Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:22 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
What we are seeing here is an extinction event.
at the very least devolving.
Perhaps it's in the water. I'm not joking, for decades fish and other water dwelling animals Including amphibians have been assimilating endocrine disrupters we've dumped into our water supply. They exhibit some bizarre sexual abnormalities. Nice of the clothiers to come to the rescue for a buck.
Headed to the woods now w/ my chainsaw.
not a bad thing though. it may help resolve the world's overpopulation issue. its a good thing for us real men. the soyboys will be eliminated over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 01:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What do you think? Do you think masculinity is outdated and broken ?

——
The company explained that the traditional definition of masculinity is "broken, outdated, and tired," and needs to be broadened and updated to fit our enlightened age. According to the Bonobos CEO, this isn't about the evolution of menswear— it's about the evolution of men. This is a theory of evolution that Darwin never covered in "The Origin of Species."

The video accompanying this campaign is exactly what you would expect. It features a collection of stylish and feminine dudes reading synonyms for masculine -- "macho, manly... strong, brawny, powerful" -- and then reacting with horror and disapproval. "My goodness," exclaims one guy. "I think that definition is a little scary," whimpers a grown man in a beanie. The men then give their own definitions, which include things like "being able to smile and cry" and "being brave enough to be who I am."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33237...ity-matt-walsh

This isn't about masculinity being outdated and broken, as you suggest. It is about broadening the definition. What if a man doesn't fit the traditional definition of being "macho, manly...strong, brawny, powerful"? Does that mean he isn't masculine? This is merely a campaign to appeal to men who see themselves in broader terms. If that doesn't fit you, it isn't aimed at you. But it is a very "now" piece, and, to be honest, quite effective to those it's aimed at.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Survival of the fittest no longer involves huge brawny muscles. These days its about brainpower. Welcome to the future where technology and intelligence is where the real strength is.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What do you think? Do you think masculinity is outdated and broken ?

——
The company explained that the traditional definition of masculinity is "broken, outdated, and tired," and needs to be broadened and updated to fit our enlightened age. According to the Bonobos CEO, this isn't about the evolution of menswear— it's about the evolution of men. This is a theory of evolution that Darwin never covered in "The Origin of Species."

The video accompanying this campaign is exactly what you would expect. It features a collection of stylish and feminine dudes reading synonyms for masculine -- "macho, manly... strong, brawny, powerful" -- and then reacting with horror and disapproval. "My goodness," exclaims one guy. "I think that definition is a little scary," whimpers a grown man in a beanie. The men then give their own definitions, which include things like "being able to smile and cry" and "being brave enough to be who I am."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33237...ity-matt-walsh
I like the idea of men smiling and crying more....and being themselves.

Given the choice between that and maybe padding the underwear so a johnson looks larger, I'll take door #1......

Speaking of underwear - one question I've really never had answered. Tighty whiteys have this sorta slit in the front - one on each side....what the heck is that type of construction for? Don't tell me one is supposed to thread the needle through that maze!

Old 07-18-2018, 01:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Whenever I see these posts scoffing at other men & claiming “real men blah blah blah”, I know the people posting it have severe self confidence issues.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
What's wrong with being a normal guy, not big and aggressive and not effeminate.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
not a bad thing though. it may help resolve the world's overpopulation issue. its a good thing for us real men. the soyboys will be eliminated over time.
A backhoe can outdig a real man.

Only a top engineer can design a better backhoe or computer.

The nerds win. Read about the flu epidemic of 1918 - it took the youngest and the strongest. If not for many of those "childless nerds", it would have taken 100's of millions....and many billions since.

An interesting factoid - I once read that there are, at most, a dozen people on the earth alive that can design the center (kernel) of a full computer operating system (OS).

These are the soyboys.

Yet, how many are there who we could hitch to a plow and have them pull it through a field? BILLIONS.

This particular war is over. Brains are the entire modus operandi of humans and have steered our entire course for millions of years. They allowed us to keep feeding them....with cooked food, then with other healthier foods, which made our brains bigger and bigger (and smarter)...

Even in the (fictional, but some historical truth) "The Vikings" (series), it is the genius boatbuilder who is responsible for the advancements. The same goes with the Roman and Greek and Egyptian empires - a handful of people were responsible for the advancements that created the modern world.

That gay guy....Alan Turing....won WWII and invented the modern computer. The skinny nerd (Gates) spread it around pretty well...along with the LSD-addled Steve Jobs.

None of them.....seemed to hit the gym often.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:58 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What's wrong with being a normal guy, not big and aggressive and not effeminate.
you lost the culture warriors when you included "effeminate" in the list.

to answer the question. there is nothing wrong with being a normal guy.

that aint what they want.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Nothing...except perhaps calling it normal.

I'm quite muscular and athletic....and certainly not effeminate. But I would never claim that I am normal. I am just who I am....a product of genetics and environment and more.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:02 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
A backhoe can outdig a real man.

Only a top engineer can design a better backhoe or computer.

The nerds win. Read about the flu epidemic of 1918 - it took the youngest and the strongest. If not for many of those "childless nerds", it would have taken 100's of millions....and many billions since.

An interesting factoid - I once read that there are, at most, a dozen people on the earth alive that can design the center (kernel) of a full computer operating system (OS).

These are the soyboys.

Yet, how many are there who we could hitch to a plow and have them pull it through a field? BILLIONS.

This particular war is over. Brains are the entire modus operandi of humans and have steered our entire course for millions of years. They allowed us to keep feeding them....with cooked food, then with other healthier foods, which made our brains bigger and bigger (and smarter)...

Even in the (fictional, but some historical truth) "The Vikings" (series), it is the genius boatbuilder who is responsible for the advancements. The same goes with the Roman and Greek and Egyptian empires - a handful of people were responsible for the advancements that created the modern world.

That gay guy....Alan Turing....won WWII and invented the modern computer. The skinny nerd (Gates) spread it around pretty well...along with the LSD-addled Steve Jobs.

None of them.....seemed to hit the gym often.
LOL. you are utterly wrong.

those guys using their brains to develop things like vaccines and computers are absolutely MEN. They are aggressive and competitive and willing to step out and take massive risks both personally and professionally.

They sacrifice themselves for some greater good.

The soyboys aint doing jack. They are wearing tight pants and crying because they have to compete.

Shoot all you have to do to know im right is listen to the wimpy left crying about why women don't go into STEM. ITs because it competitive and not female friendly.

you got it all wrong you don't even know what the subject is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies