Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 07:47 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,586,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I'm not one of those persons who believes "the police are always right". Just because someone has the authority to do something doesn't mean they SHOULD be doing certain things. Common sense says don't hassle someone who isn't doing anything to anyone. The point? Blacks have a higher chance of interacting with the police in situations where no crime was committed. A higher chance of interacting ewith the police in situations where someone calls the police under the guise of "suspicious person". In many cases, a Black person have moved into a certain neighborhood. In some cases, hanging out in a place where it is legal to do so but someone thinks "what is that person doing here"? That is what I mean by situations where it isn't necessary. If I'm just in a certain place and I'm allowed to be there, why call the police? Why should a police pull me over if I'm not committing any crimes or violations? Why would it be necessary? Isn't that technically guilty until proven innocent?
Not participating in hypotheticals--every situation is unique in its own ways. I live in the real world, perhaps you should join us someday.

When you are law enforcement then you get to make the decision on whether or not you should someone over. until then pipe down.

You've tried to pivot the topic of the thread(without success) to the per capita argument among others multiple times which is NOT what this thread is about, so perhaps you should refresh your reading comprehension skills as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 07:50 PM

72,858 posts, read 62,340,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You sound like Al Sharpton because you falsely called Rush a racist.

Get the bone out of your nose is not a racist comment. It is a satirical way to call somebody a caveman.
Uh, yes he did. Instead of shooting the messenger, prove me wrong.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bone-voyage/

And "bone in the nose" is the equivalent of "primitive African tribesman".

I could say anything you have to say has no credibility because you get your news from right wing sources.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,350,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Uh, yes he did. Instead of shooting the messenger, prove me wrong.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bone-voyage/

And "bone in the nose" is the equivalent of "primitive African tribesman".

I could say anything you have to say has no credibility because you get your news from right wing sources.
Snopes is a leftwing website. Yes they think Rush is a racist.

Your schitk is you call people who don't vote for your party a racist even if you have to use pretzel logic.

El Rushbo has a black person working in the studio with him, he has several black friends, one called the Hutch that he talks NFL on his show often, he has had black economists host his show like Dr. Walter Williams, he's a Clarence Thomas superfan, etc and you are calling him a racist. If you had to prove your allegation to a judge or jury, you would lose it easily.

What black person in America has a bone in their nose? It is so weird you are trying to argue that is a racist comment.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Not participating in hypotheticals--every situation is unique in its own ways. I live in the real world, perhaps you should join us someday.

When you are law enforcement then you get to make the decision on whether or not you should someone over. until then pipe down.

You've tried to pivot the topic of the thread(without success) to the per capita argument among others multiple times which is NOT what this thread is about, so perhaps you should refresh your reading comprehension skills as well.
Those are real world situations I'm describing. I've seen it happen for myself. Of course you aren't going to believe it. I've been in situations where someone got pulled over for nothing. It happened to my father. I know people who had to deal with the police being called on them under the guise of "suspicious person" (i.e. being the only Black person in the neighborhood). You can disregard it all you want. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is why it is stupid to pull over someone for nothing or to call the police on someone for nothing.

I pivoted this to per capita because the question was about why there are no protests. Lack of protests due to per capita rates of getting shot by the police. My reading comprehension is just fine. I know what the title is. I answered the question by saying that raw numbers are not as good an indicator of this as per capita numbers. I notice the same persons who talk about raw numbers of Whites getting shot by the police want to talk about per capita rates of Black crime and per capita rates of Black welfare receipt.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Snopes is a leftwing website. Yes they think Rush is a racist.

Your schitk who doesn't vote for your party a racist even if you have to use pretzel logic.

El Rushbo has a black person working in the studio with him, he has several black friends, he has had black economists host his show like Dr. Walter Williams, he's a Clarence Thomas superfan, etc and you are calling him a racist.

What black person in America has a bone in their nose? It is so weird you are trying to argue that is a racist comment.
Ok then, you think you can prove Limbaugh didn't say that? Go find a reputable source if you think Snopes is no good. I said prove me wrong.

Rush Limbaugh will get around persons he finds useful . Doesn't mean much to me.

No Black person has a bone in their nose. You obviously don't get what I'm talking about. Generally, when "bone is nose" comments are made, they have nothing to do with cave men. I've certainly never heard someone reference a cave man when talking about "bone in nose". I've heard it used to compare Black people to "primitive" people. I've never heard it used to describe cave men. Never. I thought I would not have to argue that.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,350,910 times
I don't have to prove you wrong. I understand you are a partisan.

You are looking to make a comment racist.

Cavemen and primitive people are the same thing.

Didn't the Flintstones have bones in their nose or hair or something. That was a show about cavemen.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I don't have to prove you wrong. I understand you are a partisan.

You are looking to make a comment racist.

Cavemen and primitive people are the same thing.

Didn't the Flintstones have bones in their nose or hair or something. That was a show about cavemen.
Yes you do. You are the one who claims that I'm wrong. Show me that I'm wrong. Otherwise, you're just lying and have no credibility.

And the term cave man isn't used on Black people. Notice that in an earlier post, I mentioned that I've heard "bone in nose" used to refer to Blacks, comparing them to "primitive African tribesman". http://www.city-data.com/forum/54604891-post292.html

Old 03-05-2019, 08:23 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,668,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You made this up. The police represent themselves. They don't represent the right wing. The more you post, the more things you make up.

How about telling us about all the unarmed white people you've protested for? Where are those threads? You don't even know their names. Absolutely disgusting.
Why don't white people protest?

Old 03-05-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Why don't white people protest?
Truth is, this is something I haven't thought about. One thing I am thinking about is how this discussion(and other discussions) brings out the worst in some people. One reason I have added two people to my "Ignore" list on one day. Some individuals are not worth dealing with. And some discussions cannot be had without histrionics.

As for this discussion, this is a topic I haven't thought much about. I rarely watch television. I try to avoid watching the news. I watch educational documentaries. What National Geographic has to say means much more to me than what CNN or FOX News could ever say. If I want to watch something, that is what youtube is for. I vicariously get alot of my news from facebook, youtube, and sometimes the radio. Half of the time I don't even know what protests are going on.

I will say this. I care about what might happen to me. I don't want bad things happening to other people either.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:37 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,593,548 times
White people dont protest because white folk are cold hearted. They love police like they are family. They love law and authority because 99.9% of the time the law works in their favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies