Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 10:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize it happens to anyone who looks "different " as well right? Bikers,Dead Heads,Goth,Emo etc have this happen all the time as well. If one looks or does something different than the place they are at it raises suspicion and has forever.

It's not just a race thing as some would love for people to believe, it's a human nature thing.

Don't burst racist's bubble!

Old 08-19-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most of the people who say blacks have the exact same opportunities as whites, and that racial profiling and "white privilege" don't exist....are white.

Explain how so many may blacks succeed in such a racist America?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Some white people are mistrusting of African Americans because of crime statistics, and crimes they see reported on the news"

And many black people distrust the police became of the outrageous grandstanding by the media when a black person is shot by the police.

Just look at Ferguson and Michel Brown.

Treavon Martin was shot by a WHITE person the media said, then we find out he was Hispanic.

It goes BOTH ways!
So there are no white Hispanics or black Hispanics -- just Hispanics?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:33 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize it happens to anyone who looks "different " as well right? Bikers,Dead Heads,Goth,Emo etc have this happen all the time as well. If one looks or does something different than the place they are at it raises suspicion and has forever.

It's not just a race thing as some would love for people to believe, it's a human nature thing.
Not different looking, suspicious looking. A group of Amish walking down the street isn't going to raise any alarms. Reputations are earned. People are suspicious of those with bad reputations.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most of the people who say blacks have the exact same opportunities as whites, and that racial profiling and "white privilege" don't exist....are white.
Explain how Asian Americans make more household median income than whites?

Probably because they don’t whine and complain, they’re too busy educating themselves and working hard

My black community has a lot to learn, no one is coming to save us. There is no point in America’s history or future where blacks will receive this “raparations package” we keep waiting for.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I’m sure it’s true but

1. Why is it only blacks and not other races as much if it is racism?

2. Black people are racist also against other races and against darker skin blacks.

3. Statistically blacks commit the most crimes and black neighborhoods are the most dangerous, therefore blacks are going To be more likely to have the cops called on them.

"Statistically blacks commit the most crimes and black neighborhoods are the most dangerous, therefore blacks are going To be more likely to have the cops called on them"

DON'T confuse them with the facts. They will be runng to their "safe" places calling their therapists and looking for their crayons!

Old 08-19-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
1. You obviously do not know the long history of race and racism in this nation and how it became essentially a black/white phenomenon. In the hierarchy of racist, blacks are seen as the most inferior race.

2. As a consequence of living for centuries under the doctrine of your races own inferiority, coming from white society, some blacks have internalized the belief that blacks are inferior.

3. statistically and historically, whites have been the most racist and every action has a reaction/consequence and hence elevated levels of poverty and crime might have been fomented by centuries are racial discrimination and abuse.

Few people seem to account for the reaction/effects/consequence, of 300 years of white mistreatment of blacks. People only seem to want look at how society reacts to black crime....in that blacks bring extra scrutiny on their race because of black crime rates are higher. Yet, how often would the people who reason such believe that whites deserve greater scrutiny for their history of racism and mistreatment of blacks? Actions always produce reactions. It seems that racist like to use the negative reactions that manifest with blacks, from racist white actions, to justify more white racism.
"You obviously do not know the long history of race and racism in this nation and how it became essentially a black/white phenomenon"

BLACKS SOLD other blacks into slavery.

MOST blacks came here as indentured servants.

The person who owned the MOST black slaves in the COUNTRY was a BLACK man, a FORMER slave himself.

Slavery in America was abolished back in the middle 1860's

The Civil rights act was passed in the middle 1960's

MOST blacks today are considered "middle class".

Anything else you want to add?

"Those that live in the past will NEVER move on"!

Isn't It time to "move on"?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I think there have been different types of incidents involving whites calling the cops on black people that have made the news recently. The incidents where the cops were called for blacks using a grill, or a girl selling lemonade, or the collge girl who was sleeping in the common area of the dorm are ridiculous, and the people who called the cops seemed pretty unstable.

With people in the neighborhood who neighbors weren’t familiar with, I think it’s a little trickier. You are taught to call the cops if you see something suspicious. Unfortunately, in some neighborhoods when there are lower crime rates, when there is violent crime (specifically “violent crime”) it’s a black person committing it. In my neighborhood in Chicago on the north side, there is very little violent crime, however, the few cases of violent crime that you periodically hear about over the years have almost always been committed by blacks. The only time I’ve ever seen any fights in my neighborhood was outside a neighborhood bar on a Sunday afternoon. There was a drunk black guy who kept trying to attack the guy at the door. He was yelling and making a skeptical, and his girlfriend and others kept trying to hold him back until the police finally came. It was right across a popular brunch place, and crowds were just looking on in shock. I think this can cause people to be suspicious, and is a lot different than calling the police on a black person selling lemonade or grilling.

Now if a white neighbor were to see a black person (or anyone else) who they didn’t recognize in the middle of the day, who is doing something out in the open, it’s highly unlikely that they are up to anything nefarious. A simple ‘hello’ and friendly conversation could probably reveal what the person is doing and would prevent the need to call the cops. Of course if the person is in an alley or in isolated area, maybe calling the cops would be safer.

I guess, bottom line is there are shades of grey to this.
"I think there have been different types of incidents involving whites calling the cops on black people that have made the news recently."

And very LITTLE news about the blacks who shot policeman when stopped for a traffic stop. At least one killed.

Why do you think that is?

Old 08-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So there are no white Hispanics or black Hispanics -- just Hispanics?

Considering Hispanic is NOT a race, yes.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:13 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Not different looking, suspicious looking. A group of Amish walking down the street isn't going to raise any alarms. Reputations are earned. People are suspicious of those with bad reputations.
So what? At the end of the day, I care about what happens to me. What matters to me is making sure I have peace of mind, that I am not treated like some suspicious person or potential threat. If I have not proven myself to anyone to be a threat, I have every reason to get angry when someone treats me like a threat. Yes, I am aware of crimes rates regarding the Black American population. I DO NOT CARE!!! I care about how I'm treated. What more can you ask of me than to make sure I don't commit crimes??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies