Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 04:17 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because there is a decent chance that person is checking out the neighborhood and is up to no good.

Many times? Why are you walking around a neighborhood where you don't live?
I've done alot of cycling in my day (and I will soon be back once I get a better bicycle). I've biked through neighborhoods I didn't live in. Didn't spy on anyone, just minded my business and biked on. In the university I used to attend, there was a neighborhood behind the school. I didn't live there. I would bike through there or walk through there. Now, in that neighborhood, no calls to the police, that I know of anyway. What I'm saying is that simply being somewhere isn't a good enough reason for me to call the police on someone. There are people in the neighborhood I live in that I've never met. I have no idea who doesn't live there just based on looking.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:24 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care what the crime statistics are. If I am not committing crime, then said persons should mind their own business. As it is, Blacks have a history of being unwelcome in certain neighborhoods. This happened regardless of crime rate.

I'm not the one committing the crimes. I have nothing to clean up. It's not my job to clean up the stupid hood rat types. If I'm not committing any crimes, what more can you ask of me?
and i am not the one calling the cops so what more do you want of me.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
and i am not the one calling the cops so what more do you want of me.
I asked the question first. Don't answer a question with a question. Either just answer the question with a response(and not a question) or don't bother. What is so hard about that?

Old 08-23-2018, 04:42 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Yes. The police should ignore all calls from white people.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes. The police should ignore all calls from white people.
I don't think the police should ignore phone calls. I think the police should discern who is an actual threat vs someone who isn't. And it helps when civilians can discern who is an actual threat and who isn't.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:00 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think the police should ignore phone calls. I think the police should discern who is an actual threat vs someone who isn't. And it helps when civilians can discern who is an actual threat and who isn't.
And how exactly are the police supposed to discern?? The one time they ignore something that ends up turning tragic, there would be outrage. The discernment lies directly on civilians. I don't blame civilians in all of these incidents, but some of them are certainly petty.

The cops were just called on a 8 year old white girl for walking her dog alone. Is that racist????????

Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Nail on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi37 View Post
So let’s just pretend the media hasn’t shaped these perceptions. White people are just as violent as blacks but the perception in the media displays two different narratives when it comes to black and white crimes. Whites are looked at as innocent sweet college student and the black person is showed to be this big criminal. Which gives white people justification to feel what they do by calling police for stupid stuff on black folks legitimate. Meanwhile white folks out here shooting up hospitals schools movie theaters concerts etc yet they are still painted as this great guy who was disturbed. We are blaming Muslim yet white men out here committing all types of terrorist attacks. They are the biggest threat to society yet they get no push back. White folks are quiet. Let it be anyone else they screaming from the mountain top.

This narrative has existed for 400 years. White folks haven’t earned there perception it was handed to them with soft love although they have a long history of violence and Terror.
Excellently stated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies