Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:58 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"We" as a country most certainly do. "We" need to clean up our own backyard.
"I object to US interfering with others' elections" is different from "I won't criticize or object to Russian interference with our elections because the US does it". You realize this, right?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:01 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
"We" as a country most certainly do. "We" need to clean up our own backyard.
We don't have time to clean up our own backyard. We're too busy putting out the daily dumpster fires that are Trump induced.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
"I object to US interfering with others' elections" is different from "I won't criticize or object to Russian interference with our elections because the US does it". You realize this, right?
You can complain all you like. What do you expect done?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We don't have time to clean up our own backyard. We're too busy putting out the daily dumpster fires that are Trump induced.
Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Yemen, etc was not Trump induced. Our spying was not Trump induced. He is guilty of continuing the same failed actions but so would Hillary.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:16 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
You can complain all you like. What do you expect done?
I expect that our executive would levy appropriately tempered but effective measures to discourage meddling in the future and issue a warning to the interfering party identifying additional repercussions should such activity continue, along with a directive that the US take countermeasures to prevent future interference and prosecution of any person(s) that assisted the Russians.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:23 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Yemen, etc was not Trump induced. Our spying was not Trump induced. He is guilty of continuing the same failed actions but so would Hillary.
Today. I'm talking about today. I know we are at fault on a lot of fronts. That does not preclude us from doing something about Trump today. He is an embarrassment and a danger to citizens of this country by his very agreement to send our people to Putin for questioning. What president would do that? Why does it take a unanimous resolution of the Senate to NOT send our people to Russia. Trump is clearly out of his depth and off his rocker.

If Hillary is guilty of something, then let that come out. I have no problem with it.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:42 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course Trump hates it. He know it makes his election win look like it is not legit, and of course Russians wanted Trump to feel like he is the president because of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Why the thumbs up?

The election win was legitimate and the Russians did not affect the outcome.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I expect that our executive would levy appropriately tempered but effective measures to discourage meddling in the future and issue a warning to the interfering party identifying additional repercussions should such activity continue, along with a directive that the US take countermeasures to prevent future interference and prosecution of any person(s) that assisted the Russians.
Such as?

Old 07-19-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Today. I'm talking about today. I know we are at fault on a lot of fronts. That does not preclude us from doing something about Trump today. He is an embarrassment and a danger to citizens of this country by his very agreement to send our people to Putin for questioning. What president would do that? Why does it take a unanimous resolution of the Senate to NOT send our people to Russia. Trump is clearly out of his depth and off his rocker.

If Hillary is guilty of something, then let that come out. I have no problem with it.
He is an embarrassment. Make that argument though. Not this stuff.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:07 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump ignored it because he has no love or loyalty for this nation.

His cultists worship him for much the same reason.

"according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing"

"according to one of his closest aides who spoke on the condition of anonymity"

"According to nearly a dozen people who either attended the meeting with the president-elect or were later briefed on it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies