Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 10:00 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

I actually have a white co-worker who lost a cousin to a police shooting. He was nude and had mental health issues. They actually just won a settlement. Nicest woman you'd ever meet.

There was also an issue of an "officer involved" road rage incident in the past. Again, a white man was involved. A man was killed and the officer never went to trial. Everything was handled with a "grand jury?"(Like in the M. Brown case). There were protests for that killing as it had to deal with road rage.

The narrative that "white" people never cared about this issue is a lie. Black Lives Matter is a lie and COINTEL Op that people continue to ignore, then run with their false narratives. They're not victims. They didn't start this movement. They're a non-profit funded by George Soros' Open Societies network and his NPIC network. They're basically Democrats. The whole "revolutionary" thing was in response to the youth movement sweeping across the country. "The Movement"

Hence why everyone refers to these related issues as "The Movement." That was the mobilizing slogan. Had nothing to do with being race specific. It was age specific. Millennials. Just happened to be black millennials who mostly started this movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Change of beliefs of my world
Chicago 1948
Bank robber robs bank- leave bank with gun and bag of money -police says halt -does not -bank robber dead
Headlines -police stop bank robbery
Today 2018
Bank robber robs bank
Leaves bank with gun and bag of money
Police say halt -robber puts up hands turns and runs
Headlines
Police shoot unarmed black man in the back
Murder charges filed against officer -law suit against Chicago pd

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-16-2018 at 10:23 AM..

Old 07-16-2018, 12:17 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdor View Post
So you pass off the fact that more whites are killed by the police by claiming that whites make up a larger portion of the population? Since there are more whites, who cares about their deaths?

How about this. You have proven that you have disdain for Whites and leave it at that.
Uh, no. This was about the OP trying to misrepresent a situation. This was about the OP trying to make it out to be "Blacks are whining over nothing". I notice that said person or persons will talk about Black crime in terms of per capita ad percentage. Same goes for welfare and anything else involving Blacks and dysfunction. But for the police brutality stats, it is represented differently. But thank you for twisting my point.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Or maybe if you get shot by a cop, then 9 times out of 10 you deserved it and had it coming.
So it’s okay if the cops wrongfully shoot someone one in ten times?

That’s right wingers for ya.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're missing his point. The number of people shot doesn't accurately reflect the reality that if you're a black male, there is a greater chance you'll be shot by a cop than if you're white.

He's never posted anything to indicate he has disdain for any race. You're off base with that comment, and I say that as someone who has disagreed with him many times.
This is just I'm seeing it. I don't think he was missing my point. This was more or less just a gaslighting tactic. We've disagreed on some things in the past. That is for sure. However, we aren't going to gaslight each other when we do disagree. I don't have disdain for a particular race. In this case, I needed to address some fallacies.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:07 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because as a white person, and another white person got shot by a cop, there a real good chance he was doing something that deserved to get shot for.

that my story and im sticking to it......
but off the record, cops are shooting too many people, they get scared so it legal to shoot. I believe you have to have a gun aim at you before you can shoot, better yet they have to shoot first.

I believe cops should be un-armed, they have already prove they cant be responsible with guns.
What an absurd notion.

Crime, especially violent crime, would go up tremendously. Many a cop out there now days couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Good old affirmative action caused the physical standards to be lowered to the point of having tiny little weaklings on the police force and fire departments. Gone are the days where you had to at least be a certain height/weight and pass a rigorous physical exam to be hired.

Plus AA has also caused the hiring standards to be lowered to allow all sorts of mentally unfit people, or those with checkered pasts to be hired. Thus you will have additional shootings just because the cops have less common sense, and many are mentally weak, thus afraid.
Here is but one of many examples;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYYIl3J9sl8

`

Old 07-16-2018, 01:12 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
And IMO the police shouldn't let their guard down. This tragic incident just happened in Massachusetts.

Police Officer And Bystander Shot And Killed In Weymouth | WBUR News

Quote:
Police say the suspect crashed a car, fled the scene, and was later discovered by Officer Chesna allegedly vandalizing a home. Prosecutors say that's when he attacked Chesna with a rock to the head. Chesna fell to the ground, and officials say, Lopes took the officer's gun and shot Chesna multiple times in the head and chest.

An unidentified elderly woman also died after being hit by stray bullets in a nearby home, authorities said.
The suspect Lopes is homeless and known by local police for being a drug dealer.

Blue lives matter too!!!

Old 07-16-2018, 02:53 PM

477 posts, read 276,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And IMO the police shouldn't let their guard down. This tragic incident just happened in Massachusetts.

-----

Police say the suspect crashed a car, fled the scene, and was later discovered by Officer Chesna allegedly vandalizing a home. Prosecutors say that's when he attacked Chesna with a rock to the head. Chesna fell to the ground, and officials say, Lopes took the officer's gun and shot Chesna multiple times in the head and chest.

An unidentified elderly woman also died after being hit by stray bullets in a nearby home, authorities said.

-----

The suspect Lopes is homeless and known by local police for being a drug dealer.

Blue lives matter too!!!
The suspect... attacked the police officer... with a rock. Took his gun, killed him with it AND an innocent woman.

Unarmed does NOT equal harmless!

The criminal element is gleefully emboldened by the very public they terrorize arguing for their rights.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So it’s okay if the cops wrongfully shoot someone one in ten times?

That’s right wingers for ya.
Only if they're black.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Only if they're black.
I will bring my concerns to this subject. I know that I will likely be viewed as more threatening. And it disturbs me alot that things are like this. With that said, I do sometimes wonder about the possibility of me being shot by a police officer. I also consider that it is mostly Black men being shot. I've seen videos where Black females have gotten into physical altercations with the police. I notice there is far less shooting of Black females than Black males. I have noticed that the majority of cases where Blacks are shot to death by the police, it's mostly men. I mention this because I have to consider how much someone might distrust or fear me. I understand that compared to other demographics, Blacks are looked down on alot. And within the Black demographic, Black men are looked down and on feared MORE than Black women are.

This segues into something I saw on television. I used to watch 7th Heaven alot. I remember one of the earlier episodes, which had to do with the arson of a Black church. Matt and John had come back from an incident where a school security guard basically hassled them. They had a debate between the two of them, as John wondered why Matt was afraid of him. John expressed a fear that the wrong person might end up afraid of him and it could get him killed. I thought about that episode of 7th Heaven today. There are a few occasions when I think about, that perhaps the wrong person might be afraid of me and it could get me into really severe trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies