Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
No about 1/3.

Problem is blacks commit crimes at a much higher rate which increases the likelyhood of encounter with police.

There is not an epidemic of police shooting blacks.
I disagree with that. And don't show me some BS crime statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 03:58 AM

Basically what some posters are arguing is that black people are inherently criminal.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, what about the 1% of innocent lives lost? And what about all the unarmed lives lost? Sorry, retiredcop, you are just wrong.

Funny that other countries can deal with their criminals without all the police involved shootings. It's poor training and a cowboy mentality that is at least part of the problem. In fact, you don't see the police involved shootings in the USA in the better trained cities, but the problem is, many cities and some States have horribly poor training programs. New York City, the largest in the country and one that certainly has it's share of crime is the lowest of all cities in rate of police involved shootings.

Why? Training.

As example, why does Orlando, which has a relatively low crime rate, have a rate of police involved shootings second only to St. Louis, which we know has a high crime rate? Training and a cowboy mentality. What other reason are you going to give?
There are a handful of unarmed police shootings that are questionable. Guess what? There is a legal system that deals with it. Again in unarmed situations 99% of those shootings are totally justified. Sorry that you may not like it but it is what it is. Also the vast majority of police shootings occur when the suspect is armed and there is very little dispute of the circumstances. I always agree with police training. However that's up to localities to provide that. If residents of have a problem with a local police departments then its up to the citizens in those localities to put in politicians that address it. BTW let me let you know a little secret. I was a cop in the NYPD for over 20 years. Please spare me your knowledge on police training in the NYPD. You know why? Because even in the NYPD it sucks. Cops laugh about how bad it is. You don't know what your even talking about. As far as the difference between Orlando and St Louis regarding police shootings I don't know why they are close. However I will contend there are incidents that require police to shoot people no matter what the location. So if an officer needs to save their lives or the lives of others in any location in the USA I am 100% ok with that. Thank you for your expertise on police training. Can you provide us with your qualifications?

Old 07-16-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
There are a handful of unarmed police shootings that are questionable. Guess what? There is a legal system that deals with it. Again in unarmed situations 99% of those shootings are totally justified. Sorry that you may not like it but it is what it is. Also the vast majority of police shootings occur when the suspect is armed and there is very little dispute of the circumstances. I always agree with police training. However that's up to localities to provide that. If residents of have a problem with a local police departments then its up to the citizens in those localities to put in politicians that address it. BTW let me let you know a little secret. I was a cop in the NYPD for over 20 years. Please spare me your knowledge on police training in the NYPD. You know why? Because even in the NYPD it sucks. Cops laugh about how bad it is. You don't know what your even talking about. As far as the difference between Orlando and St Louis regarding police shootings I don't know why they are close. However I will contend there are incidents that require police to shoot people no matter what the location. So if an officer needs to save their lives or the lives of others in any location in the USA I am 100% ok with that. Thank you for your expertise on police training. Can you provide us with your qualifications?
Police "shootings" are just the tip of the iceberg and you know it. Police corruption is rampant in this country and its not just black people complaining about it.

To the OP. This movement didn't start by just black people. Victims of all colors were tired of police corruption. Black Lives Matter/DNC started all of the racial division.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Basically what some posters are arguing is that black people are inherently criminal.
Not true at all. The majority of blacks are law abiding citizens who are just like everyone else in this country. The majority of blacks go to work just like everyone else. The majority of blacks want to provide for their families. The majority of blacks strive for a better life. However the numbers of criminals in the black community are higher than other communities in the USA. There is no disputing that fact. The only things that can be disputed are the reasons why. Again no doubt about the fact that most blacks are NOT criminals.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Not true at all. The majority of blacks are law abiding citizens who are just like everyone else in this country. The majority of blacks go to work just like everyone else. The majority of blacks want to provide for their families. The majority of blacks strive for a better life. However the numbers of criminals in the black community are higher than other communities in the USA. There is no disputing that fact. The only things that can be disputed are the reasons why. Again no doubt about the fact that most blacks are NOT criminals.
Current LEO nor those in power know how to adequately reduce crime. Locking everyone up isn't the answer as we've seen after leading the WORLD in that category.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Yes, where are the protest? Why aren’t whit folks more upset?

Oh, that’s right... most of you believe anything a cop or Fed tells you UNLESS if it’s about a politician you love.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Current LEO nor those in power know how to adequately reduce crime. Locking everyone up isn't the answer as we've seen after leading the WORLD in that category.
Commit a crime no matter what the race then you should face the consequences of your actions. Don't like the fact that certain races get locked up at a higher rate? Then change the laws or live in a lawless society.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Commit a crime no matter what the race then you should face the consequences of your actions. Don't like the fact that certain races get locked up at a higher rate? Then change the laws or live in a lawless society.
If that was the case ALL of the LEO community would be locked up right now

Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:
If that was the case ALL of the LEO community would be locked up right now
Well, that shows your bias. In fact if that's how you feel you just lost all credibility in anything you state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies