Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 07:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Look at how "outraged" the Trump snowflakes are. Pretty funny.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:50 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and she even received an award the following day.

Samantha Bee avoids press to accept a social change award | EW.com
The Samantha Bee incident was pivotal for me in many ways. It provided a clear eye-opening example of the kind of hypocritical idiocy infecting millions of people. After she went on to receive an award and suffer zero repercussions I realized that we are a nation of really effed-up contrarians with a broken moral compass.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
While I think it's suicide to use that word in any context these days, due to the current trend for witch hunts, he didn't use it against black people and given the context, his use of the word doesn't make him a racist as some have stated in this and another thread. Geeze, people are so conditioned to have a knee jerk response to a white person using it that you can't even use the word ni-ggard-ly anymore to describe someone who is stingy. That's insane.

The board could have just stated they understand his point but don't feel comfortable with him using that word, but since there was controversy a few months ago, and now this, he's being viewed as a loose cannon and a liability they needed to get rid of.

It's all about the bottom line.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
While I think it's suicide to use that word in any context these days, due to the current trend for witch hunts, he didn't use it against black people and given the context, his use of the word doesn't make him a racist as some have stated in this and another thread. Geeze, people are so conditioned to have a knee jerk response to a white person using it that you can't even use the word ni-ggard-ly anymore to describe someone who is stingy. That's insane.

The board could have just stated they understand his point but don't feel comfortable with him using that word, but since there was controversy a few months ago, and now this, he's being viewed as a loose cannon and a liability they needed to get rid of.

It's all about the bottom line.
WAY too forward-thinking and practical a reaction for this crowd.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I never dreamed that I would live in an era in which people will devote time arguing back and forth over a singular occurrence of a white guy saying the "n word" in a private conference call at the same time a woman calls another a "feckless c*nt" on national television with overwhelming approval.

One step forward, two steps back.
There are clearly two sets of rules. Where were the feminists who should have spoken out against Samantha Bee? They were retweeting their approval of her comment.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
what was his point?

seems like his point is he knew white people who were more racist than him

folks like this guy can't help themselves They have to find a way to use that word once a day to keep their teeth white.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There are clearly two sets of rules. Where were the feminists who should have spoken out against Samantha Bee? They were retweeting their approval of her comment.
Feminists claim have "taken" the word, as it refers to the female anatomy, and made it their own to use with pride in one of the stupidest attempts of reverse psychology I've ever witnessed.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what was his point?

seems like his point is he knew white people who were more racist than him

folks like this guy can't help themselves They have to find a way to use that word once a day to keep their teeth white.
Bingo.

Again, how easy is it NOT to say the n-word? Pretty easy......for folks who don't want to say it.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
This doesn't really change anything for me. I last had a pizza of theirs back in 2010.

It's really lousy pizza and he's an ass.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:02 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is really stupid.

The guy said it as an example, he wasn’t being racist.

People need to start putting these things in the proper context.

That said, Schnatter has kinda been a PR nightmare for his company for some time now. He needed to resign and let someone with a fresh perspective run the business. Don’t feel bad for him.. he’s sitting on a fortune.
what point was he trying to get across?

When meeting with a company trying to clean up your image.. why would using the word as an example be a good idea?

Seriously.

Dude is an idiot.

This would be like Trump saying "my daddy's daddy and his friends used to grab pu##y all the time 50 years ago"

cmon, the proper context is this guy is a freaking idiot who doesn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies