Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 07:05 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I expect every ancap to hit this thread with condemnation for dear leaders theft of private property! Right?
I did!

I told people back in 2015 that Trump *hearts* stealing people's property, using the government to do it for him. It's the #1 reason I never understood how ANY so-called “conservative” could vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 07:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
2.) Eminent domain is evil and a blatant violation of liberty.

Eminent domain is necessary evil for large public projects; gas lines, electric lines, highways, infrastructure or a wall along the border. There is no other way around it amd those types of projects would be impossible to complete without it.

Abuses where private property is being taken for non essential projects is where the line needs to be drawn. There is some cases cited in this article about Seattle doing it which by pure coincidence is where Seacove lives.

https://www.watchdog.org/news/land-g...ad76e49e3.html

Old 07-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Eminent domain is necessary evil for large public projects; gas lines, electric lines, highways, infrastructure or a wall along the border. There is no other way around it amd those types of projects would be impossible to complete without it.

Abuses where private property is being taken for non essential projects is where the line needs to be drawn. There is some cases cited in this article about Seattle doing it which by pure coincidence is where Seacove lives.

The only line that needs to be drawn is consent of the property owner. Everything else is theft.

Eminent domain is an UNnecessary evil, as there should be no “public” projects to begin with. All infrastructure can and should be handled by the private sector.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:49 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't care if they do it. Texas is a red state, they voted for Trump and if Trump rips them off, they voted for that.
#.8 million people voted for Hillary in Texas.

At that, you again show your "tolerance", lol. Which is opposite of me, I care regardless of who anyone votes for. What is right is right, what is wrong is wrong. Though I disagree with voting for Trump, it is their right to do so and I respect their right and will continue to support them and anyone when the time comes.

You on the other hand, have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with you, and all in all, you probably rather live in a dictatorship as so long as it suits your needs and follows your beliefs, other people be damned.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:58 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
I did!

I told people back in 2015 that Trump *hearts* stealing people's property, using the government to do it for him. It's the #1 reason I never understood how ANY so-called “conservative” could vote for him.
They voted for him cuz statists gonna State.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I expect every ancap to hit this thread with condemnation for dear leaders theft of private property! Right?
He's a lying, stealing, killing machine.

Just like the other 43. Not sure why you would doubt our condemnation...of course it's wrong.

I'm glad you found a true infringement of liberty by this homicidal psychopath. Ain't this a much better topic than rubbers and Stormy? Keep the real issues coming and I'll respond.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
1.) Since when do liberals/leftists, etc. give a flying frick about property rights?

2.) Eminent domain is evil and a blatant violation of liberty.
I'm for using eminent domain when it's in the national interests. It's selfish not to care about that more than a piece of dirt you own, IMO.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

That's mostly about Spokane, don't live there. Since Texas is all about Trump, I'm sure they won't mind selling their land at rock bottom prices to support his ugly wall. Being two hours from Canada, it's not a concern here.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:27 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't care if they do it. Texas is a red state, they voted for Trump and if Trump rips them off, they voted for that.
Funny how an avowed leftist is worried about this subject, when you oppose a wall and want open borders.
I guess you just want to post any and everything negative (in your view) hoping the wall will not get built.

On a side note, I'd be surprised if peoples personal property line went right to the border with another country.
You'd think we would have been smart enough to restrict private ownership for 1/4 - to at least a minimum of 1/8 of a mile around the perimeter of our country.
Thus aside from the leftist kooks who would demand 1 trillion dollars for their little section (in the hopes of creating a safe space for the illegal aliens to cross), we would not have to pay for any of the land we had the foresight to restrict from private ownership.

`

Old 07-08-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They voted for him cuz statists gonna State.
And it's why conservatives hate libertarians more than they do leftists. Because we call them out on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies