Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:07 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Link?

He said it, but do you have any proof that he got a lot of votes directly attributable to that promise ?
I don't need a link. Like I said in an earlier post I personally know quite a few people who voted for him because of that. And that's just in my little area of the country. Taking into account that my area doesn't exist in a vacuum you only have to do simple math to see the numbers. It's called "averaging".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 05:08 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes. If I liquidated everything I own, including my PA-31t I could put together $8m. If more than that, screw it let me die.
if you had $8mil.

We're all millionaires on C-D, dontcha know?

Read some of the postings on the Personal Finance forum, enough to gag a maggot.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean the act passed by Democrats without a single Republican vote? Wonder how they will try to blame it's utter failure on Republicans this time.
Easy, they are the ones who have been actively sabotaging it from day one. Had it been allowed to work as intended we wouldn't have the problems that we have today.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:14 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times
Trump is a pig.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Trump campaigned on the promise to “replace Obamacare with something wonderful that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it”.

Many voted for Trump because of this promise.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Singles can be on SO's coverage, or maintain COBRA coverage from when they were employed. Almost no one starts self-employed. Running a sole proprietor business necessitates funding its inception.

Even besides that, no one needs to just go die, as hospitals still must treat those at risk of death-w/o regard to ability to pay.

Reagan, the staunch Conservative, made that the law, in 1986.

That has not changed.
The hospital ER does not treat patients. You are not going to get Cancer Treatment or a by-pass in the ER.

They have responsibility of stabilizing a patient. Huge diff between stabilizing and treating.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump was very clear he wanted to do away with Obamacare while running for election. Obviously enough people were hurt by Obamacare that they voted for him. All liberals want to do is to whine about what he is doing instead of acknowledging that obviously there was a huge problem and it wasn't working.

He repeatedly promised to “ replace Obamacare with something wonderful that would take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it”.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Who are these "others" and what solutions did they suggest that you think we should have worked with? The only thing I recall Republicans offering was selling insurance across state lines, as if that would have any meaningful effect on the problem.
No Federal law prevents insurance e from being sold across state lines.

Some states allow it. Insurers did not bite.

State licensing/ regulations aside, it comes down to networks. If an insurer does not have in state networks, they reimburse at out of network rates and the consumer pays the rest out of pocket.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Since Trump took office and started chipping away at ACA, our insurance from my husband's work has gotten worse and cost more after they had us switch insurance companies. We both have pre-existing conditions now, so I worry about the future. Sigh.
My former employer switched insurers/ networks each and every year. That was before 2003 when I retired.

MDs/ medical practices opt in/ out of networks all the time.

There never was any certainty one could keep their doctor unless one were willing to pay more for out of network services.

The ongoing uncertainty of the ACA and unknowns have and will continue to impact premiums.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The hospital ER does not treat patients. You are not going to get Cancer Treatment or a by-pass in the ER.

They have responsibility of stabilizing a patient. Huge diff between stabilizing and treating.
It amazes me that they can't seem to understand this simple concept. Every time one of them brings this up in a discussion on healthcare I get a mental picture of some little kid with his hands over his ears yelling " la la la la la la...I can't hear youuuu...."

It amounts to the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies