Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 03:46 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,544,210 times

Advertisements

LOL, THREAD FAIL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 03:46 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,591,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Stop voting for the progressives who increase spending and our debt, which devalues the dollar. Vote against welfare which enourages people to not and not get married and raise their kids.
If one wants to make more, then work for it. Educate yourself.
Finish high school, work full time and wait until you're 21 to get married and have kids. Those 3 things gets one a 75 percent chance to be Middle Class or higher.
Please, progressives and conservatives all increase spending and debt... they just do it on different things.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There is no factual reason for that to occur. It's only your childishly wishful thinking.
So I will mark you down in the "Stagnating wages is not a problem" category. Maybe you don't see a problem with making everything more expensive, while no one gets paid any more, but that is a big problem. Even if your own childish wishful thinking keeps you from seeing it. I know it's hard for you silver spoon guys to understand, but some of us actually have to live in the real world, or have in the past, and understand the problem..

Old 07-20-2018, 03:48 PM

88,693 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL , as it is yours to think it does not matter.
It doesn't matter. For reference, just poll the bussers. They're only paid what their labor/skills are worth. Period.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:53 PM

As much as I would love to keep arguing with you guys, I have a strict, "No arguing on the internet" policy for weekends. So, y'all have a good weekend, be safe, etc..... Even you silver spoon guys who want to keep poor people poor.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:05 PM

88,693 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
As much as I would love to keep arguing with you guys, I have a strict, "No arguing on the internet" policy for weekends. So, y'all have a good weekend, be safe, etc..... Even you silver spoon guys who want to keep poor people poor.
People are poor by choice.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,202,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I don't give a damn what they are making. You have no right to tell anyone what to pay anyone else. It's private property and a private matter. Price fixing is supposed to be illegal. But it's ok when it's done by the state? Backed up by the police power? Bull$hit already. Can everyone in this damned society stop trying to steal from each other?
I'm so distressed that I've upset you. I must have hit the nail right on the head. Imagine me actually providing a realistic scenario where the restaurants can really afford to pay their waiters and waitresses a decent living.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 makes it public business. Maybe I will give a damn about your opinion when your head is on the dime and you know more about the law.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:37 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,202,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, wages shouldn't go up for any other reason than supply and demand. And no matter how poor you are, you don't get to steal from others. You don't get to be a thief. You are advocating and supporting thievery. Stop that.
You speak of price fixing. How often do you charge less than 6% for a real estate transaction? Hell! I've never paid my attorney more than 1% for a closing.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,493,281 times
Quote:
Oh sure..... cost of living is irrelevant..... If cost of living goes up, wages should too. End of story. As the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and people like you somehow think that is how it should work. Silver spoons man. Silver spoons. I don't believe for one minute you were ever truly poor, or ever truly had to struggle.
Right, cost of living is irrelevant!

As the rich get richer, the poor get richer. Everybody alive today lives a better life than 100 years ago. Everyone in America is fabulously rich according to any world standard.

The word "should" annoys me to no end. Who the hell are you to say wages should go up with cost of living? Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't, but trying to passing a law to force employers to pay up at gunpoint is armed robbery, extortion and slavery.

What kind of person would advocate armed robbery, extortion and slavery?

Old 07-20-2018, 05:06 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,493,281 times
Quote:
So you agree then, that they are not moral when underpaying employees. Got it!
Again, not if done voluntarily. How a person gets paid is between the payer and payee. If it's done voluntarily, who cares if a person is underpaid or overpaid?

Quote:
Not everyone can get a STEM degree. Surely you know that? You honestly think the person working down at Home Depot can just up and get a STEM degree of some sort? Come on bruh. And your stereotype of "Liberal Lesbian Art" is just stupid. Grow up.
I'd like to see how much money people can make on a liberal lesbian art degree.

Quote:
Someone doesn't know what armed robbery is. I also wasn't aware that a law meant to protect employees could be extortion either. Hmm... Learn something new every day......
Yes, it is extortion. When you use violence in an otherwise voluntary transaction, pay and be paid, and force one party to pay above fair market rate, it's extortion by definition.

Quote:
How is it moral, just or fair? How is it not? If it were up to you, everyone would be making peanuts, unless they were well educated and skilled in some STEM type profession. To you, "above market rate" is what? Anything deemed a living wage for the poor? What?
Forcing people at gunpoint to provide you a living wage just because is, by definition, slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies