Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 07:17 PM

482 posts, read 242,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Obviously your focus is not on statistical probability....but rather black rates relative to whites. I mean, if there were only 2 murder in the country last year, and one was committed by a black person, that would be enough evidence in your mind to warrant seeing blacks are criminals because of the 50% of the murders were committed by blacks while 13% of the population is black, which shows a higher rate for blacks than whites.....ergo....black inferiority to whites. It has nothing to do with the probability of a person being murdered by blacks.....which is extremely rare....what is important to you is to show that blacks are inherently more dysfunctional to white and to use that to justify seeing the typical black person in a negative light relative to a white person.
Quote:
You are pointing out and or assuming that others are ignorant. Are you projecting? I don't believe that people have a statistical reason to fear blacks and violent crime if less than 1% of blacks are committing violent crimes. It's statistically irrelevant that blacks commit a disproportionate percentage of violent crimes when less than 1% of blacks are doing such....I mean....is there really any less of a threat from the typical black person if blacks committed violent crime proportionate to their numbers in the general population? That is a insignificant difference statistically in regards to the probability that a an unknown black person is a violent criminal.

I don't assume people are that STUPID....but I do think they are that RACIST and just using the statics as an excuse to justify treating blacks negatively.
I don't think they're ignorant or stupid, I'm just less paranoid than they are. I don't carry bear spray when going into the woods either, but I can see why some people would.

Anyways, your numbers are way off. You also need to factor in male versus female and young versus old. When you get a group of young black men, the chances of one of them being in some phase of the correctional system for a violent crime is much higher than 1%. You're kidding to yourself or simply making excuses to say otherwise. You are perceiving the world how you want it to be instead of how it actually is. That will get you into trouble one of these days.

Just saying......

Old 07-06-2018, 08:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How are they the saviors? I'm just trying to live my life being a Black man in America. My concern is making sure I live a good life. I am concerned about making sure I can live my life without having to deal with dealing with racist people. I don't want the cops called on me for trivial stuff. It wastes my time and the policeman's time. Again, what is in it for me?

If I try to correct it with wisdom, I am called a racist, only because I'm not Black.
The correction is going to have to come from within the culture of evil and hate.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:05 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If I try to correct it with wisdom, I am called a racist, only because I'm not Black.
The correction is going to have to come from within the culture of evil and hate.
You didn't answer my questions.

What is in it for me? How does this help me live a life free of racism? How does it prevent me from having the cops called on me for stupid reasons? And how am I some kind of savior?

Old 07-06-2018, 08:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Even the most know-nothing of persons knows that an Asian is far less likely to be a criminal than he himself is. East Asians have earned a reputation as being law-biding, productive citizens. If only all ethnicities were as American as they are.

So this is all about racial profiling , I guess you probably know that the vast overwhelming majority of African-Americans are not criminals.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
So this is all about racial profiling , I guess you probably know that the vast overwhelming majority of African-Americans are not criminals.
got any data to back that up, or maybe the majority are not but the majority of crime are done by a minority group, maybe it just a few but with repeating offends

Old 07-06-2018, 08:43 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Sad but true. But they call them for something a lot of the time, too.

I think it will always be a part of the equation. When someone who doesn't look like the neighbors is hanging around, someone will call the cops. Could be black, Mexican, etc. Even someone dressed weirdly or acting bizarrely, even if they're actually harmless.

There's a flip side to this, too. In black neighborhoods, no one calls the cops. Not even the victims. Here, 4 people were shot the other night and not one of them would cooperate with the cops. So their attacker(s) is still at loose, destroying the neighborhood, shooting, stabbing, robbing.

Whether to err on the side of safety or give the benefit of the doubt is a tough call for most, I think.
I think the answer is for neighborhoods to be more diverse, or at least schools. We have that here and I would bet you no one would have called the cops on a black surveyor or someone doing yard work. That’s insanity!

I feel that as neighborhoods get more mixed this will stop happening so much. I hope so anyway.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:57 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most of the people who say blacks have the exact same opportunities as whites, and that racial profiling and "white privilege" don't exist....are white.

Last I heard, there were no Affirmative Action programs for white males regardless of socioeconomic standing.

That means the white male child born to a single mother and growing-up in desperate poverty will be sent to the back of the line because far more affluent, truly privileged, blacks and females will be shown preference.

Moreover, this will be done legally and with the government's blessing.

The opinions of whites and blacks don't change the facts of Affirmative Action.

Last edited by momonkey; 07-06-2018 at 09:27 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 09:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Most of the time the police are called for very good reasons. The crime rate (street robberies, B&E, auto theft, assault, etc) over the racial border of my neighborhood is insane compared to what it was before the population changed. That's a fact.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
And it is by that same logic that whites DESERVE the reputation of racist....

You realize you are being a bigot by speaking the way you do, in GROSS generalities...

Old 07-07-2018, 02:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
More fallacies to deflect from a painful truth that racist and or conservatives must keep hidden lest they have to admit that liberals are right and or that racial inherent inferiority is not at the root of racial inequality.
The wonderful hypocrisy in your bigoted post in a thread where the OP falsely plays the race card.

I have an idea, next time we have a discussion about bigotry why don't you trot out the homophobe Joy Reid and the racist Rev Al. Those are the darlings of the left and both are defective human beings. Clean your own house it's filthy.

Quote:
No once claimed that whites in general are the devil or that that all or the majority of whites are racist.
The OP did. You comment is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies