Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 12:21 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Because, you said it was untrue they were separating all the families here...
So now you know where I came up with the bs as you called it. Any more bs questions? Oh, yes, you had one.
Interested look it up and stop the trolling.
All families that cross illegally, as they should when they are arrested for breaking the law. Not all families that cross the border.

Be specific.

As the same BS about immigrants contribute to our society. Of course they do and it's not the topic of discussion.

Like the BS about illegals coming by plane. They aren't illegal when they board a plane and arrive in the US. You wouldn't get very far in the airport if you were Illegal as you are forced to go through immigration and customs.

With so much BS being thrown around someone will miss something right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 05:38 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Do you look in the mirror and flat out lying to yourself? Illegals, don't arrive by airplane. Not sure how anyone can manage to get to a airport waiting area without having documents. They aren't sitting in an airplane as an illegal. And then claim to be the purveyor of truth. Lol. Why be so dense and pedantic?
How are people who came into the USA with a Visa, and never left classified?

If the Visa said 6 months and they stayed over 6 years, what is their status?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How are people who came into the USA with a Visa, and never left classified?

If the Visa said 6 months and they stayed over 6 years, what is their status?
Someone else said illegals arrive by airplane, explain it to them, I know the difference. But why keep churning this point?

Border patrol patrols the physical border, they aren't at airport. ICE is not patrolling the border. ICE is enforcing immigration and customs not at the border. We all agree BP should arresting and deporting illegals at the border. We all agree ICE should ramp up searching and deporting visa over stays. Illegal immigration is not a one dimensional problem. Arguing semantics gets old quick.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:41 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes, whoever is in charge essentially just says “not it” and blames the other for being obstructionist. But in the House the Republicans couldn’t even agree on E-verify among themselves, no Democrat obstructionism necessary.

CBO puts it pretty plainly. And the real reason why neither party wants to try to fix it and cause a huge unintended ripple through the economy.

“in aggregate and over the long term, tax revenues of all types generated by immigrants—both legal and unauthorized—exceed the cost of the services they use."
https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...mmigration.pdf

Legal immigrants may generate more taxes than they consume but illegal aliens do not.

https://www.fairus.org/press-release...n-us-taxpayers

As for e-verify, yes there are members of both parties that object to it. I provided a link where it was mostly the Democrats that opposed it in the past. I'm sure things haven't changed.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:32 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Even Cato says e verify does not always work.. The piece I read a few years back said 54% of illegals run through E Verify were cleared to work. Do the Kochs still own Cato?

Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Legal immigrants may generate more taxes than they consume but illegal aliens do not.

https://www.fairus.org/press-release...n-us-taxpayers

As for e-verify, yes there are members of both parties that object to it. I provided a link where it was mostly the Democrats that opposed it in the past. I'm sure things haven't changed.
Humanity really does just boils down to money doesn't it. So we are going to do the mine's bigger than yours game. Your linked report is dated 2010.

April 2018

Yes, All Immigrants – Even Undocumented – Pay Billions in Taxes Each Year
Quote:
Undocumented immigrants also contributed more than their fair share of taxes. In 2014, they paid an estimated $11.7 billion in combined state and local taxes. Notably, that contribution would rise to an estimated $13.9 billion if they could receive legal status. Despite not being eligible, undocumented workers pay tax money to benefits programs Americans utilize every day, like Social Security and Medicare.
Here is another tid bit I found interesting ... (e-verify?)
Undocumented Immigrants to be Allowed to Serve in the Military
Quote:
Some undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are likely to get an opportunity to join the U.S. military. U.S. Department of Defense is expanding the existing Military Accessions in the National Interest (MAVNI) program to allow immigrants who are out of status to join the U.S. military. Under the new policy, recruiters will be allowed to target immigrants who are specialized in health care and who possess language skills.
A Change

Deadline Puts Pressure on 'Dreamers' Who Seek to Serve in US Military
Quote:
DACA recruits waiting for their background checks worry they are in jeopardy of losing their "deferred" status and being subject to deportation. If Trump has his way, DACA would end today.

Why any one would want to come to this country is beyond me. I guess the grass does look greener from the other side. The u.s. doesn't treat their own with any kind of dignity, how can we expect it to be any different with any one else? All I see is P & V hearts every where I look.
PS: It is definitely not the America I grew up, believing in, that's for sure. Miss Lady Liberty and her lighted torch ... means nothing by today's standards.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-10-2018 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 07-10-2018, 09:56 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Even Cato says e verify does not always work.. The piece I read a few years back said 54% of illegals run through E Verify were cleared to work. Do the Kochs still own Cato?
Why would everify need to have a 100% effectiveness rate in order to be worth implementing?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Humanity really does just boils down to money doesn't it. So we are going to do the mine's bigger than yours game. Your linked report is dated 2010.

April 2018

Yes, All Immigrants – Even Undocumented – Pay Billions in Taxes Each Year
Here is another tid bit I found interesting ... (e-verify?)
Undocumented Immigrants to be Allowed to Serve in the Military
A Change

Deadline Puts Pressure on 'Dreamers' Who Seek to Serve in US Military

Why any one would want to come to this country is beyond me. I guess the grass does look greener from the other side. The u.s. doesn't treat their own with any kind of dignity, how can we expect it to be any different with any one else? All I see is P & V hearts every where I look.
PS: It is definitely not the America I grew up, believing in, that's for sure. Miss Lady Liberty and her lighted torch ... means nothing by today's standards.
What is the net financial burden on US citizens from illegals? Be sure to include all the government services available to them (school, college, drivers licenses), identity theft and fraud, health services, auto insurance claims, environmental impacts, wear and tear on roads and infrastructure, etc.

"We hate your racist, oppressive country, but we demand you let us in" as they wave another countries flag. Lol.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:25 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

No, it doesn't always work but it is 98% accurate and effective not the 54% that Cato is claiming.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
NO ONE wants open borders.
It is the most ridiculous and preposterous comment Lyin donny ever made.
Of course they don't. But straw man arguments that a child can see through actually work to keep the cult in lockstep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies