Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 03:36 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe time to let the people of England handle their own business and ignore them.

If this is how they treat a good President and think about the voters of America who voted President Trump in, then let the Brits sink with the ship as illegal aliens and immigrants have turned England in a down spiral.

The Brits can’t even agree about Brexit and many government officials have resigned in the last month.

Americans are not even safe in England so think twice and Croatia and other former Eastern Block countries like Hungary are way nicer to visit and more safe!

Let the Brits admire dictators and see how long they will love their hate for a good person. I feel very offended by the actions of the mayor of London and will not travel there until he is gone!
Im a Brit, most of us are not the neo marxists protesting Trump, he is popular in the working class cities outside London.
Nigel farage is well liked by Trump, he was fighting the EU leftists for Brexit decades before Trump , with the new US president he now has a strong ally.
Nigel farage is england.
https://youtu.be/SJzRa7HWVqs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 03:40 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The 20 foot balloon was launched a few hours ago with the blessing of the London mayor, Sadiq Khan. It floats about 32 feet off the ground, and was launched in conjunction with the protests of thousands of British citizens, angry about the way Trump treats the British government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K30Z3
Well, if the balloon fits...

Old 07-14-2018, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Those limey butthurt Snowflakes are just like ours...losers and cry babies throwing a hissy tantrum for attention which ends up having no effect except strengthening Trump and America in our resolve to continue MAGA.
OH, sure.....

Old 07-14-2018, 03:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 17 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The 20 foot balloon was launched a few hours ago with the blessing of the London mayor, Sadiq Khan. It floats about 32 feet off the ground, and was launched in conjunction with the protests of thousands of British citizens, angry about the way Trump treats the British government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K30Z3
They only had permission to fly the balloon for two hours from 9.30am to 11.30am in Parliament Square.

It was just some daft stunt, and has received far too much attention, as have the protests, as protestors are often students and left wing or feminist groups who often have their own agenda.

Trump has managed to stir up the mood due to his constant tweets regarding the UK and indeed London, and he has brought some of this on himself, whilst pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement was very unpopular on the global stage, and indeed with protestors,

Old 07-14-2018, 04:00 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re the bolded:

Trump won the people making over $250K USD per year vote 48% to 46% over Hillary

Trump won the people making over $100k USD per year vote (and $250k + voters are obviously a subset of that) 48% to 47% over Hillary.

Hillary won the people making under $50K USD per year vote 52% to 41%

https://medium.com/@jtbetz/trumps-su...h-fb876721391a

(I did not vote for Trump, and I also did not vote for Hillary)
LOL....these fools believe the lying narrative that their lying media perpetuated that Trump voters were poor and the opposite is the reality, Hilary won the votes of the poor disenfranchised.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I'll give you credit for putting a brave face on the situation, but seriously, you think DJT would like a different reception from the British, one which was given his predecessors?
Not sure how Trump looks at it but I would venture to say he would prefer this kind of a reception to not generating any interest based on how he acts.

I for one don't give a crap about the establishment class of the UK or what they think.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:09 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 17 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
That was so funny when Donald reviewed the troops. I glanced away from the telly for a second, and when I looked back, the Queen was gone! All of a sudden, her little figure came from behind him........ She is just great....... never lost a beat, and carried on.

I went right off the Royal Family during the Diana era. But that old girl has grown on me this last 20 years. She gamely puts up with people like Trump, and carries on smiling. Her elderly husband has called it a day, and she has to carry on alone. I am surprised Prince Charles wasn't at her side yesterday to give support.

She is very old, and I don't know how much longer she can carry on at this Queen game. I can imagine her waking up yesterday morning, and thinking, "gawd....... I've got to get up, shower, get my hair done, climb into my outfit and hat, then stand next to an idiot all afternoon......." How many massively rich women in the world have to do the things she does? Always off somewhere unveiling a statue, or opening a hospital. Smiling, and waving to the crowds, when she'd probably be happier sat out back of Windsor Castle enjoying the sunshine, with a flunky bringing her a refreshing drink...... She has grown in the affection of her people as she has aged. We recognise just how much effort it is to carry on doing her duty to her country.
Trump boasted about being able to nail the deceased Princess Diana on the Howard Stern Radio Shw shortly after her death. He also joked with Stern how she would need an HIV Test from a Doctor first according to media reports. I don't think Charles and his sons were overly impressed.

In newly surfaced Howard Stern interview, Trump joked about giving Princess Di an HIV test - The Washington Post

You also have this -

Trump Twitter rant on topless Duchess of Cambridge photos surface before he neets Queen - Daily Express

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-14-2018 at 04:24 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Okay, they obviously don't have a clue why they're protesting but their minders told them that they should hate Trump and come to a party of other's that have been programmed to hate Trump....more publicity for DJT.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Imagine the outrage if we had done that to some foreign leader visiting the US.
Well, that wouldn't happen, but no other president has caused this sort of displeasure elsewhere before. The point should be gotten that he is not acceptable anywhere.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:29 AM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There have alwas been massive demonstrations in London, the last big one on tis scale was in relation to George W.Bush and the invasion of Iraq.
But right now, there are no American invasions and the economy is doing better than it has in decades.

And yet there are protests anyway. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies