Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The concept that there can be a many-to one cause to effect seems to escape you.
No it doesn't. That is something you made up because you don't have a leg to standon. I mentioned 3 things. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
Do you know how many different reasons there are for headaches? To follow your logic, if I said a group of people who had a history of concussions have a greater occurrence of headaches, you would chime in to discredit the theory based upon the fact that you know people who have headaches and they never had a concussion. Thus you dispute that concussions caused the greater propensity for headaches for the group. True, they may get headaches, sometimes, for the same reason that others sometimes get headaches that is not related to concussions. Ergo, you dispute the role of racial oppression in the exacerbation of the rate of single parent black households because there are single headed white households and whites were not racially oppressed. That, your reasoning, is what some would call conscientious stupidity. tured Servant;52461983]The concept that there can be a many-to one cause to effect seems to escape you.
That is something you made up because you don't have a leg to standon. I mentioned 3 things. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
People like to say that blacks came from Africa and Africa was far behind Europe, where whites came from, in technology and civilization. In other words, blacks were already at the bottom of the racial totem pole before enslavement in the west, meaning that enslavement had nothing to do with blacks’ lower standing. However, birth is a restart. Regardless of how great your homeland is or was in regards to invention, technology, culture, civilization….YOU ARE BORN NOT KNOWING ANY OF IT!!! Whatever Africa was not and whatever Europe was, in regards to achievement, a black child and white child born in America was starting off both as blank slates, ready to learn and emulate what THIS land had to offer. Any achievement gaps created henceforth from the first generation born in America, is the result of unequal treatment and opportunities in America. This is particularly true for black people, who are on average about 8 generation Americans. Any racial gaps in America is the result of AMERICA and not race
No it's not. You keep deflecting from the fact that southern whites are at a disadvantage compared to northern whites. Northern whites are bigoted against them right? Keeping the southern white people down, right? Three reasons not one.

Keep denying the fact that 2 parents can raise children better than one and get off your racist accusation that the white race is loaded with bigots.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,669,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No it doesn't. That is something you made up because you don't have a leg to standon. I mentioned 3 things. Not that you care about the truth.

That is something you made up because you don't have a leg to standon. I mentioned 3 things. Not that you care about the truth.

No it's not. You keep deflecting from the fact that southern whites are at a disadvantage compared to northern whites. Northern whites are bigoted against them right? Keeping the southern white people down, right? Three reasons not one.

Keep denying the fact that 2 parents can raise children better than one and get off your racist accusation that the white race is loaded with bigots.

You have to show me the data on Southern Whites vs Northern whites....otherwise I am just going to have to assume that you are making it up.

My point has NEVER been to dissent against the FACT that having 2 parents in the home, theoretically, is better than one. However, I don't know if having two dysfunctional parents is better than having one dysfunctional parent. Is two economically dysfunctional parents, living together, better than one economically dysfunctional parent. Just because TWO BODIES ARE THERE, in marriage or long term relationship, does not mean anything in and of itself. A gang banging drug dealing father, who does not work, is going to be what kind of a role model as an at home father?

What you are failing to see is that poor dysfunctional individuals.....marry at lower rates that middle and upper class functional adults. The lack of marriage among the poor is a symptom of individual dysfunction, not the cause or perpetuation of it. Dysfunctional individuals getting married are for sure going to raise dysfunctional kids. Its not the lack of marriage creating dysfunction in the kids.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:10 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,094,704 times
Quote:
You have to show me the data on Southern Whites vs Northern whites....otherwise I am just going to have to assume that you are making it up.

My point has NEVER been to dissent against the FACT that having 2 parents in the home, theoretically, is better than one. However, I don't know if having two dysfunctional parents is better than having one dysfunctional parent. Is two economically dysfunctional parents, living together, better than one economically dysfunctional parent. Just because TWO BODIES ARE THERE, in marriage or long term relationship, does not mean anything in and of itself. A gang banging drug dealing father, who does not work, is going to be what kind of a role model as an at home father?

What you are failing to see is that poor dysfunctional individuals.....marry at lower rates that middle and upper class functional adults. The lack of marriage among the poor is a symptom of individual dysfunction, not the cause or perpetuation of it. Dysfunctional individuals getting married are for sure going to raise dysfunctional kids. Its not the lack of marriage creating dysfunction in the kids.
Are you suggesting these dysfunctional people ought not to have children at all?

Old 07-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Are you suggesting these dysfunctional people ought not to have children at all?

No...YOU are suggesting that. That thought never enter my mind. The biological directive of life is to create new life and perpetuate the bloodline. That directive should not be limited the middle and upper class.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM

27,393 posts, read 28,466,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Why do you ignore white violence for 175 years but want me to take specific note to crime in urban areas (none of which I live in) for the past 60?
The crimes that were committed prior to the 1960s, as atrocious as they were, don't have much relevance to modern times. We have lived in a different system beginning in the civil rights era when minorities have been given the same legal rights as whites.

Unfortunately, black men have such a high crime rate that 1 in 3 of them can be expected to spend time in prison at some point in their lives.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The crimes that were committed prior to the 1960s, as atrocious as they were, don't have much relevance to modern times. We have lived in a different system beginning in the civil rights era when minorities have been given the same legal rights as whites.

Unfortunately, black men have such a high crime rate that 1 in 3 of them can be expected to spend time in prison at some point in their lives.

That high rate, relative to others, might mostly be to high police presence and efforts to catch criminals in our community, given that the majority of that time we are doing is for non violent drug offenses. The War on drugs created those huge arrest rates.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 PM

3,693 posts, read 1,346,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It happens more than some people might think. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. It happened to me. It has happened to your husband. It happened to your aunt. Some individuals don't have any empathy. Some people will never understand and will never care, because they don't want to understand or care.
Well this is interesting that we choose to focus on the actions of a tiny minority, but ask yourself, would you rather be called an offensive word.... or be beaten, or robbed, or raped?
The statistics for race on race crime is quite alarming. Blacks prey on whites in cities across America, not just crimes, but violent crimes. You probably arent going to want to pursue this discussion because the numbers are pretty ugly and its kind of silly to demand empathy from people who dont drive around yelling things at you when you dont even realize the violence going on across the country.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:20 PM

3,693 posts, read 1,346,633 times
Quote:
That high rate, relative to others, might mostly be to high police presence and efforts to catch criminals in our community, given that the majority of that time we are doing is for non violent drug offenses. The War on drugs created those huge arrest rates.
Try again.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race..._United_States

Blacks commit murder at 8 times the rate of whites.

Blacks committing robbery against whites occurrs 12 times as often as vice versa.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 PM

72,850 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Well this is interesting that we choose to focus on the actions of a tiny minority, but ask yourself, would you rather be called an offensive word.... or be beaten, or robbed, or raped?
The statistics for race on race crime is quite alarming. Blacks prey on whites in cities across America, not just crimes, but violent crimes. You probably arent going to want to pursue this discussion because the numbers are pretty ugly and its kind of silly to demand empathy from people who dont drive around yelling things at you when you dont even realize the violence going on across the country.
I've been assaulted a few times in my lifetime. When I was in middle school some kids threw rocks at me. Some time later I got jumped in a classroom. Both times it was White kids doing this to me.

And I know about criminality among some Blacks. That is a separate subject altogether. And when you talk about race or race, Black men are the USA's #1 murder victim. And yes, I am aware that it is Black on black murder. I've had the pleasure (sarcasm) of discussing criminality among a segment of the Black population on city-data. What does any of that have to do with things that have happened to me?

And your reply proves my point. Some people do not have any empathy. And something else. I never said we shouldn't have empathy for those who have been crime victims. Not once did I say that.

This is how I see things, being screamed at and harassed is just one small part of issues I have to worry about. But why should I care? It's only small stuff, remember?

Old 07-12-2018, 04:26 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,385,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What is whiter than white? Translucent?
A Black liberal mother-in-law who just saw the ghost of her white conservative ex son-in-law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies