Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,373,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Oklahoma City bombing
White American men are a bigger domestic terrorist threat than Muslim foreigners
The crappy in chief is still crappy.

What Trump’s latest pardon means for the future of the American West

Why do people always 'assume' they're poor immigrants and refugees ... and that crime is an issue because people are poor ...
White Collar Crime in Government--How We Are Combating It
What is the cost of White Collar Crime?
FACT CHECK: Trump, Illegal Immigration And Crime
So what was that about garbage? People coming into the u.s. appreciate America more than the Americans that are born here. Could be, there's a reason for that.

It must be a terrible burden of psychological dissonance to at once be compelled to defensively lay blame on White people at the same time that you are trying to do everything in your power for them not to abandon / reject you and other non-Whites.

Last edited by golgi1; 07-22-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 09:05 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,691,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's 2018. Not 1918. The world is no longer insulated and conducive to this nonsense. It shouldn't TAKE decades to assimilate anymore. Half the world already knows English and American lifestyle. Information travels faster than ever.

Unfortunately, many of today's immigrants just want to live like they did in Somalia or wherever else they came from, but with government money and American taxpayers paying for basically every aspect of their lives.

Too much time and resources is spent mediating the feelings of these always-aggrieved immigrant groups. If they aren't contributing anything in 20 years and still living off the tax payer dole then ship them back home. Many of them freely travel back and forth anyway. Don't come round talking about how "america is your home" if you're "Somali first" in every other way.
immigrants contribute a lot to American society. Certainly more than you think.

Todays immigrants do not want to live like they did in Somalia.

And Half the world does not know English. You’re exaggerating.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:10 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,373,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I find this to be BS...immigrants contribute a lot to American society. Certainly more than you think.

Most African immigrants contribute to a population with a high problem culture after the first generation. To put it simply, they swell the ghettos. That certainly doesn't contribute "more than we think". One success story doesn't make up for the low incidence of such, and it doesn't make up for the community fracture and political problems that occur in the homogeneous communities that they invade. See Minnesota.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:01 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Most African immigrants contribute to a population with a high problem culture after the first generation. To put it simply, they swell the ghettos. That certainly doesn't contribute "more than we think". One success story doesn't make up for the low incidence of such, and it doesn't make up for the community fracture and political problems that occur in the homogeneous communities that they invade. See Minnesota.
Who brought heroin into this country originally?

Who started modern day organized crime in this country?

Old 07-23-2018, 05:38 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,793,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Really? You mean I did not choose medical school for the specific reason that I did not want to be a workaholic? I must have false memories and you are a mind reader. Is my lost puppy near a body of water?

I can walk off a bridge and I don't. However at least you are mastering Aesop.

I have lost all credibility because there is no way that I could not have ever not computed the trade off of medical school or to have ever been productive otherwise. ???

Indeed I cannot prove the credulity of my claim, but while I am in doubt, you remove all doubt by making claims with no evidence.
The point is...people are calling you out because you got caught using a poor example of a standard that you think Somalis should meet (being a neurosurgeon), which you yourself clearly didn't/couldn't meet, and nobody is buying your excuses of not wanting to work long hours, having a job where you saved your company 7 figures, yada yada. Somalis could use the exact same excuses as you did for not being neurosurgeons, which would nullify your original argument.

Just admit that, that was a bad example to use and move on instead of backtracking, lol.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:57 AM

25,777 posts, read 16,394,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Many of these are hard working people who have escaped civil war. They think our worst, "bad" inner-city neighborhoods look soft and heavenly. As long as they are working, productive members of our communities... Welcome to America! Please help clean this place up. Alienate Trumpists so that maybe they will go elsewhere.
Zach talk to an African immigrant not from Somalia and see what they think. No on likes Somalis from Africa.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:16 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,314,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
immigrants contribute a lot to American society. Certainly more than you think.

And Half the world does not know English. You’re exaggerating.

Don't talk to me about "what immigrants contribute"... half of my family are immigrants. Well integrated, all speak English, moved up and out of the immigrant ghettos in less than a generation.

Funny thing is, though, you don't really hear about them or my ethnic group in the news. They aren't net drains on society. They also don't seem to constitute any special aggrieved population in the areas of the country where they settled/settle in large numbers. No breathless articles about the need to "integrate" them, or the "challenges" associated with them feeling trapped between two worlds. Massive resources aren't spent mediating the childish feelings of my people or having to explain to them why it's OK that women in America walk around without a sheet on their head.

SOME immigrant groups though (we won't mention names, but we all know them) ALWAYS ALWAYS have the same damned articles written about the 'challenges' a society faces to "integrate" them, whether the article is written in Minneapolis, Minnesota or Malmo, Sweden.

Just because someone is an "immigrant" doesn't make them wonderful, contributing or even valuable. The US tax payer literally takes care of SO many "immigrants" for every aspect of their lives and pays every cost associated with raising their kids it's ridiculous. The percentage of Medicaid births in this country to illegal immigrants alone is shockingly high.

Enough with this garbage romanticization. The inability to look at immigration and individual immigrants (or even, a macros subset of immigrants from certain cultures and regions vs. others) to determine whether said immigrant is a benefit to the American people or nation is a failure that leads to unnecessary strife.

Don't ever forget: Immigration laws are supposed to work for the needs, requirements and benefit of the AMERICAN PEOPLE. NOT IMMIGRANTS. Immigrants play by the rules, or they can choose 200+ other countries to try their luck in.

......oh, and by the way, the part of the world we SHOULD be bringing into America for the economic needs of the 21st century DOES speak English (i.e., the educated ones with skills).

Old 07-23-2018, 09:25 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,314,236 times
Quote:
It must be a terrible burden of psychological dissonance to at once be compelled to defensively lay blame on White people at the same time that you are trying to do everything in your power for them not to abandon / reject you and other non-Whites.

Not to mention, the dishonest headlines about "white men" being "more of a threat" in even "right wing terror" is read meat for idiots who never learned the concept of population proportionality.

Take a look at TOTAL incidents, and obtain one conclusion that allows you to gloss over the fact that one other ideological/religious subset of the population (representing less than 2% of the population) commits terror at a rate at a rate 10X their representation.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:33 AM

62,597 posts, read 28,779,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Don't talk to me about "what immigrants contribute"... half of my family are immigrants. Well integrated, all speak English, moved up and out of the immigrant ghettos in less than a generation.

Funny thing is, though, you don't really hear about them or my ethnic group in the news. They aren't net drains on society. They also don't seem to constitute any special aggrieved population in the areas of the country where they settled/settle in large numbers. No breathless articles about the need to "integrate" them, or the "challenges" associated with them feeling trapped between two worlds. Massive resources aren't spent mediating the childish feelings of my people or having to explain to them why it's OK that women in America walk around without a sheet on their head.

SOME immigrant groups though (we won't mention names, but we all know them) ALWAYS ALWAYS have the same damned articles written about the 'challenges' a society faces to "integrate" them, whether the article is written in Minneapolis, Minnesota or Malmo, Sweden.

Just because someone is an "immigrant" doesn't make them wonderful, contributing or even valuable. The US tax payer literally takes care of SO many "immigrants" for every aspect of their lives and pays every cost associated with raising their kids it's ridiculous. The percentage of Medicaid births in this country to illegal immigrants alone is shockingly high.

Enough with this garbage romanticization. The inability to look at immigration and individual immigrants (or even, a macros subset of immigrants from certain cultures and regions vs. others) to determine whether said immigrant is a benefit to the American people or nation is a failure that leads to unnecessary strife.

Don't ever forget: Immigration laws are supposed to work for the needs, requirements and benefit of the AMERICAN PEOPLE. NOT IMMIGRANTS. Immigrants play by the rules, or they can choose 200+ other countries to try their luck in.

......oh, and by the way, the part of the world we SHOULD be bringing into America for the economic needs of the 21st century DOES speak English (i.e., the educated ones with skills).

This is the absolute truth and I so agree with you.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:32 PM

15,653 posts, read 7,499,894 times
Quote:
Not really. It's called being nice. Try it some times. It works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies