Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 06:57 PM

37,052 posts, read 19,035,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Nobody has called Trump a liar to his face. Macron is right.
Wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e7a401000c8f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 07:00 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, Huckleberry. Who are you trying to kid?

I've read your posts. If you were ever a Democrat, you likely switched parties back during the Civil Rights era.
I supported Obama first term read my posts

Old 07-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Now really.

WWI and WWII were well underway when the U.S. got involved. Neither Wilson nor FDR started either of those wars with an invasion. We joined a party well underway.

Korean War started when North Korea invaded South Korea. Truman joined the fray, but certainly didn't start the war.

Vietnam I'll give you, but I have never made heads not tails of how that started.

The Balkans/Kosovo?

I would hardly call Grenada a war.

The invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq were on Bush & Cheney. Neither nation was at war until U.S. forces invaded.

Why a Special Forces operation wasn't used to go after Osama bin Laden is somewhat of a mystery. Why did U.S. forces invade Afghanistan to get a small band of terrorists?

Democrats seem to get involved in wars that are underway.

Whereas Republicans start them by invading other nations for various reasons.
Truman sent "advisers" to Viet Nam in 1950.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_o...he_Vietnam_War

Old 07-15-2018, 07:02 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Quote:
Now really.

WWI and WWII were well underway when the U.S. got involved. Neither Wilson nor FDR started either of those wars with an invasion. We joined a party well underway.

Korean War started when North Korea invaded South Korea. Truman joined the fray, but certainly didn't start the war.

Vietnam I'll give you, but I have never made heads not tails of how that started.

The Balkans/Kosovo?

I would hardly call Grenada a war.

The invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq were on Bush & Cheney. Neither nation was at war until U.S. forces invaded.

Why a Special Forces operation wasn't used to go after Osama bin Laden is somewhat of a mystery. Why did U.S. forces invade Afghanistan to get a small band of terrorists?

Democrats seem to get involved in wars that are underway.

Whereas Republicans start them by invading other nations for various reasons.
Wilson and FDR didn't “start” them, but they both stupidly got the U.S. involved in them. Same with Truman with Korea and Clinton with the Balkans.

Grenada was a war of aggression by the U.S. against an island nation the size of a flea.

Obama is directly responsible for starting the war in Libya and its resulting slave trade. He is also responsible for starting the genocide in Yemen and helping ISIS in Syria.

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Not at all.
Alrighty then. LOL>

4,234 posts, read 3,150,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Perhaps I missed it but where specifically did Trump get called a liar?

Old 07-15-2018, 07:04 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Great summary, Try not to confuse lefties with facts.
Thanks, but don't get too chummy. I dislike the right just as much as the left.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:29 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,051,715 times
It is only bad if a republican does it if you are a Democrat or if a Democrat does it and you are a Republican. I think it is usually a good thing.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Perhaps I missed it but where specifically did Trump get called a liar?
Read it again. Rutte made Trump backtrack.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:01 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,838,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
No one said dialogue with the enemy is bad...if it is the right dialogue from the right people.
Trump has attacked NATO, threw our closest Allies under the Bus, stabbed our Friends in the back, or has attempted to....all while embracing our biggest adversary, and talking about how
wonderful Putin is (A murderous ex-KGB Agent) all while there is an investigation going on about the Russians Meddling in our Election, and some people involved in the Trump campaign are being indicted and arrested for various crimes associated with all of this.....suspicious and reason for pause at the very least.
You said it!! Dialogue with Putin is ok; if it is not one sided and it looks so wrong to have this "meeting," behind closed doors. What is Trump doing, assuring Putin, that the US is just a bunch of losers, but he is "fixing," that little problem?

His sloppy communication with our closest allies is so demeaning. Maybe, treason is on the menu for the Trumpster. Why is this guy still walking around trying to make the US look bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies