Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 05:57 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If the police had minded their own business like they were supposed to, it wouldn't have happened either and that is where it starts.
BUT BUT BUT ... that's part of the reason that Pfleger and his minions marched and shut down the Dan Ryan. Pfleger has even stated that he wants the police pulled from the white neighborhoods and more representation on the south and west sides. They want Rahm to do something about guns on the street, the violence, the shootings.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:59 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Did the officer grab the man BEFORE she knew??

The guy had a FOID card. Which means the gun was most likely registered to him. He lives in Chicago. He was a community guy who was a father and well liked in the community, according to the community.

According to some on here he was John Wayne about to take down the entire group of officers.
And according to the community, he didn't even have a gun.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
BUT BUT BUT ... that's part of the reason that Pfleger and his minions marched and shut down the Dan Ryan. Pfleger has even stated that he wants the police pulled from the white neighborhoods and more representation on the south and west sides. They want Rahm to do something about guns on the street, the violence, the shootings.

The violence and shooting only came from one source here.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Red herring talking about the justice system and this and that. Stick to the subject which is this one specific incident.

The cops - as reported by the news on one of the local channels the night it happened - saw a guy who had a gun tucked into a holster on his waist so they stopped him.

He supposedly had a FOID card but not a license to conceal and carry. ILLEGAL in Chicago to be walking around like that with a gun in a holster without a license to do that. The cops don't know if you have a license, so legit card carriers - as they've already stated here - know they can be stopped and should comply and they'll be on their way.

The ignorant keep ignoring this.

A couple Saturdays ago there was a protest because nobody was doing anything about violence in the community. How can these cops help clean up the community if they're not stopping people who are clearly armed? At that point they don't know who the guy is.

He may not have been dangerous, but that wasn't evident when he put his hands on his weapon in front of the cops he was running from.

But some of you are of the opinion that cops are always 100% wrong so you keep whining about the injustice of it all without presenting any facts to prove you're right and the cops should never have stopped him. You have zero facts. None. Which means you have zero credibility.

The police were within their rights to stop and question an obviously armed man. Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or just plain stupid. Maybe both.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Red herring talking about the justice system and this and that. Stick to the subject which is this one specific incident.

The cops - as reported by the news on one of the local channels the night it happened - saw a guy who had a gun tucked into a holster on his waist so they stopped him.

He supposedly had a FOID card but not a license to conceal and carry. ILLEGAL in Chicago to be walking around like that with a gun in a holster without a license to do that. The cops don't know if you have a license, so legit card carriers - as they've already stated here - know they can be stopped and should comply and they'll be on their way.

The ignorant keep ignoring this.

A couple Saturdays ago there was a protest because nobody was doing anything about violence in the community. How can these cops help clean up the community if they're not stopping people who are clearly armed? At that point they don't know who the guy is.

He may not have been dangerous, but that wasn't evident when he put his hands on his weapon in front of the cops he was running from.

But some of you are of the opinion that cops are always 100% wrong so you keep whining about the injustice of it all without presenting any facts to prove you're right and the cops should never have stopped him. You have zero facts. None. Which means you have zero credibility.

The police were within their rights to stop and question an obviously armed man. Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or just plain stupid. Maybe both.
How likely is it that a guy with a HOLSTERED gun, AND a FOID card, with the gun registered to him, is a criminal in Chicago?

Old 07-17-2018, 06:40 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
The 2 facts that I care about in this case are 1) He never unholstered his weapon 2) He never pointed the weapon at officers and 3) The officer who escalated the situation by grabbing the man.

I'm still waiting on ANY poster to show where this guy was a thug, as you like to put it. Please. Anybody.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:51 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Having watched several videos of the shooting, I have to say that the perp had a strong desire to die at that moment.
Suicide by cop makes the most sense to me after watching. That or the man really was that stupid.
Look anyone who has read my posts know that I am a bit critical of lethal use of force by cops. That said there is the should be, could be, wish it was theories and then there is a reality.
The reality is, if the cops tell you to freeze, to submit, to obey, and you are carrying a gun, you comply. If you dont there is a very high probability that you will be shot and killed. That is reality.

The man would be alive today had he simply complied. The that aint how it should be argument or he had a right to be a dick argument, or he is entitled to be stupid argument, isn't the reality anywhere in this country nor most if not all others. Most likely if he had been white and that Chicago anti-gun police force had intercepted him and he did exactly what the black guy did, the white guy would be dead and there wouldn't be a riot, a protest or media attention.

Cops have the power, they enjoy a great deal of protection from prosecution and I hate that. That doesn't mean Ill risk my life to prove that point. I won't challenge the cop with my legally owned gun. I will never put myself in that position. I have no desire to be a death by cop statistic.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 07-17-2018 at 07:34 AM..

Old 07-17-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
How likely is it that a guy with a HOLSTERED gun, AND a FOID card, with the gun registered to him, is a criminal in Chicago?
Doesn't matter. They didn't know he had a FOID card unless they stopped to question him, which they did.

They're not psychics.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
The 2 facts that I care about in this case are 1) He never unholstered his weapon 2) He never pointed the weapon at officers and 3) The officer who escalated the situation by grabbing the man.

I'm still waiting on ANY poster to show where this guy was a thug, as you like to put it. Please. Anybody.
I've never said he was a thug. I'm not sure anyone else has either. Doesn't matter.

How do you know he never unholstered his weapon? Please post a link to the article stating this.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Doesn't matter. They didn't know he had a FOID card unless they stopped to question him, which they did.

They're not psychics.
We do not live in a "show.me your papers" society even though many want to make it one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies