Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 11:33 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
White people have been calling police on black people over nothing for a long time

In the most crime-ridden areas of our big cities, where the vast majority of shootings, assaults etc. occur, most police activity is responding to calls from local residents of those areas. And those residents are nearly always black... calling the police on other blacks.

Most black people are decent, law-abiding citizens, who want the same things most other people do: Good jobs, a safe neighborhood in which to raise their kids, peace and prosperity.

But as Troyfan pointed out, some ethnicities (he used east Asians) have so few lawbreakers (though never zero) among them, that they have earned a reputation as being overall decent and law-abiding. But with most police activity centered around black criminals (after being called by black residents who don't like what the black criminals keep doing), it's inevitable that "blacks will earn a reputation of being criminals, thugs, lawbreakers etc.". It is deserved... despite the fact that most black people never engage in such activities, and protest when others do.

The black people the OP mentioned, did nothing to deserve getting the cops called on them. But some of their fellow blacks did plenty to deserve it... and the reaction of others is inevitable, however mistaken about those particular surveyors, engineers etc.

As long as a minority of blacks keeps committing a disproportionate majority of crimes, an occasional non-black will keep calling the cops when they show up in their neighborhoods. The fact that the non-blacks are mistaken to do so in those particular cases, doesn't change the fact that a minority of blacks (the genuine criminals) are spoiling it for the decent, hardworking, law-abiding blacks.

And it's not white people's fault that an unusually large proportion of genuine criminals among blacks are spoiling it for the rest.

No....but its any white person fault who extrapolates that what .002 percent of the population is a microcosm of the 100%. I don't care if 100% of violent crime is committed by blacks, its mathematically illogical to see blacks in general as a threat for violence if only .002 percent of blacks are committing violent crime. If society is programming people to believe that what .002 percent of blacks warrants seeing the average black as a probably criminal, then that society is RACIST. Society could just as well keep highlighting extraordinarily GOOD things that black people do, that only a small percent do......but society only programs people to believe what they already want to believe.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:38 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
White people have been calling police on black people over nothing for a long time

In the most crime-ridden areas of our big cities, where the vast majority of shootings, assaults etc. occur, most police activity is responding to calls from local residents of those areas. And those residents are nearly always black... calling the police on other blacks.

Most black people are decent, law-abiding citizens, who want the same things most other people do: Good jobs, a safe neighborhood in which to raise their kids, peace and prosperity.

But as Troyfan pointed out, some ethnicities (he used east Asians) have so few lawbreakers (though never zero) among them, that they have earned a reputation as being overall decent and law-abiding. But with most police activity centered around black criminals (after being called by black residents who don't like what the black criminals keep doing), it's inevitable that "blacks will earn a reputation of being criminals, thugs, lawbreakers etc.". It is deserved... despite the fact that most black people never engage in such activities, and protest when others do.

The black people the OP mentioned, did nothing to deserve getting the cops called on them. But some of their fellow blacks did plenty to deserve it... and the reaction of others is inevitable, however mistaken about those particular surveyors, engineers etc.

As long as a minority of blacks keeps committing a disproportionate majority of crimes, an occasional non-black will keep calling the cops when they show up in their neighborhoods. The fact that the non-blacks are mistaken to do so in those particular cases, doesn't change the fact that a minority of blacks (the genuine criminals) are spoiling it for the decent, hardworking, law-abiding blacks.

And it's not white people's fault that an unusually large proportion of genuine criminals among blacks are spoiling it for the rest.
Imagine if the majority protested against the criminals . Problem is there is the mentality of “snitches get stitches “ and not to ever work with the cops too .
Trump has mentioned wanting to help lower violent crime in places like Chicago and the mayor responded by “banning “ Trump from Chicago and declaring it a Trump free zone

Crime used to be an issue Republicans and Dems worked on together but the Dems are now very soft on crime or just ignore that it happens , or have just given up .
Law enforcement is the enemy now not MS-13 or gangbangers .

Old 07-06-2018, 11:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Didn't read all the post but wanted to note I agree with the OP on this being a long standing thing.

I'll note that it is also funny to me that as other posters have mentioned - black people also call police on other black people. However, it is funny because oftentimes when black people call the police - they don't come lol.

I've called police before due to going to a friends house and their housing having been robbed!! Police never came. But I got the police called on me before by a white neighbor because I left a moving truck in front of the house too long (that was after I introduced myself to neighbors on the day we were moving and the truck hadn't even been there overnight lol).

The differences between police being called from a majority black and majority white neighborhood is a huge thing that many of you don't even acknowledge exist.

If I ever have to call the police in an inner city neighborhood, especially when I lived in Atlanta, I'd have to make sure to really exaggerate what was happening to get them to come (like say someone was shooting a gun or being shot or something) and I became afraid to do that so we just handled most things without police if we could.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:06 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
White people just tend to call the police. If you leave a pallet in the yard or you have tall grass they will call the village. They will smile at you and wave right after they did it too.

Blacks tend not to call the police until one of them women in the neighborhood does it secretly when he gets a little too rough, but the brother cannot back down to the pigs.....bang, bang, bang...

Its called culture difference and why it doesn't always work out too well.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 PM

482 posts, read 242,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Table 21A

Total Arrests
Race

Rape
White - 12,571
Black - 5,412

aggravated assault
White - 191,205
Black - 101,432

Violent crime
White - 241,063
Black - 153,341

Fraud
White - 67,860
Black - 30,888

embezzlement
White - 7,732
Black - 4,512

What am I missing here. These numbers are showing whites are arrested more for these crimes.
Blacks make up 12% of the population.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Blacks make up 12% of the population.

What percent of the US poor are black? Maybe the correlation has more to do with poverty than race.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:21 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:

And not only that, but moreso than any other races, you’ll see blacks being loud and acting out in public more than any other race. As mentioned, this is only a small %, but it reinforces negative stereotypes by the speech, dress, and being loud.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:28 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Didn't read all the post but wanted to note I agree with the OP on this being a long standing thing.

I'll note that it is also funny to me that as other posters have mentioned - black people also call police on other black people. However, it is funny because oftentimes when black people call the police - they don't come lol.

I've called police before due to going to a friends house and their housing having been robbed!! Police never came. But I got the police called on me before by a white neighbor because I left a moving truck in front of the house too long (that was after I introduced myself to neighbors on the day we were moving and the truck hadn't even been there overnight lol).

The differences between police being called from a majority black and majority white neighborhood is a huge thing that many of you don't even acknowledge exist.

If I ever have to call the police in an inner city neighborhood, especially when I lived in Atlanta, I'd have to make sure to really exaggerate what was happening to get them to come (like say someone was shooting a gun or being shot or something) and I became afraid to do that so we just handled most things without police if we could.
It exists. What exists even more is black crime victims not cooperating with police. In Albany 4 guys were shot July 4th night. Not one of them told the cops who did it. Even stabbing victims say they don't know who did it.

Then, some pastor organizes "a march against violence." As if this ever prevented 1 crime.

Now, though, NY is going to make it much harder for victims to cooperate. They want to eliminate bail. So a criminal will get arrested and 24 hours later will be back home to do the victim better the 2nd time.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
And not only that, but moreso than any other races, you’ll see blacks being loud and acting out in public more than any other race. As mentioned, this is only a small %, but it reinforces negative stereotypes by the speech, dress, and being loud.

Can you explain to me the evolution of all this? When did black crime rates in the US surpass that of whites and why? Given that most of our history in this nation, as a people, has been as slaves, what created the gap between black and white rates of crime and when did it start to statistically appear?

Everything that currently exists EVOLVED into the condition that it now finds itself. Every action creates a reaction. Actions and reactions create mutations which shape how things evolve. Hence, instead of simply noting that black crime rates are higher and blacks warrant being looked down upon because of it, how did this all come to be.....or do people really not even care to know.....they just like the narrative of blacks being criminal.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-06-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 12:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Can you explain to me the evolution of all this? When did black crime rates in the US surpass that of whites and why? Given that most of our history in this nation, as a people, has been as slaves, what created the gap between black and white rates of crime and when did it start to statistically appear?

Everything that currently exists EVOLVED into the condition that it not find itself. Every action creates a reaction. Actions and reactions create mutations which shape how things evolve. Hence, instead of simply noting that black crime rates are higher and blacks warrant being looked down upon because of it, how did this all come to be.....or do people really not even care to know.....they just like the narrative of blacks being criminal.
In terms of “rate” (crime in proportion to population; percentage) it is higher. Blacks are only about 12-15% of the population, so have a higher “rate” in terms of violent crime. I don’t know when this happened. As you’ve kept mentioning though throughout this thread, it’s not the majority.

My comment wasn’t related to crime rate though. I was saying how moreso than other races, you’ll see more blacks acting out in public in terms of speech, dress, using the N word, being loud, etc. It’s only a small %, but it does reinforce negative stereotypes that can lead to some people being more suspicious around blacks. Not saying that is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies