Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 06:17 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I 100% agree with you. The problem is human beings dont just go plug their brains into a docking station to gain said skills in a couple hour upload time. It can take YEARS, in the mean time alot of people are either homeless or pseudo homeless during this time due to the fact that they are trying to juggle keeping their time to gain said skills and eat.
There is no reason to be homeless. Accept the fact that one will have to live in less expensive housing with roommates and one will not be living the lifestyle one wishes to until they improve THEIR OWN situation. NO ONE owes anyone else a certain standard of living. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 06:28 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Oh you know my ilk? Here's my ilk, then we'll go over yours again.

The $15 minimum wage is an illegal taking, it is theft on a grand scale, it is coercion, compulsion, and enslavement. It is moral insanity, economic suicide, and a cowardly way for the weak to tyrannize the strong.

It is justified based on collectivistic adaptations of retarded philosophies such as utilitarianism and consequentialism. But of course, similar to all the other redistributive Ponzi schemes, it MUST fail. Restaurants must raise prices to unreasonable levels, diners stay home or do what I do: dine OUTSIDE the city. Restaurants close. Idiot workers who demanded the immoral minimum wage are now unemployed. Robots become more economically feasible, and jobs are eliminated. People dreaming of opening a restaurant do a cost benefit and trash that dream, at least in areas where the confiscatory coercive minimum wage is declared economic martial law. The unjust high wages fuel inflation, raising prices for everything until the $15/hr buys the same goods and services $8 used to.

So it is unethical, immoral, and serves no purpose. Great, let's pass it so the idiot workers will also be the idiot voters who keep us in power.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was always the cynical purpose of the minimum wage. To buy votes from stupid people.
Roosevelt already had their votes. In 1936 Roosevelt got 536 electoral votes.
During the depression Roosevelt and Congress created the minimum wage to protect workers from people like you.

Incidentally there was an article in Foreign Affairs magazine earlier this year which makes the case for a ten to eleven dollar hour minimum wage country wide. It makes sense that the minimum wage would be higher in NYC than in Podunk.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:45 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Marc, Florida doesn't use attorney's. Some if the builders take advantage of that with shoddy workmanship. As far as first time buyers are concerned don't you usually charge the sellers or are you a buyer's agent?
I can act either as a buyer's agent, or a seller's agent. In either case I control my commission and can price according to the needs of the circumstance. For sellers I can charge based on my time requirements, the market segment of the home, how far it is from my office, and my existing workload. For buyers, that would take the form of a commission rebate. If someone has already picked out a home and simply needs representation, I can charge much less. If I am working for a first time homebuyer who will need a lot of time and attention, I charge more.

But in New Jersey, most transactions utilize the services of 2 attorneys, one for the buyer and one for the seller.

It's interesting that they don't do that in Florida. Maybe because up here everyone is rather combative and you need middlemen to keep everyone from killing each other.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
LOL, getting back to the original post ,it's false .The new min wage is not affecting restaurants that were not in trouble before it went into effect. Meaning if you can't run a small business it's you not the wage.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Roosevelt already had their votes. In 1936 Roosevelt got 536 electoral votes.
During the depression Roosevelt and Congress created the minimum wage to protect workers from people like you.

Incidentally there was an article in Foreign Affairs magazine earlier this year which makes the case for a ten to eleven dollar hour minimum wage country wide. It makes sense that the minimum wage would be higher in NYC than in Podunk.
Roosevelt was arguably the worst president that ever lived. And we are still paying for the collectivistic cancer he dutifully injected into the body politic.

Nonetheless, the minimum wage should be repealed. It is an economic abomination and survives only through the lack of philosophical and economic education of the American citizenry. A citizenry indoctrinated into Rooseveltian collectivism through the public school system that lauds their statist Gods. And just another argument for abolition of public schools.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, getting back to the original post ,it's false .The new min wage is not affecting restaurants that were not in trouble before it went into effect. Meaning if you can't run a small business it's you not the wage.
Untrue. The economic and regulatory environment in which a business operates has direct and overwhelming effects on every aspect of its operation. A business that is forced by coercive means to pay its labor more than it is worth is a business that will die. Price fixing is wrong, whether it is organized by the Mob, or the State.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 07-21-2018 at 07:03 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Marc, Florida doesn't use attorney's. Some of the builders take advantage of that with shoddy workmanship. You talk about hand holding. How do you know how much hand holding a seller is going to need going in? I've bought and sold enough houses to know that I want to know the broker's commission up front. As far as first time buyers are concerned don't you usually charge the sellers or are you a buyer's agent?

You talk to everyone like they are idiots. You are a salesman saying everything that comes into your mind just like the guy you voted for two years ago.
I have to talk to certain people on this forum like they are idiots. Look at the proportion of posters on this forum who support the minimum wage vs those posting against. Most are for it, and that position is morally bankrupt, economically illogical, counterproductive, coercive, and unethical.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You mean like "to big to fail, bail outs", sub prime mortgages, near zero interest rates (which drive up the costs of everything because now people can bid with the banks money, this also extends to credit cards)

In reality the issue is not the minimum wage but the grossly over inflated costs of key assets, 1.5 million for a beach property in cali .... seriously?

If we had proper trade embargos, immgration and TIGHTLY controled stock market (so tight the SEC carried M4's and invoked brutal beat downs and very public police brutality and shackling of white collar financial crimes.

So I agree with you, people should not be able to steal my hard earned money through vulture rental rates, over inflated costs of single family homes, cars, etc etc.

Why do people misrepresent a position, attack the misrepresentation, and think they made some kind of logical point? There should have been no bail out, there should have been no below market interest rates, there should be no Federal Reserve, we should be on the gold standard, there should be no SEC, and so on. Everything you are beotching about is a function of State involvement, State coercion, State corruption, and State-Private cronyism.

You are arguing for a small, limited government, and you don't even know it.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:15 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Untrue. The economic and regulatory environment in which a business operates has direct and overwhelming effects on every aspect of its operation. A business that is forced by coercive means to pay its labor more than it is worth is a business that will die. Price fixing is wrong, whether it is organized by the Mob, or the State.
Not true,as much as you want it to be ,it's not "price fixing".

Old 07-21-2018, 07:25 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Not true,as much as you want it to be ,it's not "price fixing".
Indeed, it is. It's price fixing a direct overhead cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies