Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:35 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ah, the whole "I got mine, you get the heck out!!!"

Got it.

We have to draw the line somewhere. America will be reduced to a third world country before we put so much as a dent in problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:50 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Great start. Now we need to drive the number down to zero.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:27 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
We have to draw the line somewhere. America will be reduced to a third world country before we put so much as a dent in problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
Roy Beck gum ball video viewing needs to be required before anybody can comment on immigration.

Plus name 5 employers of illegals

Old 07-08-2018, 02:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
MightleaveNYC: where did your parents immigrate from?

i dont know about him, but my parents were born here in the US, as were my grandparents, with the exception of one grandmother who was born in canada, newfoundland to be precise.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:46 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Speaking of American Indians, how did their open-border policy work out for them?
Seriously? Like they had a choice. SMDH.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:53 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Personally I don't care a whole lot what Jesus had to day on this or any topic. But some folks claim that they care, so I think Jesus's opinions on the matter are relevant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.â€

Old 07-08-2018, 03:31 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
The OP says "Refugees", it does not state "illegal".

Except that many of those coming hear wanting asylum have crossed our border illegally first. That's not how it is done. IMO, they should go to the embassies in their own countries first and apply to come here as refugees. At the very least they are supposed to present themselves at a legal port of entry and ask for asylum not cross our border illegally first and then ask for it. Far too many are bogus claims in the first place. These Central Americans are crossing through Mexico to get here why not ask for asylum there?

Old 07-08-2018, 04:10 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except that many of those coming hear wanting asylum have crossed our border illegally first. That's not how it is done. IMO, they should go to the embassies in their own countries first and apply to come here as refugees. At the very least they are supposed to present themselves at a legal port of entry and ask for asylum not cross our border illegally first and then ask for it. Far too many are bogus claims in the first place. These Central Americans are crossing through Mexico to get here why not ask for asylum there?

But the OP does not differentiate those who come legally or illegally, just "refugee".
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2018, 04:20 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
No comment from all the jesus-lovers?

Old 07-08-2018, 04:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Our ancestors all came here from other countries, and many as refugees. I mean, unless the OP is American Indian....
Different times, different rules. It's interesting to see Democrats all of a sudden turn Originalist and respect the country's heritage. Just in time for SC nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies