Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 06:08 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually it is...my mother had a spontaneous abortion when I was 10 or eleven. Not yet a formed infant. She was a radical catholic at that point. Went round with her pastor on baptizing the result. Finally buried in the backyard without any ceremony. Probably one of the major reasons her view of Catholicism changed.

And the quote leaves much in doubt...and that is before you deal with the linguistic and semantic of the quote.

And those who quote these things have a special place in hell where they will spend eternity resolving the conflicts.
That scripture from God has nothing to do with your post. As for a
Quote:
special place in hell
, where did you find this information out of which you formed this opinion?

Old 07-15-2018, 06:17 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
where did you find this information out of which you formed this opinion?
I'm thinking Dante. Eighth circle, eighth bolgia, reserved for evil counselors and advisors.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:18 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,468 times
Quote:
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

It isn't an "it" to God.
Religion should play no part in law making and its wrong for people to try and force those who don’t believe in religion to be held to your beliefs.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm thinking Dante. Eighth circle, eighth bolgia, reserved for evil counselors and advisors.
I asked lvmensch where he/she got the information from that formed his/her opinion that there is a special place in hell.............

Old 07-15-2018, 06:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
That scripture from God has nothing to do with your post. As for a , where did you find this information out of which you formed this opinion?
Which scripture? Your Bible was written in colloquial English? Now that would be magical.

I have 16 years of relatively hard core Christian Education. And any faith belief I might have started with was stamped out in the last five. What does one call an educated Christian?...An Agnostic at best.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:22 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
I asked lvmensch where he/she got the information from that formed his/her opinion that there is a special place in hell.............
Well Madeleine Albright had to get the idea from somewhere, and she's well-read.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Which scripture? Your Bible was written in colloquial English? Now that would be magical.

I have 16 years of relatively hard core Christian Education. And any faith belief I might have started with was stamped out in the last five. What does one call an educated Christian?...An Agnostic at best.
Anger and bitterness clouds one's ability to even want the truth. Disbelieve what you want. Intellectual religion is not faith. I know what I know. I'm not going to try and convince you or anyone. Nor will you change my mind.

I've said all I need to say here.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Well Madeleine Albright had to get the idea from somewhere, and she's well-read.
You missed my point entirely, but that's ok. I've said all I need to say here.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Anger and bitterness clouds one's ability to even want the truth. Disbelieve what you want. Intellectual religion is not faith. I know what I know. I'm not going to try and convince you or anyone. Nor will you change my mind.

I've said all I need to say here.
Yes indeed. You have made it clear there is no rational basis for your belief. But your Faith makes it true.

And I have no anger or bitterness. As I said my mother started as ultimate Christian. And I have great fondness for the people involved. Actually knew some of them. Look up Ammon Hennacy. One of the people who my mother and father dealt with in their younger years. Likely end up a saint before he is done.

And one of the initial great movers in my mother's life was....

https://aleteia.org/2017/09/29/the-b...hueck-doherty/

Again likely a candidate for sainthood.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:03 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Really? Then you must really love the prior post that stated that abortion really saves lives.

There is plenty of evidence that the drop in crime that America since the early 90's is attributed to abortion being legal.

Abortion and crime: who should you believe? - Freakonomics Freakonomics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.