Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,679,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again, so what? the kennedys made their money running bootleg liquor from canada, among other illegal things. so the trumps went west and opened brothels, big deal. i thought you liberals wanted legal prostitution, unless of course it was created by someone whose family you hate, right? once again showing the hypocrisy of the left.
I was stating Trump's family history. Evangelicals have lost all credibility in their devotion to Trump and Trump claiming his support of the military also lacks any credibility. Trump's mother was an immigrant and four of Trump's five children are born of immigrants. Trump opposes outsourcing except for himself. And Trump believes in tariffs as long as they exclude clothes and shoes so his daughter won't be impacted. Trump opposes Obama playing golf, says he won't golf as president, then calls golf his primary source of exercise. See a pattern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 04:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,766,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I was stating Trump's family history. Evangelicals have lost all credibility in their devotion to Trump and Trump claiming his support of the military also lacks any credibility. Trump's mother was an immigrant and four of Trump's five children are born of immigrants. Trump opposes outsourcing except for himself. And Trump believes in tariffs as long as they exclude clothes and shoes so his daughter won't be impacted. Trump opposes Obama playing golf, says he won't golf as president, then calls golf his primary source of exercise. See a pattern?

yes, you are going to use any excuse you can find to hate trump. but hate is poison, and it doesnt affect the target of your hate, it only affects you, and some of those around you.

obama said a lot of things that he didnt follow through in office, all the promises about obamacare for instance. and if you look back in the obama family history, you are also going to find skeletons in his closet, but the fact is you wont care because he is your dear leader chairman maobama, and you are completely in the tank for him. in fact any closer and you would be licking the soap off his testicles, and be happy doing it.

candidates for office say a lot of things during the course of a campaign, and whether or not i vote for that person, most of the stuff they say i ignore. mostly because i know they are not going to follow through. but you cant see that with trump because you are blinded by hate.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,773,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Are you seriously comparing American immigration circa 1885 to today, 2018, 133 years later? Do you not see the flaws within this attempt at a point?!
You mean like the idiots who compare republicans of 1862 with republicans of today? You mean like that?
Look like Commodore Bone Spurs comes from a long and illustrious line of draft dodgers.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:18 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
https://www.history.com/news/donald-...other-ancestry

Hmm, apparently it was OK for a 16 year old barely skilled (even for that day and age) German, and one sickly and unfit for military service besides, to come to the US illegally. How come it's not OK for able-bodied, able-minded Mexican, Central American, etc. in good health to enter illegally? What COULD be the difference between a German and a Mexican and/or Central American?
The difference is the 16 year old had to fully support himself. No free anything and he entered the country legally. Very few of today's illegals are fully self supporting. Just their healthcare costs alone cost many billions.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 PM

5,789 posts, read 3,586,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The difference is the 16 year old had to fully support himself. No free anything and he entered the country legally. Very few of today's illegals are fully self supporting. Just their healthcare costs alone cost many billions.
That's still stealing jobs from native-born workers, isn't it? As for "free stuff", a lot of illegals support themselves too. Half the farms and ranches in the border states* wouldn't find enough labor if they had to hire only immigrants - especially hand-picking produce. Over $100 million in produce ended up rotting in those farmer's fields in those states alone. Similar story goes for dairy farms.

So even assuming illegals get "freebees" from the government, they taxpayers (even legal residents) are more than compensated from cheaper food at the grocery store. Not to mention illegals who are construction workers help keep up the supply of new houses, which keeps homes from being even more expensive than they already are.

Nothing in life is free. Certainly no GOOD thing in life is free (even non-"freebees"). You have to figure out all the prices of the product before accepting that product. Same thing goes for the opportunity costs of rejecting that bad before you reject that bad (i.e which is the lesser of the bads?).

The only way out of the illegal immigration issue I can see is to loosen up the "quotas" for foreign immigrants and/or guest workers. I say that so long as American citizens refuse to do their backbreaking low wage work (which will be a LONG time as the AL and GA examples show) then we simply have to raise the allowable numbers of immigrants to this country - and by a considerable amount besides. It's either that or the same old song and dance of (a) granting amnesty and (b) US citizens refusing to do the said grunt work that drives the demand for illegals in the first place.

*See Georgia and Alabama for details. They even tried convict labor, but even that still wasn't competent enough (totally independent of desire) to pick stuff quickly and efficiently.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,484,674 times
Talking The Trump Family's Immigrant Story

Quote:
On October 7, 1885, Friedrich Trump, a 16-year-old German barber, bought a one-way ticket for America, escaping three years of compulsory German military service.
So, the tRumps were a tribe of draft dodgers even before they got here.

No tRump has ever served in the military. But nowadays, one of them is commander bonespurs.

"Jeff Sessions! Protect me!"

Old 07-17-2018, 07:20 AM

62,774 posts, read 28,987,307 times
Quote:
That's still stealing jobs from native-born workers, isn't it? As for "free stuff", a lot of illegals support themselves too. Half the farms and ranches in the border states* wouldn't find enough labor if they had to hire only immigrants - especially hand-picking produce. Over $100 million in produce ended up rotting in those farmer's fields in those states alone. Similar story goes for dairy farms.

So even assuming illegals get "freebees" from the government, they taxpayers (even legal residents) are more than compensated from cheaper food at the grocery store. Not to mention illegals who are construction workers help keep up the supply of new houses, which keeps homes from being even more expensive than they already are.

Nothing in life is free. Certainly no GOOD thing in life is free (even non-"freebees"). You have to figure out all the prices of the product before accepting that product. Same thing goes for the opportunity costs of rejecting that bad before you reject that bad (i.e which is the lesser of the bads?).

The only way out of the illegal immigration issue I can see is to loosen up the "quotas" for foreign immigrants and/or guest workers. I say that so long as American citizens refuse to do their backbreaking low wage work (which will be a LONG time as the AL and GA examples show) then we simply have to raise the allowable numbers of immigrants to this country - and by a considerable amount besides. It's either that or the same old song and dance of (a) granting amnesty and (b) US citizens refusing to do the said grunt work that drives the demand for illegals in the first place.

*See Georgia and Alabama for details. They even tried convict labor, but even that still wasn't competent enough (totally independent of desire) to pick stuff quickly and efficiently.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There already are unlimited visa for legal, foreign crop pickers and only 2% of illegal aliens are picking crops anyway. Those who use cheap, illegal labor aren't passing any savings on to the consumer in the form of lower prices they are merely passing on the social costs of their cheap, illegal workers. So that so-called cheaper produce isn't so cheap after all, is it? Illegal aliens cost over $100 billion a year so they are no bargain to anyone except their greedy employers. They also send billions back to their homelands not spent in our economy. They overcrowd our schools, jail, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and add to our crime rates.

All other so-called back breaking work Americans have always done for a fair wage until millions of cheap, illegals flooded our border. I suggest you educate yourself on this issue. You're poorly informed and have fallen for the pro-illegal propaganda.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:24 AM

62,774 posts, read 28,987,307 times
Quote:
https://www.history.com/news/donald-...other-ancestry

Hmm, apparently it was OK for a 16 year old barely skilled (even for that day and age) German, and one sickly and unfit for military service besides, to come to the US illegally. How come it's not OK for able-bodied, able-minded Mexican, Central American, etc. in good health to enter illegally? What COULD be the difference between a German and a Mexican and/or Central American?

Are you not aware that Mexicans and other Latinos enjoy the largest quotas by far for legal immigration into our country already? We don't need their poor, unskilled and uneducated no matter how able bodied they are as they end up being a burden not a benefit.

What about diversity? Why should Latinos get a bigger share of the pie than other ethnic groups?

Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,190,636 times
Is Seacove really trying to make a connection between Trump not having been in the military and using that as proof that he is not pro-military?

Old 07-17-2018, 07:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,862,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, the tRumps were a tribe of draft dodgers even before they got here.

No tRump has ever served in the military. But nowadays, one of them is commander bonespurs.

"Jeff Sessions! Protect me!"

2 darlings of the left failed to serve and one absolutely dodged the draft. Bill Clinton. He actually stated that he loathed the military.
Obama claims to have briefly considered going in the Military. maybe he did but who knows.
The left made every excuse in the world why it was perfectly acceptable not to serve and still be president.
I detest Trump. I actually find that I hate him. That said I really hate fake outrage even more. Is serving a required standard or not? Is dodging the draft by any means possible wrong or not?

I haven't heard Trump say that he was anti-immigrant. Anti-illegal yes.
Now, If my grand father was a gang rapist, does it make me a hypocrite to be against gang rape?
What if he were only an arsonist? Is it wrong for me to oppose arson?

If I am married to a legal immigrant and have children by her, is it wrong to oppose dreamers, anchor babies, or VISA over stays? I ask because that argument comes up a lot from the left. Trump's wife is an immigrant and he is against immigrants. No he has come out against the 13 million plus illegals in this country.
This topic is one of the very very few in which I agree with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies