Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 04:56 PM

830 posts, read 486,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I see him alienating us, causing a trade war which is gonna come back and bite us.
I don't think he's alienating many. American is divided and that is becoming more apparent. I think the alienation process began on the left several election cycles ago with their embrace of identity politics.

Sure, the trade war, or more accurately, protectionist policies are probably not great economics - but when is the last time we had a commander in chief who took economics into account?

Quote:
Seperating families(who should not be here but still should not have had that done to them) then blaming the dems like he's not the one that initiated that fiasco.
Minor fiasco, embarrassingly reported by the MSM - who are growing increasingly embarrassing. The main issues are with illegal immigration, and immigration in general; both areas in which Trump's opinions are not nearly as controversial as CNN may lead us to believe.

Quote:
Then his whole muslim ban.
There was no muslim ban.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We got through 8 years of Obama and kept the Clintons in politics for nearly 3 decades. Trump's foibles are minor compared to them.
Could you please explain your thinking, especially as relates to Obama, since that's more recent?

I'm trying to imagine what you consider to be Trump's minor "foibles." He's had three marriages, fathering children in each, while being known as a mostly uninterested father. He has bragged about his adultery. He describes his own daughter in distastefully sexual terms. He has been involved in multiple bankruptcies. He has stiffed people, refusing to pay them. He has gotten in trouble with the government for his racist business policies. He is alienating our traditional democratic allies and cozying up to authoritarian dictators. He lies incessantly, about everything, even about the height of his buildings. He insults people right and left. He makes statements that are totally wrong, such as the idiocy about the Wisconsin elections, but then refuses to retract or apologize, and in fact sometimes keeps right on repeating them. He has advocated violence toward people who don't agree with him. He is flounderingly inarticulate, but tends to be grandiose and inflammatory. He is using the office of the presidency to enrich himself on an unthinkable scale of conflict of interest.

And I'm not even going into his specific dim-witted political ideas or policies, such as his off-handedly threatening nuclear war.

Most normal people would not consider these "foibles."

What exactly do you find worse about Obama, in comparison?

By the way, nice try, Chicano, but you don't seem to be getting many real answers.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:07 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,370,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Could you please explain your thinking, especially as relates to Obama, since that's more recent?

I'm trying to imagine what you consider to be Trump's minor "foibles." He's had three marriages, fathering children in each, while being known as a mostly uninterested father. He has bragged about his adultery. He describes his own daughter in distastefully sexual terms. He has been involved in multiple bankruptcies. He has stiffed people, refusing to pay them. He has gotten in trouble with the government for his racist business policies. He is alienating our traditional democratic allies and cozying up to authoritarian dictators. He lies incessantly, about everything, even about the height of his buildings. He insults people right and left. He makes statements that are totally wrong, such as the idiocy about the Wisconsin elections, but then refuses to retract or apologize, and in fact sometimes keeps right on repeating them. He has advocated violence toward people who don't agree with him. He is flounderingly inarticulate, but tends to be grandiose and inflammatory. He is using the office of the presidency to enrich himself on an unthinkable scale of conflict of interest.

And I'm not even going into his specific dim-witted political ideas or policies, such as his off-handedly threatening nuclear war.

By the way, nice try, Chicano, but you don't seem to be getting many real answers.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Clarallel again."

Old 07-07-2018, 05:11 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,118,722 times
Quote:
Lies on what? He IS pushing away our allies, and for many things he says, all you gotta do is look to the horse's mouth.
What allies?

Old 07-07-2018, 05:14 PM

23,491 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Those who haven't yet come to that realization likely won't ever. They have too much invested. They are in for the long haul regardless of what he says or does.
If you're talking about obama, hillary, many of those on the left and the lamestream then you're right. Perhaps over the next couple of years some of the left will finally begin to wake up.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:16 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,746 times
Quote:

This post was extremely well written and thought-out. I can't rep you again. You will never see a post like this written by a Trump supporter. The logic exhibited by you is beyond most of them.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Quote:

^^^This.

And you didn't even mention Russia and all that goes along with it.

I'd rep you if I could...

Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 PM

29,820 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:

Obama bowed for America. Trump stands up for America. Nuff said.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If you're talking about obama, hillary, many of those on the left and the lamestream then you're right. Perhaps over the next couple of years some of the left will finally begin to wake up.
Don't you mean "if we're lucky enough to still wake up, in a couple of years"?

Old 07-07-2018, 05:21 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Seems like he can do no wrong.
What's your limit for this guy? To those that are Trump fans.
So far, most of the things Trump is doing in terms of policy are great. So, I don’t have any major issues with it.

I am not sure about this tariff business. But I consider it to be more of an experiment and will see how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies