Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

...then do it in a way while still having the balls to stand up for America, instead of publicly siding with election infiltrators and denigrating your own intelligence services. That is not "better relations;" that's weak capitulation and failure to put America first.

Thought all you strong conservatives had some guts. Instead, you seem happy to watch The Idiot give in to dictators and not hold them accountable for any intrusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 09:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...then do it in a way while still having the balls to stand up for America, instead of publicly siding with election infiltrators and denigrating your own intelligence services. That is not "better relations;" that's weak capitulation and failure to put America first.

Thought all you strong conservatives had some guts. Instead, you seem happy to watch The Idiot give in to dictators.
So now the Democrat's mantra is America must be put first even if you think in certain situations America is wrong? One must have blind faith in our intelligence agencies because they're ours? And oh, we know they never lie

Sounds very authoritarian, sounds very unintelligent, sounds very conformist. No thanks.

When will the Democrat party become liberal again and value free thought?

Old 07-18-2018, 10:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
I'll just copy one of my posts:

Kennedy on the Cuban Missile Crisis:

"Finally: I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to halt and eliminate this clandestine, reckless, and provocative threat to world peace and to stable relations between our two nations. I call upon him further to abandon this course of world domination, and to join in an historic effort to end the perilous arms race and to transform the history of man. He has an opportunity now to move the world back from the abyss of destruction -- by returning to his government's own words that it had no need to station missiles outside its own territory, and withdrawing these weapons from Cuba -- by refraining from any action which will widen or deepen the present crisis -- and then by participating in a search for peaceful and permanent solutions.

If it were Trump

"Finally: I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to h̶a̶l̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶l̶i̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶k̶l̶e̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶o̶c̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶i̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶y̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶t̶o̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶C̶u̶b̶a̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶s̶i̶s̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ let me know how the weather is in Cuba, and how are the missiles?

Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'll just copy one of my posts:

Kennedy on the Cuban Missile Crisis:

"Finally: I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to halt and eliminate this clandestine, reckless, and provocative threat to world peace and to stable relations between our two nations. I call upon him further to abandon this course of world domination, and to join in an historic effort to end the perilous arms race and to transform the history of man. He has an opportunity now to move the world back from the abyss of destruction -- by returning to his government's own words that it had no need to station missiles outside its own territory, and withdrawing these weapons from Cuba -- by refraining from any action which will widen or deepen the present crisis -- and then by participating in a search for peaceful and permanent solutions.
This is nonsense. The US has been meddling, assassinating, committing war etc to further their geopolitical interests when there was an USSR and when there was no USSR. Do you believe this nonsense that Russia/USSR are the bad guys who meddle and are bent on world domination and the US is the good guys?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ries-elections

Old 07-18-2018, 11:08 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is nonsense. The US has been meddling, assassinating, committing war etc to further their geopolitical interests when there was an USSR and when there was no USSR. Do you believe this nonsense that Russia/USSR are the bad guys who meddle and are bent on world domination and the US is the good guys?

Stop using binary logic. No one is either good or bad. That doesn't change the fact that what the president said was in poor taste to say the least.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

LOL, nice deflection. Especially for the Mr. MAGA POTUS.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:32 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,954 times
Quote:

Thought all you strong conservatives had some guts. Instead, you seem happy to watch The Idiot give in to dictators and not hold them accountable for any intrusion.
Good gawd. I’ve never seen a meltdown like this.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:

This is my opinion. President Trump has no problem dealing with and making very nice with "strongman" types. Examples include Franco, Mussolini, Papa Doc, Stroessner, etc. I think this is something that many within (not all of his fan base) his fan base like.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:39 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is my opinion. President Trump has no problem dealing with and making very nice with "strongman" types. Examples include Franco, Mussolini, Papa Doc, Stroessner, etc. I think this is something that many within (not all of his fan base) his fan base like.
Franco and Mussolini? What century is this

Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Franco and Mussolini? What century is this
I never said they were from this century. I was giving examples of "strongmen" types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strongman_(politics)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies