Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 06:36 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Funny, to me it sounds like Congress fulfilling its obligation under the Constitution to protect and defend said Constitution.

If an Article Two official violates the law, impeachment is the proper remedy.
Why yes, especially if that official is doing his job and refuses to buckle under pressure from a corrupt administration ! It is hilarious to see GOP Senators becoming outraged that Mueller is getting closer, makes me wonder how many of them have secrets they do not want uncovered.

Trump should have half the integrity and guts that Rosenstein is showing here. He is not afraid of the big orange wolf, or any of the panty wearing Republicans who are trying to derail this investigation. It is courage like his that made America great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 06:39 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
After watching the Strzok hearing nothing the GOP does would surprise me, but who would they replace him with. Like he indicated in the last hearing, remove me and make my day.

They wanted Comey to replace Lunch, then they didn't like him. The fired Yates and now ant to remove Sessions. They loved Mueller before the investigation, now not so much. The person they would approve to replace Rosenstein doesn't exist on the planet earth.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:47 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Let us calm ourselves. I recall well the 'Nixon' years. We had stories about 'indicting' those that were preparing to testify that President Nixon was involved in a 'cover up' of Watergate.

Once we got past all of the partisan politics, those in Congress indicated that, yes, they would impeach President Nixon. Hence, he resigned.

Here is my prediction: Should the Democrats end up with a 'blue wave', Republicans will consider the "Trump Base" as meaningless, and so begin calling for impeachment.

As I said, I have seen it before.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:54 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
They need to take Sessions along with him...

Old 07-13-2018, 07:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Rosenstein violated the law?

Yes, several times.

He has lied to Congress, withheld legally subpoenaed documents, altered subpoenaed documents and has stonewalled requests from Congress that are needed as part of its oversight responsibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

The House has been telling Rosenstein for months that he faces impeachment.

The announcement of the indictments the day before the President meets with Putin was clearly a political stunt by Rosenstein. Sessions (he is still the AG isn't he?) should fire Rosenstein before the impeachment moves forward.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I guess after the indictment today of the 12 Russians it may be getting very close to proving that Trump has more dirt on him than the Republicans thought. The Republicans should get the impeachment papers out ok but for the Traitor we have as President. Trump knew the Russians were listening when he, during his campaign said “Russia if your listening”. Trump has been a con artist for years. Who else has a thug lawyer (cohen) who is known as Trumps “fixer”? Yes, looks like this Traitor Trump is soon going to see the results of this investigation.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us calm ourselves. I recall well the 'Nixon' years. We had stories about 'indicting' those that were preparing to testify that President Nixon was involved in a 'cover up' of Watergate.

Once we got past all of the partisan politics, those in Congress indicated that, yes, they would impeach President Nixon. Hence, he resigned.

Here is my prediction: Should the Democrats end up with a 'blue wave', Republicans will consider the "Trump Base" as meaningless, and so begin calling for impeachment.

As I said, I have seen it before.
Well then I think perhaps Mondays meeting with Putin will include specific s from Trump on advice on how to deal with their problem..Rosenstein and Mueller.

I hope they both have first floor apartments.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:43 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Today’s announcement by Rosenstein had nothing to do with it. Don’t conflate the two.

If anything it’s rosenstein obstructing by dragging his feet. Weasel he is. Who is he protecting?

It is interesting that you call Rosenstein a Weasel, he is a Republican that was put into his current position by Donald Trump himself.

They are hardly dragging their feet, so far the have had
Quote:

187 criminal charges in active
indictments or to which people have pleaded Guilty.

Another 23 counts against Pres.
Trumps former Campaign Manager
Rick Gates that were vacated when
he agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

Thirty two people and Three Businesses have been named in plea
agreements or indictments

Six Guilty Pleas from five Defendants, including Gates, former
National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Former Trump Campaign Advisor
George Papadolpoulus, Richard Pinedo, and lawyer Alex Van Der Zwaan.

Trump's former Campaign Chairman
Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal Counts.

13 Individuals believed to be linked to Russian Intelligence agencies have been charged, including Manaforts longtime
associate Konstantin Kilimmnik.

there is even more, read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Iran Contra, Whitewater, Watergate and others were much longer...and nowhere as near as productive.

So much for the "Witch Hunt".

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 07-14-2018 at 03:01 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 02:49 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
They need to take Sessions along with him...

Once again, Jeff Sessions is a Republican and appointed by Donald Trump himself.
The Trump Cult just doesn't like him or Rosenstein or Mueller (who is also a Republican) or anyone,
even though they were put into power by Trump himself.
(This like someone going out and committing murder then screaming the Prosecutor and the Judge
all need to be fired.)

Republicans need to put their country and the law first, not their party and Trump.
I will give them kudo's at least Mueller, Rosenstein and Sessions seem to be.
So there might be some Hope and Justice for Our Country's future.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 07-14-2018 at 04:17 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 03:20 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Reports: Some Hard Right Republicans Will Attempt to Impeach Rod Rosenstein

Let 'em try. This should be fun to watch ...

If they tried and succeeded or if they tried and failed, it would be a big loss for them either way, with the voters this fall. Give the scoundrels a bit of rope and you know what they will do to themselves. They're such fools in their smug assumption, that any more than their small corps of supporters will go with their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies