Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
they are offended because hillary lost, not because of anything that trump has done, it just plain hateages
Wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So Obama held rallies every few weeks and stood up before his adoring masses and screamed about Fake News, nasty Republicans, lock her up, etc.? I must have missed that.
Of course, not. Obummer didn't have time. Between the excessive golf junkets and multi week luxury taxpayer funded vacations all over the world. Obarfos adoring masses had to kiss his ass from afar..

Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Is there anything that Trump can do or say that wouldn't offend leftists?

He could resign.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really can't think of anything. He can't even eat ice cream without triggering the liberals. No matter what he says, it's proof of collusion with Russia. Even if he doesn't say anything at all, it's proof that he has dementia. Maybe the dems can help us identify something that actually doesn't offend them.

Yes! "I resign."

Old 07-10-2018, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Of course, not. Obummer didn't have time. Between the excessive golf junkets and multi week luxury taxpayer funded vacations all over the world. Obarfos adoring masses had to kiss his ass from afar..
Wrong.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
If he left office, it wouldn't offend me (and I'm not a "leftist").
I'm not a "leftist" either. I would like him to leave office and let someone (I don't actually care from which party, because I'm not a member of any) who understands the job take over.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
they are offended because hillary lost, not because of anything that trump has done, it just plain hateages
Nope. It is true that I have never liked Trump (he's a loathsome individual), I really don't care that Clinton didn't win.

Granted, I am not a "leftist" or a "lefty," but I am fairly liberal.

I don't think too many people (except Clinton's biggest fans, maybe) care about who didn't win. Just who did and how unfit he is for office.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Yes! "I resign."
I bet they would still be outraged. They would scream about Trump abandoning America, and he needs to finish what he started. Then they would make up a bunch of anonymous sources claiming he resigned because he knew he was about to be impeached or indicted, and how we need to start a criminal investigation into Trump and everyone he's ever met.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I realize that you need to believe this in order to justify your choices. But Hillary does not have a cult of personality and she was something of a compromise, a centrist.

Her heart was in the right place, she does care about people but she is so much like a liberal Republican from the 60's and 70's that she failed to generate a high level of enthusiasm among the ordinary people in her party.

It appears that some Trump supporters have a hard time understanding that, because I have seen this claim before. Politics is not a team sport, but you people seem to be confused about that.

I have been voting since the early 70's, and I very often backed candidates which lost, but we always were able to get behind the new president. That is what the 'pivot' is all about. A president realizes he represents the needs and aspirations of all Americans and tries to be fair and accommodating and engages in consensus building. This is why in normal presidencies the approval rating swings quite a bit over time, we expect that.

This president is incapable of doing any of that, he sees a country of winners and losers and the losers can just suck it up. Beyond that he is corrupt and morally deficient, at some level everyone is aware of that. He is 'in the pocket' of some one, or a cabal of interests, and he is selling out our great country.

We see that a man who barely squeaked by and captured the white house with the support of many working class Americans is engaging in economic policies which hurts them deeply, yet they refuse to acknowledge it. I think it is mis-placed pride.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I bet they would still be outraged. They would scream about Trump abandoning America ...
Hardly. Pence would follow the same policies.

I think there would be a lot of celebrating.

You get high marks for imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies