Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
He appears to think that Ireland is part of the UK. That's pretty bad.
About as bad as how Obama described real Americans.
How Kerry thought hunters talk
About as bad as anything Waters says
But not as bad as the average statement by Sheila Jackson Lee.
I do agree though as President he should take 5 minutes and actually learn a little about the countries he intends to discuss.
Trump is an idiot, but please don't pretend he is the only idiot to hold that office. Obama's obvious disdain for real Americans was obvious, as was Hillary's and Kerrys.

Bill Clinton was the last President that was actually semi fair and balanced in his beliefs. Well except for how he viewed women of course.

I would be willing to bet that at least 70% of the country is confused on Ireland's status. I mean you have college Graduates who don't know how many stars are on our flag, how many states we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 07:45 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,860,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You know this "second grader" stuff is really worn out. You wanna try something else because this is obviously not working.
Did you watch the clip? Or are you just in denial?

My 4 year old could string together a more concise, focused story.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:45 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times
Quote:
You know this "second grader" stuff is really worn out. You wanna try something else because this is obviously not working.
Sorry - I meant 3rd grader.

Didn't mean to reuse an old tired term, but what else can you honestly say about this response?

Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Trump is being protested because he is so ignorant that he trashes entire nations and then acts like it will be all forgiven. The right cried that Obama used a teleprompter. The right should be begging Trump to do the same, because his spouting off really makes him look even worse.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 07-14-2018 at 08:10 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 07:48 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Please. What do you expect him to say? The man is not a politician so don't get unhinged when he doesn't act like one. Politicians got us into the mess we are in now - he's trying to get us out. Britain has it's own mess.

In the same interview he says "I think you have Brexit in the first place because of immigration". Millions of UK voters agree with that.
He's the president of the US...

He's a politician now...

Stop with the excuses.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:48 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
He doesn't know squat about Brexit... there's the proof.
The horror of it. He doesn't know his Brexit from "Hard" Brexit. Gimme a break! You and your pointy headed friends. He knew enough about Brexit to predict which way the votes would go when all your talking head buddies on TV were saying otherwise. I watched the whole thing and saw nothing wrong with it. He is speaking as plain spoken man and you guys STILL haven't gotten over it

Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Sorry - I meant 3rd grader.

Didn't mean to reuse an old tired term, but what else can you honestly say about this response?
There was nothing wrong with what he said. You're used to politicians who have to look down at their index cards to say good morning. He knew enough to foretell the Brexit vote when nobody else did. The third graders turned out to be those on CNN panels.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
About as bad as how Obama described real Americans.
How Kerry thought hunters talk
About as bad as anything Waters says
But not as bad as the average statement by Sheila Jackson Lee.
I do agree though as President he should take 5 minutes and actually learn a little about the countries he intends to discuss.
Trump is an idiot, but please don't pretend he is the only idiot to hold that office. Obama's obvious disdain for real Americans was obvious, as was Hillary's and Kerrys.

Bill Clinton was the last President that was actually semi fair and balanced in his beliefs. Well except for how he viewed women of course.

I would be willing to bet that at least 70% of the country is confused on Ireland's status. I mean you have college Graduates who don't know how many stars are on our flag, how many states we have.
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Yes, previous Presidents and other elected officials have made huge gaffs over the years- they've either misspoken or shown their lack of knowledge or compassion on topics.

But they are not the topic. Donald Trump is the current President.

Should we ignore every embarrassing announcement or interview President Trump does, just because prior Presidents made the occasional error in judgment or had a slip of the tongue?

No.

They are our elected officials and we should hold them to a high standard.

I would expect there to be criticism of any elected official who was making the kinds of statements made by Trump- both now and in the future.

When the next Democrat holds the Presidency, every time he/she makes an error and you are critical about it, would you like me to deflect, deflect, deflect and whine about Trump instead?

Old 07-14-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
The horror of it. He doesn't know his Brexit from "Hard" Brexit. Gimme a break! You and your pointy headed friends. He knew enough about Brexit to predict which way the votes would go when all your talking head buddies on TV were saying otherwise. I watched the whole thing and saw nothing wrong with it. He is speaking as plain spoken man and you guys STILL haven't gotten over it
If you saw nothing wrong with it... it says a lot about your level of knowledge.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Would you rather have a nuclear war? That was the objective of NOKO. They did fly missiles over Japan more than once. Trump is working on stopping the missile launches. Trump is successful. Wonderful negotiator.
Horse pucky! Kim had already had a major cataclysmic destructive accident at his test facility already rendering it unusable.

https://gizmodo.com/north-korea-s-nu...ist-1825576845

Kim needed to buy time to get up and running again. What better way than to make Trump a sock-puppet and lure him into a lull period of relative calm while setting up the phony summit? China mastered this plan and shaped it to their agenda. Kim is nothing but a foil for China and keeping you busy while they continue advancing.

You people are a laughingstock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies