Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
As usual the Left only cares about things when it’s convenient for them. The Left is so disingenuous with their phony outrage.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

Actually Russia wasn't a threat until they persuaded our president to align with them against the best interests of the US. Russia was not a threat to the US when Obama was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 05:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We threatened Russia, not the other way around. It's one reason among many I refused to vote for Hillary.
Ah not voting for Hillary! One of the easiest decisions most of us will ever make! She was such a bad candidate that she actually lost to Donald Trump.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Actually Russia wasn't a threat until they persuaded our president to align with them against the best interests of the US. Russia was not a threat to the US when Obama was president.
LMAO Talk about revisionist history
They supposedly hacked the election while Obama was president!!!!
They opposed our involvement in Syria, providing the Syrian government, who we opposed, with military support, logistics and bodies on the ground. Their planes would harass ours.
They made threats if we involved ourselves or aided our allies in the Ukraine.
Yes they were absolutely a threat. The only difference is that the Dems feel the Russians screwed their party.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 07-19-2018 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 05:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Can you give an example? Post a video clip, please, I want to hear the exact words.

You can also tell me which President was tougher on Russia. Obama or Trump. Refer to sanctions, missile defense systems, actions taken against Russian aggression, etc. List please.

"This is my last election. I can be more flexible after my re-election." — Barrack Hussein Obama

Old 07-20-2018, 05:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Remember when Obama called ISIS, "the JV team?"

Old 07-20-2018, 05:18 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So since a man said Russia was not a threat in 2012, that means no one can changetheir minds or see things differently in 2018. I, for one, am glad we can change our minds on things or else I'd still be wearing denim shorts out in public. Besides, you conservatives keep telling us how wrong Obama was on everything.
Don't you mean denim mom jeans?

The libs go whichever way the Barrack wind blows. That must be the change Barrack was talking about.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:31 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
He was correct, Russia isn't our greatest geo-political threat it's China. Russia has an economy slightly larger than NY State but they do have nuclear capability. They are a larger more reasonable version of NK with a better economy.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:55 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
As usual the Left only cares about things when it’s convenient for them. The Left is so disingenuous with their phony outrage.
You guys crack me up with the "us versus them" simple minded arguments.

Obama's statement was idiotic and foolish, and ABSOLUTELY he and all the other previous Presidents that have sat back and watched the Russian criminal enterprise spread their tentacles all over the world need to be held accountable for their apathy. The only one that got it right was Reagan and I think even he was wise enough to know that bringing down the wall would only be a short diversion from the ultimate mission of the USSR/Russia to undermine and destroy Western democracy.

What will they accomplish now that they have an ally in their effort in the White House itself? Remains to be seen, but so far our Legislative branch seems to be unwilling to defy a President that clearly could not care less about protecting the freedoms of the American people.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:22 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So since a man said Russia was not a threat in 2012, that means no one can changetheir minds or see things differently in 2018. I, for one, am glad we can change our minds on things or else I'd still be wearing denim shorts out in public. Besides, you conservatives keep telling us how wrong Obama was on everything.
"So since a man said Russia was not a threat in 2012, that means no one can changetheir minds or see things differently in 2018"

And Obam said he would have MORE latitude after he won re-electon.

And Obam supported hillary and the re-set button with Russia. But that was during the Obam admin and doesn't count.

THEN we have the Obama ADMIN selling uranium to Russia RIGHT BEFORE he left office and AGAIN THAT doesn't count!

Hillary took MILLIONS from the Russian's for her "foundation"

What changes so much between when Obama ran things to NOW?

When a dem changes THEIR mind, they are "EVOLVING"

When a repub changes their mind try are not serious, liars and wishy-washy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies