Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:47 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It makes sense. By definition, progressives want things changed (not happy with how things currently are), whereas conservatives prefer the status quo (so it's presumably working out well for them).
If you think Trump is the old “status quo” you’re in the wrong forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Proof that ignorance is bliss.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:16 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And European countries are much happier than the United States.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gall...ies-world.aspx

Social welfare programs undoubtedly contribute to greater happiness. People in Western Europe don't have to worry so much if they fall ill or lose a job.
Policies that encourage a better work/life balance probably don't hurt, either.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And even when they took the polls in other countries, conservatives were much happier.
In 2006, PEW showed republicnas at 47% very happy while only 28% of democrats were.
And every survey since shows co servatives more happy.

This explains to me why you see so much anger, hate-mongering, vulgarity, intolerance, and devisiveness with democrats —they are pretty unhappy.

Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Schumer, et al — they are always outraged at something even when a democrat is president. Hollywood celebrity liberals are so often substance abusers, depressed and suicidal, and their movies are full of perverse violence and sex. Democrats rant, riot, harrass people, and lack civility and manners.
You just don’t hardly ever see republicans doing this. (I do not include Trump as a real republican, he was a dem for much longer and fits more with their angry bullying temperament)

Polls have consistently shown Republicans are far more charitable in their communities than democrats, so democrats could learn something from this. I want us to have two healthy parties in this countries for checks and balances. I don’t feel the democrat party promotes emotional health and balance anymore.

Mexican national gets prison time for faking citizenship, stealing $350G in benefits | Fox News

Quote:
Researchers at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles recently reported on a study in the Social Psychological and Personality Science that looked at “five data sets that include representative samples from 16 countries,” finding that conservatives found greater meaning in life and as a result were happier.

“A question that still needs to be addressed is why conservatives find more meaning in life than liberals. Our results showed that it can’t be completely explained by the fact that conservatives are more religious than liberals and religious people find more meaning in life than nonreligious people,” study lead David B. Newman noted. Perhaps one perk is relationships.”

Don't NEED any poll to know that.
All you have to do is watch the LSM and you will see a bunch of VERY UNHAPPY people fuming over hillary NOT winning the election and Trump did.

Over a year NOW and they STILL wine and cry like little spoiled brats who didn't get their way!

Old 07-18-2018, 12:48 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Once I gave up politics and belief in government, my stress level has dropped significantly. No more faith in politicians or institutions; only faith in myself.

Libertarians are, in my observations, far happier than either Team Blue or Team Red.
The libertarians tend to be kooky, and as a result of being a little off kilter and probably on drugs, they come across like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4xGzMQ12o

`

Old 07-18-2018, 03:51 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Hey — the link to the article got changed in my OP to some link about Mexicans.
How can that happen? Can the moderator put the correct link back in?
This is the original link to the article on Rs happier than Ds
Want to live a happier life? Be a conservative! | Fox News

Old 07-18-2018, 04:01 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Yet you are oblivious to the Pot Meet Kettle aspects of your own posts.
As opposed to the premise of the thread in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, richer, smarter, happier, better looking...sux to be liberal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Keep spreading that lie. There is a reason why all the beautiful people in Hollywood are liberals. Conservatives are ugly on the inside as well as the outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well that comment speaks volumes about you!
Interesting that you didn't choose to comment of Tall Traveler's post, just LifeIsGood's. It's almost like you have a bias.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Hey — the link to the article got changed in my OP to some link about Mexicans.
How can that happen? Can the moderator put the correct link back in?
This is the original link to the article on Rs happier than Ds
Want to live a happier life? Be a conservative! | Fox News
The link was wrong all along, I noticed that yesterday but you could try DMing a mod to get it corrected.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Policies that encourage a better work/life balance probably don't hurt, either.
I agree but I understood that the only one that can make that happen is me. So I got rid of debt, and am careful with my money. If anyone thinks gov't can have made it happen they'll die waiting, in fact gov't policies, especially Democrat policies make it harder to accomplish. But hey, don't believe me. I'll enjoy my balanced life while you wait.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Don't NEED any poll to know that.
All you have to do is watch the LSM and you will see a bunch of VERY UNHAPPY people fuming over hillary NOT winning the election and Trump did.

Over a year NOW and they STILL wine and cry like little spoiled brats who didn't get their way!
I wonder if they'll gather to scream at the sky in November lol

Old 07-18-2018, 05:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The libertarians tend to be kooky, and as a result of being a little off kilter and probably on drugs, they come across like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4xGzMQ12o

`
The Libertarian Party is not libertarian.

(L)ibertarian ≠ (l)ibertarian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies