Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For leftists: does the walkaway movement make some valid points?
Yes, I may not agree with everything in the video but some of the points are legitimate 9 31.03%
no, there is nothing about about this overly dramatic video. It is right wing propaganda 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'm a leftie. I don't know what the walkaway movement is. Get off FOX news and watch the real news if you seriously want to learn what liberals think.
And where exactly can we find this "real news" you speak of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 10:37 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
Had to google it. Seems fake.

Many older people become more conservative as they get old. This isn’t new.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,034,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Wow. "LITERALLY tearing up your own soul..." and it's "not hyperbole." Again, wow. You have a bit of an issue--heck, you've got the whole subscription. You've really got to come down to earth where real people actually think differently than you, and we have actual thoughts and ideas that are in opposition to your own, without "LITERALLY" ripping our souls out. I mean, I don't even know how to do that!
If you are progressive, you already did it. It's gone. When you subscribed to the envy and hate of redistributionist progressive policies.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's Russian bots, LOL. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05127ccf2d083

Sorry to burst your bubble. You've been duped. Again.
Of course according to "The Alliance for Securing Democracy" https://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/ which is run by whom you might wonder?

https://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/...isory-council/ Their advisory counsel is made up of notable Trump haters like Bill Kristol and Hillary's campaign Chair John Podesta. The rest of the list is full of Obama admin failures and left wing swamp rats.

Seriously, will lefty believe anything their fed?

Old 07-16-2018, 10:52 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Had to google it. Seems fake.

Many older people become more conservative as they get old. This isn’t new.
It's not fake.

This is just the beginning, and hopefully an end to the anti-American Democratic party.

Real Americans are fighting back.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:53 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
#walkaway should be #runaway. Remember the basic and primary factor: Leftism and collectivism are based on naked envy and hate. Leftism is literally a moral failing and a problem of character. It is not just a political view. So, in the era of this progressive leftist hijack, if sensible democrats are leaving the Democrat party, they are literally running from the envy and hatred of progressives, and saving their character.

Don't #walkaway, #runaway.
Sounds like a quote from Mein Kampf or the like.
I feel bad...if you truly believe this stuff.

I'm the guy other people are probably envious of....not someone who is envious of others. I have spent my entire life chasing after my dreams (not money for monies sake, but it often shows up when you do the right thing)....

The Republican Party with it's hypocritical stands on sex, reproductive rights, medical care, recreational drugs and MANY other things has stopped 10's of millions from realizing their dreams. Just taking alone the number of people with "drugs" on their records it's a virtual holocaust of broken lives.

Certainly all Dems or Greens or Independents aren't perfect (or near so), but most of what we see in modern times in terms of drug wars, real wars, great recessions, rise of racism (the Nixon Southern Strategy) and similar...are constructs of the Right.

Having my neighbor being taken good care of by a primary care physician has nothing to do with envy. In fact, I pay MUCH more than my fair share to make it so. Selfishness has it's place, but also its limits. The success of human societies have advanced right along with their "organization", or what you might call "community".

I think what becomes evident here is the black-white thinking that has always defined radicals on the right. They think ONLY individualism and darwinism are key to success of a society. The truth is that human beings and societies are complex and it's possible to have all things happening at once.

Given the Far Right world view, it is better to have a 12 lane freeway than an 8 lane one and some high speed rail. Most of us are just pawns in this game, yet that same person would make me believe I "choose" not have high speed rail. I don't. Society...specifically money and corporations and the politicians they buy, have chosen that for me.

In a populous and flat state like Florida you can't even get from the east coast to the west coast without 4 hours in a car. Uncivilized. Especially with an aging population.

Wanting things to be better is definitely a "progressive" tendency. If some illiterate mountaineer or pump and dump Wall Streeter thinks that is a bad thing..so be it.

"Greed is Good"...only to a degree. Making it into a religion is like any excess...not so good.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It's not fake.

This is just the beginning, and hopefully an end to the anti-American Democratic party.

Real Americans are fighting back.
Yeah, always remember when you can find 10...or 10,000 people representing a construct, that means it is real.....and Scientologists (millions?) just KNOW we came from alien seeds. Real. And also paid for with your tax money....

Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
why the modern day Democrat party has been hijacked by the radical left and is so divisive and arrogant and condescending yet the response by the overwhelming majority of those on the left is too quickly dismiss it and attack it instead of at least acknowledging some of the points.
So....as a "liberal", I am supposed to watch every youtube video, every newscast, read every blog, forum and FB post..and twitter rant...and I am supposed to negate it if it doesn't fit my worldview???

Did you ever consider that most people are ignorant and not worth listening to?

As humans we were given the tools to understand this...and sort out reality from the overwhelming bunches of BS.

When I invented the internet I thought it was a good thing - that people would be able to be informed better. I admit I was wrong now. It appears so many have no background in the study of history, politics, science and other subjects that they cannot understand what is real and what is not.

It may be that in 20 or 30 years this sorts itself out. But it may not. I probably won't be around then, so my philosophy is simply to help others and treat everyone as equals.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'm a leftie. I don't know what the walkaway movement is. Get off FOX news and watch the real news if you seriously want to learn what liberals think.
The video is literally posted four posts above yours. Watch it

Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I've been thinking about this for a while and I admit that it's difficult for all human beings to be self reflective and look in the mirror and ask themselves what needs to change but this seems especially so for the modern day Democrat party. As conservatives many of us realize that we need to do a better job of reaching out to minorities to let them know that our message is as much for them as anyone else but I never read about leftists saying what they need to do differently or admitting what they're doing wrong. I mean that walkaway video to me was the epitome of why the modern day Democrat party has been hijacked by the radical left and is so divisive and arrogant and condescending yet the response by the overwhelming majority of those on the left is too quickly dismiss it and attack it instead of at least acknowledging some of the points. So my question to you, Mr. and Mrs. leftist is do you see any validity whatsoever in the walkway movement?

The very idea that I'd ever "walkaway" to find that one candidate that fits every idea I have is crazy. It's all about balance. You and many of your ilk have been manipulated into buying outrageous narratives about Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders...If you were part of a Democratic Party town meeting or any discussion of substance, you WOULD hear us talking about doing better in a lot of ways. But we will never match the Republican platform. And that's as it should be. We are opposing parties, and will have some convergence, but the fundamental approach to an issue will likely be different. And that is as it should be. I am not arrogant. I am not condescending. But I am met daily with a barrage of insults. Radical left. Leftist. You mean those as negatives, and can see no value in what I believe in. It goes both ways, Sophiasmommy. Perhaps, on the whole, the Republican party needs some self-reflection on meeting in middle ground to accomplish things for all citizens of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies