Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 01:21 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

It's like some people set out to conform every prejudice about HOA board members. She presented a pool pass and Mr. Busybody thought he'd crack open the case by asking for ID? I'm sure his officious ass won't be missed on the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 01:22 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Weep not for this guy. I'm sure there are plenty of racist businesses in Winston-Salem that will welcome him him open arms. Heck, there's probably a gig waiting for him in the White House.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
the author sounds like a semi-sentient charcoal briquette.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:32 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
He was the idiot that called the cops. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:35 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Weep not for this guy. I'm sure there are plenty of racist businesses in Winston-Salem that will welcome him him open arms. Heck, there's probably a gig waiting for him in the White House.
Guess again. He is ruined for life unless he has a business of his own or his wife makes bank. He better get cracking at it.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:41 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Of course, he had to get his family out of their home as they are already receiving death threats.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:53 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
If Bloom knew who the other people at the pool were, no need to ask for ID. Perhaps he had asked them in the past and remembered. I don't know how long she has lived there but, if she was relatively new to the neighborhood I'd say chances are he just wanted to make sure she was supposed to be there.

Pools are a tremendous source of liability and an accident can wind up costing loads of money or for the neighborhood to have to close the pool permanently. I'm a member of a club with a pool and I've gone and asked who people were and if they were a guest, and who they were a guest of. I've questioned members before and have caught an earful for it. But at the end of most encounters, everyone was glad I was checking.

In this case, the rules state that the pool is for residents and guests but the guests must be with the resident. Simply having a keycard does not establish residency. This is much ado about nothing and could have been avoided with a little more tact from Bloom and a bit more of a level head from the woman. If she just showed an ID that would have likely been the end of it.

Someone else pulled GIS records and saw that she was not an owner there. If she was actually a renter, this could have been the first time Bloom saw her at the pool and he didn't recognize her. He was doing his job trying to make sure that the pool wasn't being used by trespassers.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:58 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If Bloom knew who the other people at the pool were, no need to ask for ID. Perhaps he had asked them in the past and remembered. I don't know how long she has lived there but, if she was relatively new to the neighborhood I'd say chances are he just wanted to make sure she was supposed to be there.

Pools are a tremendous source of liability and an accident can wind up costing loads of money or for the neighborhood to have to close the pool permanently. I'm a member of a club with a pool and I've gone and asked who people were and if they were a guest, and who they were a guest of. I've questioned members before and have caught an earful for it. But at the end of most encounters, everyone was glad I was checking.

In this case, the rules state that the pool is for residents and guests but the guests must be with the resident. Simply having a keycard does not establish residency. This is much ado about nothing and could have been avoided with a little more tact from Bloom and a bit more of a level head from the woman. If she just showed an ID that would have likely been the end of it.

Someone else pulled GIS records and saw that she was not an owner there. If she was actually a renter, this could have been the first time Bloom saw her at the pool and he didn't recognize her. He was doing his job trying to make sure that the pool wasn't being used by trespassers.

If I have someone staying at my house and I give them my pool pass I hope a racist hall monitor doesn't harass them. Just like when cops shoot unarmed black men closet racists will go out of their way to make excuses for their inexcusable behavior. Same thing is happening here.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:06 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
HOAs..

Old 07-06-2018, 02:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Eventually this could impact the UE rate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wra...%3fversion=amp
Now if only the head racist currently sitting in the White House could lose his job...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies