Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
They messed with votes.
I m telling you.
They did.
How?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 05:26 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Where is the healthcare he promised us? Why did he rip immigrant children away from their parents and make a number foster children? Why does he attack the intelligence community? Why are the tariffs hurting the US economy by losing jobs and raising prices rather than actually helping us?
No clue I pay for my own healthcare at my job.

You mean illegal immigrant invaders?

The FBI is a disgrace. CIA too

Will have to wait and see on the tariffs. Too early to tell

Old 07-18-2018, 05:33 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
the usa had interfered in the elections of foreign countries for years , they did it in ukraine a number of years ago

russia perhaps did set out to interfere but the reason trump won was because the democrats put forward a terrible canditate

Old 07-18-2018, 05:40 AM

5,064 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It also misses the point. It really doesn't matter who the characters were in 2016 - it was just the perfect set up for Russia's long game here, which they have been planning for years.

They are succeeding.
Oh it DID matter. The biggest issue for most of my liberal friends was Hillary and the DNC shutting Bernie out of the primaries. A couple of them still pulled the lever for her, but more of them sat out than voted, and one even voted for Trump rather than say OK to Hillary. She really is/was that disliked.

I understand that there was material put out ther by the Russians. I understand that it can be subtly invasive. But this ignores the fact that Clinton was wildly unpopular. Those few deciding votes in states she "should" have won would have been easily surpassed if her own actions hadn't made liberal Independents stay home.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:52 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,068,752 times
I personally voted for Trump and know of people who voted for Trump. None of us were influenced in our decision by Russia in any way. If there was information in support of his campaign placed online, oh well, that's not interference to me. Anyone has the right to post campaign literature online. Most of my decision was made by watching the debates on TV--was that Russia interference?

If someone went to the voting booth and hit the button for Hillary but it registered as a vote for Trump, then that would be considered interference or fixing a vote IMO. Did that happen?

Old 07-18-2018, 06:05 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,540,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Are they Russian trolls or do liberals call any non liberal a Russian troll?
Bingo!!!

Old 07-18-2018, 06:47 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No clue I pay for my own healthcare at my job.

You mean illegal immigrant invaders?

The FBI is a disgrace. CIA too

Will have to wait and see on the tariffs. Too early to tell
All these Trump talking points prove to me you are either a bot or you buy his BS. I don't know which would be worse.

I'm glad you have healthcare like I do but if ObamaCare is straight repealed like the Republican plans Trump has pushed rather than his previous, will you not be subjected to preexisting conditions?

News flash, I rather trust the FBI and CIA than the foreign leader who in gas his military cyber unit accused in the hacking into an election and a political rival. And Trump did want the Russian police to contribute to the investigation. How do you defend that?

We should but several companies have raised costs or are cutting jobs. There was a nail company who raised prices because they couldn't get Chinese steel (which Trump himself has used.) Harley Davidson has announced closing a U.S. plant and replacing it with an off-site plant due to tariffs on their needed parts.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
They got a hold of emails (through phishing and maybe other schemes) that were slightly damaging to Clinton and then released them. This may have effected (or is it affected) a few voters. I don't think many voters were influenced but who knows.
#Walkaway

No, it had no effect at all......

Old 07-18-2018, 07:04 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
Quote:
It's less about Trump and more about the ultimate desire to destabilize the western establishment, particularly relationships between the USA and the EU (striking a wedge between them). This is a long play by Russia, years (perhaps decades) in the making. 2016 was the perfect set up they had been waiting for. And social media technologies finally gave them the platform for critical mass messaging. Trump was just "the right character at the right time" - and it probably doesn't hurt that Trump has such...oddly comfortable preexisting relations with Putin et al.
what exactly is the "western establishment" ?

if anything - the thing destabilizing the western establishment is liberal ideologies that seek to make everyone equal (men and women can be women or men or act like it), allow illigal immigration, or give away free stuff to the mindless masses who in turn accept total control over their life by govt. the destabilization comes from debt and giveaways being built up over decades and liberals complaining when someone comes in and says "no" you can't have that. look in the mirror not at some "secret classified" info drop from govt. organizations who exist on taxpayer funding to bring you secret classified info drops that justify their existence.

Clinton and the dems did more harm to the country with her server hacked by hostile foreign entities and the Awan brothers controlling the IT of dozens of congress critters. Where is your outrage there?

Old 07-18-2018, 07:20 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
They messed with votes.
I m telling you.
They did.
Ok you're telling us they did.
Now tell us how they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies