Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 05:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
For all the drama, fire and fury, the House hearing shed no new light on Strzok’s conduct at the FBI. It did, however, demonstrate the general uselessness of Congressional hearings.

Rather than uncover facts for their constituents, the hearing resembled a cross between “The People’s Court,” “The Jerry Springer Show,” and the trash talk between competitors at “WrestleMania.”

Fox News!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 05:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Equating texting someone you know on a personal level privately with testifying before a congressional committee? I hope you didn't injure yourself with that leap.
I understand that the tone and a context of a text message can be taken out of context. However, in this case, you have a baseline of thousands of text messages with the same tone and bias. Strzok got caught with his pants down in more ways than one.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well said, and I agree.

I just don't understand their logic. Does the committee think there were no republican FBI agents that disliked Obama? Or any democratic agents that disliked Bush?

FBI agents swear an oath to their country. And if somebody is vetted and trustworthy enough to become an FBI agent and make it up the ranks as Stzork did, I trust that he knows how to separate his own politics from his job.

And Strzok said repeatedly that there were multiple levels of supervision above him, as well as agents under him that reported to him. If it had appeared that he was in any way out of line or doing something inappropriate with an investigation, it would've been picked up on and reported immediately. Basically, if Strzok had done something wrong, it would have been noticed by his colleagues.

^^ That point by Strzok really hurt the committee's agenda yesterday and made them look like morons.
It was noticed that's why you have had in the past year numerous unnamed FBI agents voicing their displeasure with the upper management of the FBI.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah just look at the one that used cheating on his wife for being truthful in the hearing. Um, what about Trump's serial cheating when he was supposed to be "honest and faithful" to his wives. Keeping it honest of course...
A billionaire banging numerous hot chicks is a lot different and acceptable than some spazzed out looking dummy in a position of power banging his homily looking colleague.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
shame on you for dirtying this site by putting that waste of skin Mr Cummings on here, 2nd only to Mr "Guam will tip over" Johnson on being the most embarrassing guy in Congress.
More embarrassing than Nunes or Gowdy?

How is that even possible?

Old 07-13-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's down right creepy.

https://twitter.com/Hollybowie/statu...72639777476608

And to think there are people who are still defending him.
It's the blind leading the blind. I would be ok with it if they were just leading themselves off of a cliff and not trying to drag the entire country over the cliff with them.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:19 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I found the part where Louie Gohmert questioned Strzoks infidelity (whatever that had to do with claims of bias) rather hysterical, isn’t he a Tea Party Trump supporter. Rather enormous hypocrisy.
Yeah, I wonder if he talks to Trump like that ...

Old 07-13-2018, 05:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
**crickets**

No Trump supporters here will respond to you, because they have nothing to say in defense. They'll read it and scroll right past it.
I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'll either get no replies, or replies saying nothing like "But Hillary..." or a rare one like this (not sure if said poster is a Trump supporter or not)

Quote:
To be fair, one actually argued that it reflects poorly on Strzok because he was an FBI employee while Trump's cheating took place while a private citizen, which apparently means it is not a character flaw.
Well it still is but once again it is within the bounds of being partisan. I hardly ever see conservatives who cheat on wives get the same heat as they put on liberals. I just do to point out the fallacy of tribal politics. Trump's I would think would be more of a character flaw since I think only Clinton had as many known affairs as Trump. One affair, I can give a pass but as many as Trump has, I can't. He has monogamy issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Having affairs is neither here nor there.

Newt Gingrich carried on about Clinton's blow job until hell wouldn't have it. The whole time he was sleeping with a woman who was not his wife.

Those in government have a long history of affairs up to the current time.
No it isn't, but it just shows partisanship when used only against political enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I found the part where Louie Gohmert questioned Strzoks infidelity (whatever that had to do with claims of bias) rather hysterical, isn’t he a Tea Party Trump supporter. Rather enormous hypocrisy.
Yep, which is why I commented on it earlier.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
A billionaire banging numerous hot chicks is a lot different and acceptable than some spazzed out looking dummy in a position of power banging his homily looking colleague.
Only to someone who is partisan and don't see their backyard is dirty as well.

Last edited by mkpunk; 07-13-2018 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 05:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
This is an amazing comment.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Raskin did a great job of exposing the hypocrisy and outright lunacy of this entire, GOP farce.

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/...36185567399937
You mean the typical Democrat playbook of deflecting? Those issues while important in their own right have nothing to do with this situation.. with one exception. All the things Raskin mentioned, many if not all these issues have been created by the Democrats lack of leadership, the inability to lead and their ability to stroke racial and economic divide in this country. Seeds that have been planted over the past 50 years but go back to the days when Democrats embraced slavery and fought to keep it law. Democrats have caused much of this mess. Republicans and specifically Trump is trying to clean it up by draining the swamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies