Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 12:30 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It really started with the right and talk radio and political discourse, much thanks to the internet, has gone downhill ever since. Trump is the result of the deterioration of political discourse and pushing it to new lows.
No, it started with the left's combination of major news outlets, which, in turn, fostered Rush, Sean, Mike, Dennis, Buck and the other Patriots speaking for the people and the cause of freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 12:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
No, it started with the left's combination of major news outlets, which, in turn, fostered Rush, Sean, Mike, Dennis, Buck and the other Patriots speaking for the people and the cause of freedom.
You associate Republicans with freedom?

Both parties are tyrannical in separate ways.

I do agree the big three were moderately left.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:42 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You associate Republicans with freedom?
I do associate them with Freedom Fries

Old 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I do associate them with Freedom Fries

I take note that when that hysteria was going on, again drummed up by the war loving MSM, it was Hillary Clinton right there munching on Freedom Fries and pouring out French wine. '

Trump in the meantime was saying there was no reason to go to war.

This also speaks for itself.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The Russian meddling happened when Obama was President. If anybody deserves blame for it, it is the Obama administration and the people who worked during his term. It speaks to their lack of competence.

If there is Russian meddling under Trump's watch, only then can you blame Trump for it.
Cyber spying often isn't caught the day it is done. It's not like a gas station robbery.

The fact IS that Trump is now in charge.

Yet, how can he do anything to prevent it in 2018 or 2020 when he won't even verbally acknowledge that it happened?

One can conclude that ~ since it benefitted him ~ he is fine if it continues in the future.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:09 PM

13,655 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What has Trump done that is dangerous to our country? Did he start a war or something?
Quite literally. Trump has started a trade-war, with essentially the entire world simultaneously. The curious thing is that such a predicament is bad for everyone - for consumers, workers, owners, investors... in the US, and abroad. It is a war with no territorial gains, no gain in resoueces, not even an exercise in usage of modern technology. Even in the most cynical and self-serving sense, it is only a loss.

This thread is about hating half of the country. Ironically, Trump is doing something that will eventually unite the entire country: everyone loses in a trade-war, and presumably eventually everyone will coalesce in opposition to it.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:21 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The fish starts to rot from the head. (according to the Russians)

Hillary Clinton about Trump Supporters....
"basket of deplorables" "They are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"
First time I've ever heard the leader of either political party, say such a thing about 10s of millions of their fellow American citizens.
Romney had a good go at it. I’ll post the Clinton quote in context for you since you seem incapable of it.

“We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

"But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well”

Now, I don’t know all that many Trump supporters. There’s not many here who admit to it and I recall seeing only one Trump yard sign in the neighborhood. Most of the Trump supporters I’ve encountered have been on these forum threads. I would have to say that the great majority fall into Clinton’s first basket. She admitted that she was “grossly generalistic” and regretted it. We now know that many of the devisive and inflammatory claims spouted by Trumpers came directly from Russian plants and spies attempting to interfere with the election. The fact that many Trump supporters still adhere to those false claims and continue to repeat them in the face of clear evidence that they were based on Russian interference is deplorable and traitorous. So they condemn themselves.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Politicians and the media that feed off and encourage them are " Blame Throwers".

A percentage of the population buys into the noise and trend " Blame Throwers" " too. Some do not appear to have the cognitive ability to distinguish between one, few, some, many and all.

I rarely come in contact with people who trend extreme.

More people identify as unaffiliated/ Independent , than Republican or Democrat.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Romney had a good go at it. I’ll post the Clinton quote in context for you since you seem incapable of it. ....

It's amazing how much this topic gets proved over & over.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:34 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWNC View Post
I understood the orangeaid supporters but by now, I hope they suffer greatly for what they wrought (bringing down our country to foreign adversaries. Facts to them are irrelevant and there comes a time when you go from ignorance to stupid. We've been at stupid for a couple years. This is indefensible.
You must be one of the fine open minded big hearted liberals who wished all the people in Michigan to burn in hell on election night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies