Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 07:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If they tried and succeeded or if they tried and failed, it would be a big loss for them either way, with the voters this fall. Give the scoundrels a bit of rope and you know what they will do to themselves. They're such fools in their smug assumption, that any more than their small corps of supporters will go with their agenda.
You have more faith in the intelligence of the American electorate than I do. Look for Trump to create some kind of big distraction in October to divert attention away from the continuing GOP corruption and obstruction of justice and muddy the waters further. Then watch American voters be led by the nose to vote against America's interests again.

I hope to God Americans prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 08:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"As Rosenstein announces new indictments of Russian [government] hackers who targeted the 2016 US election, Republicans renew push to impeach him"

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...achment-719816

Some Freedom Caucus members in Congress are spearheading this effort, and it their motion to impeach could come as early next week.
What's the crime? Normally there is a crime, then an investigation. Versus investigating in order to look for a crime.

Quote:
Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.
Sounds like you're whining because you lost. Get over it.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
After watching the Strzok hearing nothing the GOP does would surprise me, but who would they replace him with. Like he indicated in the last hearing, remove me and make my day.

They wanted Comey to replace Lunch, then they didn't like him. The fired Yates and now ant to remove Sessions. They loved Mueller before the investigation, now not so much. The person they would approve to replace Rosenstein doesn't exist on the planet earth.

The GOP is scrambling and desperate right now. They know, deep down, that they hooked their wagons to a dangerous loser, but they had no choice. So, they tried to make the best of it by going along with his programs, even if they knew they were stupid and not going to work. They had to do it to save their seats.

They also know that the Democrats are benefiting greatly every time Donald Trump opens his mouth or tweets. Local elections in a lot of States are being won for the first time by Democrats, especially after Trump shows up to support the GOP guy or gal. November is going to be a train wreck for the GOP party.

They are caught between the proverbial rock and hard place, and the anger and frustration we saw in that ridiculous, embarrassing Strzok hearing was so very telling. Especially that Texas idiot who was like a drunken raving maniac.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You have more faith in the intelligence of the American electorate than I do. Look for Trump to create some kind of big distraction in October to divert attention away from the continuing GOP corruption and obstruction of justice and muddy the waters further. Then watch American voters be led by the nose to vote against America's interests again.

I hope to God Americans prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
Like Clinton did when he bombed Iraq, which was already blockaded, in order to deflect away from him banging the staff?

Clinton was guilty, Trump isn't. Keep trying.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The GOP is scrambling and desperate right now. They know, deep down, that they hooked their wagons to a dangerous loser, but they had no choice. So, they tried to make the best of it by going along with his programs, even if they knew they were stupid and not going to work. They had to do it to save their seats.

They also know that the Democrats are benefiting greatly every time Donald Trump opens his mouth or tweets. Local elections in a lot of States are being won for the first time by Democrats, especially after Trump shows up to support the GOP guy or gal.

They are caught between the proverbial rock and hard place, and the anger and frustration we saw in that ridiculous, embarrassing Strzok hearing was so very telling. Especially that Texas idiot who was like a drunken raving maniac.
Because Strzok is believable and is someone who doesn't deceive people right?

Old 07-14-2018, 08:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

'Information suggesting' and 'appear to be'?

Sounds like a real solid case ya got there Mark.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:31 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What's the crime? Normally there is a crime, then an investigation. Versus investigating in order to look for a crime.

Actually this has been an immensely successful investigation - 187 criminal charges in active indictments or to which people have pleaded guilty....including 23 counts against President Trumps former campaign manager Rick Gates, Guilty pleas form former Trump campaign advisor George Papadolpoulus, and Trump former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.
Trumps former campaign chairman Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal counts.
Thirteen individuals believed to be linked to Russian Intelligence have now been charged.

All roads seem to lead to Russia, all roads seem to come from Trumps campaign....

Quote:
187 criminal charges in active
indictments or to which people have pleaded Guilty.

Another 23 counts against Pres.
Trumps former Campaign Manager
Rick Gates that were vacated when
he agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

Thirty two people and Three Businesses have been named in plea
agreements or indictments

Six Guilty Pleas from five Defendants, including Gates, former
National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Former Trump Campaign Advisor
George Papadolpoulus, Richard Pinedo, and lawyer Alex Van Der Zwaan.

Trump's former Campaign Chairman
Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal Counts.

13 Individuals believed to be linked to Russian Intelligence agencies have been charged, including Manaforts longtime
associate Konstantin Kilimmnik.

there is even more, read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Like Clinton did when he bombed Iraq, which was already blockaded, in order to deflect away from him banging the staff?

Clinton was guilty, Trump isn't. Keep trying.
I know that you love your country.

Which country is that?

You are doing your best to single handily meet or surpass the goal in The Five Year Plan for disinformation through internet trolling.

The Motherland is proud of you.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
"As Rosenstein announces new indictments of Russian [government] hackers who targeted the 2016 US election, Republicans renew push to impeach him"

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...achment-719816

Some Freedom Caucus members in Congress are spearheading this effort, and it their motion to impeach could come as early next week.

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.
Clearly they are running interference for the Con Man in Chief.

If Trump fires Rosenstein it could be considered obstruction of justice. So they are using this approach to hobble an investigation which has yielded: * Thirty-two people and three businesses have been named in plea agreements or indictments* including some twenty five indictments of Russians associated with the Russian government (including 12 officers from the Russian military), proving many Trump supporters and spokespersons to be liars about the Russian 'nothingburger' all along.

What does the Freedom Caucus represent anyway? The freedom to betray us ... for money?!?

*187 criminal charges in active indictments or to which individuals have pleaded guilty*

Five individuals have pleaded guilty, which means they are not even going to contest the charges, they have admitted their crimes.

These conservative Republican hatchet men in the Freedom Caucus are weasels, a fifth column whom have sold out to forces outside of our own country.

Who's been charged by Mueller in the Russia probe so far? | Fox News

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump loves the white blue and red.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	200018 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump loyal to a fault.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	200019

Old 07-14-2018, 09:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Because Strzok is believable and is someone who doesn't deceive people right?
Are you saying he is just like Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies