will have near zero punishment while looking like Something is being done.

There's also a strong-arm ploy in action, where the victim was told that if they did ANY interviews, Jimenez wouldn't be prosecuted. Seems like a handy way to try and shut someone up/sweep something under the rug... but I'm just some ignorant guy, what do I know about anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies