Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 11:42 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Daily violence from the left?"

Surely, this should be easy enough to provide links.

That's what I'm thinking too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 11:47 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Maybe the lefties can fight them off with their purses.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:54 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Proud Boys, the Infamous Right-Wing Brawlers, Head to the Heart of Antifa Country"

These right wing thugs aren't going to Portland to sip coffee at the bookstore. Just another example of how Trumpism is dividing America and inspiring violence.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-...antifa-country

All the violence and hate is coming from the left-wing thugs like Maxine Waters occupy wall street etc., and the fake news outlets.

When he right wingers march in Portland, the only violence will come from the left hate Trumpers.

You don't see right wingers confronting public Trump officials in restraunts. That type of conduct show be denounced by everyone, bur good ole Maxine encourages it. They should be ashamed of themselves. That is not an America I want .

You on the left are like granny Clampet. Jed said then only thing she ever wanted was her own way. And when you don' get it, you act like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum,

Old 08-05-2018, 12:02 PM

17,602 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Antifa are the violent gang of thugs that cause the problems

Old 08-05-2018, 12:22 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I'm not sure why certain American mayors are willing to tolerate riots in their cities. Well, actually I know why. When they're not in favor of a demonstration they pull the police back so they can shut it down later as part of public safety concerns.

That's what they did in Charlottesville and an innocent girl lost her life. Those mayors need to be prosecuted by the federal government for something. To me, those actions are criminal.
Absolutely! It’s the mayors and local police who allow these things to get out of hand. The guy saying those people wouldn’t bother going to other cities probably doesn’t realize people like that have always gone to other cities, but the police never let it get out of control. All my life the idiot KKK people have had annual parades all over the country, and the ACLU has always defended their right to do so. Normally what would happen is the meager amount of KKK people would have their march while counter-protestors would stand along the sides and jeer at them. It never got beyond words, and everyone dispersed leaving the KKK looking like fools. The police did their jobs to make sure there was no violence.

Now they let the counter-protestors attack them and turn the idiots into sympathetic characters. And it’s all because the police don’t do their jobs, or aren’t allowed to do their jobs.

By idiots, I’m referring to KKK and other white supremacist groups, not these Proud Boys necessarily because I don’t know anything about them.

Last edited by katygirl68; 08-05-2018 at 12:50 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 12:24 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Antifa are the violent gang of thugs that cause the problems
You mean kind of like these guys...

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/hat...ps-in-america/

Old 08-05-2018, 12:38 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Now they let the counter-protestors attack them and turn the idiots into sympathetic characters. And it’s all because the police don’t do their jobs, or aren’t allowed to do their jobs.
As Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake of Baltimore said, "Let them LOOT, it's only property".

Old 08-05-2018, 12:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why are Antifa folks always wearing masks?

Why would someone who opposes fascists wear a mask?
Your question reveals the ironic truth of the situation. Those who you call "fascists" aren't the fascists. The fascists are those who are planning on doing illegal things to suppress freedom of assembly and free speech. To attempt to do so and get away with it requires a mask.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:50 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Identity politics gee go figure. Making things up about Trump supporters is the same garbage that cost the left the White House and Congress. They won't learn.
That's a good point. The left has left no stone unturned in the dark recesses of their imagination when it comes to inventing new accusations/lies against Trump. In the past, this has worked for them really well. Look at Bush for instance: he just stood there while they lied about him and kicked him in the balls. Trump fights back against the lies. He's like a mirror--an eye for an eye kind of guy. That REALLY infuriates the left. It's like someone kicking a hornets nest. Because, they can dish it out, but are absolutely incapable of taking it.

The most amusing aspect is that they really don't know what to do about it. Every time they come out with a new morsel of nonsense, it goes absolutely nowhere and/or backfires. If nothing else, this has been the most entertaining two years of my life, politically speaking. And it's a twofer... we also get our country back.

Although I was of the opinion that it couldn't have gotten much worse than it was in the previous eight years (although I'm sure Hitlery could have taken us closer to hell), I went into the "Trump Era" pretty skeptical. But not so much at this point. If things keep improving as they are and we keep defeating tyranny and mandated collectivism, I'm good with it.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:07 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You mean kind of like these guys...

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/hat...ps-in-america/
What's interesting is that I don't see them cracking any skulls, smashing any windows, setting any fires, blocking any freeways in the picture. So tell, me, which laws are they breaking? Sure, they are stupid and espouse a philosophy with a pretty horrible history. But stupid is not illegal. Philosophy is not illegal.

On the other hand, your boys have caused a whole lot of trouble over the past few years. Way more than these jerks in this video have. They say things you don't like--again, that is not illegal. On the other hand, your bangers beat people, smash windows, burn cars, intimidate people, block freeways, disallow others to express their opinions, and generally act like a bunch of ghetto trash/thugs. So, from an outside perspective which group is worthy of more respect, or maybe a better question, since neither are worthy of respect, would be: which of the two groups of low-lifes is worth less disrespect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies